Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Ticket :(

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 09:45 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First Ticket :(

My husband got his first speeding ticket today. Other cars were going faster, but his seemed to be targeted. I guess it looks fast...
Old 02-13-2004, 09:55 AM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: First Ticket :(

Originally posted by Starbie
My husband got his first speeding ticket today. Other cars were going faster, but his seemed to be targeted. I guess it looks fast...
If you would have been driving and batted your eyes a bit, you probably would have gotten a verbal or written warning.....of course, along with a, 'Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice car!"
Old 02-13-2004, 10:36 AM
Pro

I ALMOST got a ticket yesterday.

I ALMOST got a ticket yesterday. This car just makes me drive it really fast

I was standing first at a street light on Route 28 in Virginia, which is a 55 mph "highway" (with occasional traffic lights). The light turns green and I floor it! Several seconds later I'm at 68mph and checking my rearview mirror to see that I left everyone else back at the light. But to my horror I see that there is a cop in another lane, second or third in line. It was obvious he did not appreciate what my car could do because he quickly manuevered into my lane and started fast approach.

But as soon as I saw the cop car, I slammed on the brakes and slowed down to 50. He pulled behind me and followed for a mile. I thought my heart was going to jump out of my chest! But since he didn't clock my speed, and I didn't weave in and out of traffic or exhibit other types of aggressive behavior, he had no cause to stop me.

All this time he was behind me I was rejoycing from the fact that I had just replaced a paper tag on my rear window with a permanent license plate. I'm 100% sure that the cop would've used that temp tag as an excuse to stop me. And then he would've found out that the tag expired over a month ago and I would've gotten a ticket.

Whew...
Old 02-13-2004, 10:40 AM
What's a TL?

Re: Re: First Ticket :(

Originally posted by tripp11
If you would have been driving and batted your eyes a bit, you probably would have gotten a verbal or written warning.....of course, along with a, 'Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice car!"
Is that how you usually avoid citations Tripp??
Old 02-13-2004, 11:08 AM
Lastdra900n

when i got my first ticket, the cop wouldnt stop checking out the tl =)
Old 02-13-2004, 11:22 AM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Re: Re: First Ticket :(

Originally posted by VTEC=happiness
Is that how you usually avoid citations Tripp??
LMAO...only you would think of such a thing, VTEC.

Nah, I avoid them because I'm a law abiding citizen.
Old 02-13-2004, 11:56 AM
Instructor

nice dulnev,

where are on 28 were you? you gotta watch those cops especially the loudoun county ones they are everywhere i live in ashburn..might have seen you on the road
Old 02-13-2004, 01:33 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Funny my 2002 TL was a cop magnet. My new 6 speed hasnt attracted any in 6K (I'm on to their hide outs!).
Old 02-13-2004, 01:48 PM
Racer

Re: I ALMOST got a ticket yesterday.

Originally posted by dulnev
I ALMOST got a ticket yesterday. This car just makes me drive it really fast

I was standing first at a street light on Route 28 in Virginia, which is a 55 mph "highway" (with occasional traffic lights). The light turns green and I floor it! Several seconds later I'm at 68mph and checking my rearview mirror to see that I left everyone else back at the light. But to my horror I see that there is a cop in another lane, second or third in line. It was obvious he did not appreciate what my car could do because he quickly manuevered into my lane and started fast approach.

But as soon as I saw the cop car, I slammed on the brakes and slowed down to 50. He pulled behind me and followed for a mile. I thought my heart was going to jump out of my chest! But since he didn't clock my speed, and I didn't weave in and out of traffic or exhibit other types of aggressive behavior, he had no cause to stop me.

That bassically how my agressiving ticket started..... Be Careful!!!!

All this time he was behind me I was rejoycing from the fact that I had just replaced a paper tag on my rear window with a permanent license plate. I'm 100% sure that the cop would've used that temp tag as an excuse to stop me. And then he would've found out that the tag expired over a month ago and I would've gotten a ticket.

Whew...
Old 02-13-2004, 02:12 PM
Chief TL Aviator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The car is faster than you think!

I got pulled over a month after I got it, but didn't get a ticket. Wife batted her eyes nicely at the officer from the passenger seat
and saved the day!!!!

:-0)
Old 02-13-2004, 02:32 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Re: I ALMOST got a ticket yesterday.

dulnev,

You got to make sure it's not Qatar who pulled you over. That seems to be his territory.