Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Firestone MasterCare stepping up....

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 03:53 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firestone MasterCare stepping up....

I left my car with a Firestone/Bridgestone MasterCare service center(Lakeland FL) all day today, again.

A few weeks ago they agreed all my tires were bad and ordered some new ones, same crappy ones. I went back today, been out of town since then, and they wanted to 're-check all the tires again to 're-verify' they were bad. This worried me thinking they were going to tell me to stick it.
Hours later they call me to come in to talk about the problem with the manager. They told me the tires still would not balance and(to my surprise!!) asked if I would like some NEW DIFFERENT tires. I said I would love some Falken Azenis ST-115s in the size 245/45 -17s. They ordered them today and will put them on next week at zero charge to me. I am obviously very pleased.

The manager did not say why they were being so helpful; but he did mention some sort DOT message in refernce to the OEM tires. I didn't press him about the subject but he seemed very eager to use any tire but the original ones.

Thinking about it later I beleive some thing is coming out about the tires and he did not want to put the same ones on, even a new set knowing they would be replaced soon. He said they tried a new one but it did not help. I am obviously estatic; I was making plans to purchase the Falken's myself.

I would recommend those still having issues go to their nearest MasterCare Center. It is more than a cold weather flat spoting problem since I live in central Florida.
Old 02-23-2004, 11:55 AM
Advanced

Update...

Master Care is replacing all 4 tires tomorrow. The manager called today to confirm the Falkens I wanted. They will be replaced tomorrow at zero$$$ cost to me.

I couldn't be happier after 8500 miles of vibration. Acura needs to take a few lessons from Bridgestone on standing behind their product!!!!
Old 02-23-2004, 12:07 PM
Racer

Great news, I'm really happy for you. Please share your impressions and opinions of the new tires once you get to know them.
Old 02-23-2004, 12:42 PM
Instructor

I'm getting Falken ST-115 put on my OEM 18's this week. Can't wait.
Old 02-23-2004, 01:45 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Re: Firestone MasterCare stepping up....

That's the wonderful news.

I was trying to approach Bridgestone hotline and store months ago. Both of them mentioned to me that our OEM tires are really not their direct responsiblities at this point, and suggested that I should talk to my car dealer directly in order to fix this issue.

I didn't go such Master Care Center though.
Old 02-23-2004, 02:53 PM
What's a TL?

Re: Update...

Originally posted by FirstAcura
Master Care is replacing all 4 tires tomorrow. The manager called today to confirm the Falkens I wanted. They will be replaced tomorrow at zero$$$ cost to me.

I couldn't be happier after 8500 miles of vibration. Acura needs to take a few lessons from Bridgestone on standing behind their product!!!!
I though the Azenis were on heavy backorder
Old 02-23-2004, 04:57 PM
Advanced

I have never checked the status/availability of the Falkens; but I have confirmed they will be installed tomorrow. I am getting 245/45-17, not sure if that makes a difference. The manager at the Master Care center has been more candid with me than antone at Acura; so I feel good about the tires being there......I hope.
I think he just wants to put anything on other than the OEMs; knowing he would have to replace them again.
Old 02-23-2004, 05:17 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by FirstAcura
I have never checked the status/availability of the Falkens; but I have confirmed they will be installed tomorrow. I am getting 245/45-17, not sure if that makes a difference. The manager at the Master Care center has been more candid with me than antone at Acura; so I feel good about the tires being there......I hope.
I think he just wants to put anything on other than the OEMs; knowing he would have to replace them again.

245/45... Wise choice Should look much better on the stock 8 inch wide rim.