3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FINALLY...Solution to Both Tire and Engine Vibrations!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 08:29 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation FINALLY...Solution to Both Tire and Engine Vibrations!!!

Hey guys. I think I finally got a solution for all the vibration issues. Both tire and engine vibrations.

I’ve tried numerous resolutions to no avail, including wheel balance, alignment, and using lower grade gas.

But finally decided to try to think “outside the box” for solutions. I’ve did come up with a solution that seems to actually work!

Before reading further, try to keep an open mind, and please save all your flames.

With that said, first thing you will have to do is adjust your sound system’s treble, bass, subwoofer and center settings all the way to the max. Don’t worry about the sound quality.

Secondly, select a CD or station with plenty of bass…may I recommend XM station 81. If this is not your cup of tea, you can use any style of music, as long as it has somewhat decent bass.

Turn the ignition and apply gas. Crank your awesome ELS stereo to the max. Now drive. Notice something, yep…you can’t notice any of the vibrations related to tires and/or engine. Now all you feel is an orgy of vibrations…is it coming from the tires? Engine? Music/bass? Who cares! They seem to all blend together very nicely. Just convince yourself that it is all coming from your speakers. Boy, the vibrations coming from the floor board, your seats, and armrest seem to resonate from the bass/music. I’ve convinced myself there are no vibration problems, it’s coming from the music. Oh joy! I can finally start enjoying my ride again…happy days. Finally the car feels normal.

But there is a flaw in this solution. I still can’t convince myself that the steering wheel vibrations are normal. The bass in the ELS is just not powerful enough. But, I’ve come up with that solution as well. Tomorrow I am purchasing amps and a trunk subwoofer. The amps of course will have to be at least 1000 watts of power, minimum. I imagine this should be enough juice to vibrate my entire car. This should drown out any feel of vibrations coming from the steering wheel. I’ll update everyone tomorrow…hope this works!

Man…I realized…me and Acura are finally seeing eye to eye. How misled was I? Acura actually had the solution all along. I just wasn’t listening. Answer…Denial…BABY. Deny that you have any problems…and guess what…problem gone. Guess the frustration was clouding my perception.

I feel mighty stupid ever doubting Acura’s wisdom. Let me formally apologize to Acura for all the complaining and problems I’ve caused in the past over this silly vibration issue. Finally, please guys, no more post about vibrations. Thanx. Let me stop wasting anymore time and get back to enjoying my ride. AWESOME!

On a side note…everyone is starting to complain that I constantly yell now, even when I’m whispering…weird.

BTW
I apologize to everyone who r actually experiencing vibrations for the misleading title and wasting 5 minutes of your liffe that u will never get back...

to everyone else :thefinger ..........jk
Old 01-07-2004, 08:58 PM
G35 Freak

LoL....that was wrong!
Old 01-07-2004, 10:27 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
very nice.... lol
Old 01-08-2004, 03:25 PM
Advanced

You must hurry down to your nearest Hi-fi store and replace that sucker with a brand new RCA Victor system that is guaranteed not to have flat spots or vibrations of any kind. OR you can wait for the manufacturer to reengineer your current sound system which only applied to the first 15,000 or so VIN numbers. And be sure to let corporate and your regional service rep know about the problem, too.