First Dealer Service

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004 | 08:49 PM
Black

First Dealer Service (vibration, leather, sunroof, etc.)

OK, so I've had my car (VIN 2690) for almost 4 months (3500 miles), and decided to get some issues taken care of. Below find the itemized list and [pending] solutions (I haven't picked the car up yet - more on that below) :

1. Tire wobble at 50MPH -- I have no idea what is causing it, but it's pretty severe. Apparently my car was badly out of alignment (what the hell do they do at pre-delivery inspection?) so they realigned it and drove it this morning. They also "replaced the rigid exhaust clips with more flexible ones from a 2003 TL." Does this seem normal? I mean, ?!@!!!??

2. Transport clip under front bumper and plastic on driver's window - I believe they removed them. Shouldn't have been there for me to see, period.

3. Driver's seat heater switch wouldn't go to "low" - part is ordered and will be installed tomorrow.

4. Leather on driver's seat - apparently it's beginning to crack and they've ordered a new leather piece. Definitely not a good sign on a car with 3500 miles. NOTE that the rear seats look far worse, and I don't have people or things in them very often...

5. Outside Temperature gauge worthless (ie: reads 57 when it's 39 degrees) - no solution at this point other than to ratchet it down a couple degrees. NOTE that the 2003 TL loaner I have is very accurate...

6. Creaking from sunroof and headliner - unsure of solution (clips?), but they're doing something. They traced creaks to the dashboard and headliner.

7. Glovebox misaligned - nothing yet (until it falls off).

8. Headlights have a yellow "burn" mark on top of each - all 2004 TL's have this as an D.O.T. anti-glare "feature".

9. Seat Memory issue - no solution yet but there is a service bulletin.

10. Front hood difficult to open/close - they're investigating (obviously will confirm when they try to change the oil).

11. MIL/SES light on >5000 RPM - performing software update.

I'll update with more info after I get the car back - after 3-4 days at dealer...

Hopefully this will be the last "extended" service - the 2003 Type-S definitely isn't the car the 2004 is.

-josh

2004 WDP auto navi
Old 01-27-2004 | 11:49 PM
Banned

Lindros,

I feel your pain, my car is an early build also (a little earlier than yours) and has spent 10 nights in the shop and had to drive crappy rental cars while in the shop.

I had many of the same issues as you, some not, some more.

1. Car has been aligned (but be careful, none of the programs have the 04 TL as also reported by the guy who's car was in a collison).

Tires had to be reballanced (but still vibrates)

Interesting they changed your exhaust hangers to the 2nd gen type, has that helpd with any vibrations?

2. did not have delivery issues

3. Others have had problems with heater switches

4. Drivers seat has bad creases in it (like many others)

5. Outside Temperature gauge is still off, best it has gotten is 6 degrees off

6. Liner had broken clips that were replaced, dash still creaks

7. Glove box was re-aligned 3 times, and new mounting clips used

8. Yep have the yellow ring on the headlight beam, always figured it was a refractive element fromt he prismatic lens.

9. Seat memory, doesnt work, no fix yet

10. Hood was adjusted, works great now, supposedly was an early build issue, not alligned right at factory.

11. MIL - they re-programed the computer.

Several other items that you did not list.

Part of owning an early build car I guess