Finally installing the ISDH651! Couple of questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2016 | 02:43 PM
Intermediate

Finally installing the ISDH651! Couple of questions

After ripping my car apart and a few stress years off my life and much swearing, I finally got my ISDH651 to connect properly and communicate with the car. Now I just need to tuck everything into its proper place and button the car back together.

Question 1: Has anyone found a good place for the mic other than clipping it to the sun visor? IMO that looks tacky- plus, I use my visor...

Question 2: I find that to change the source from AUX to BT or USB I have to cycle the DISP button to show the current unput and then use the tune knob to change it. But sometimes that doesn't work and I have to power off and back on the stereo and then I can select an input with the tune knob. Anyone else experience this? I would assume ideally it would cycle the input by turning the knob at any point.

Question 3: If I leave the mode on XM when I turn it off the radio(as apposed to cd/tape or fm/am) when I power on it takes a few seconds to show up on the display, whereas if I power down with CD or FM radio selected, when I power up it pops up on the display right away, as it has always done. Is this typical?

Oh and I know everyone loves pics so...

note: I know its not necessary to remove the glove box to access the harness behind the head unit. I'm using this as an excuse to pull everything out and do some deep cleaning.
Old 01-12-2016 | 03:35 PM
Race Director

Clip the mic on the lower dash (the panel that has the VSA, mirror, trunk button) right by your right knee.
The following users liked this post:
Robospinner (01-12-2016)
Old 01-12-2016 | 05:06 PM
Advanced

I clipped the Mic exactly where he said and it works fine. For toggling through modes, I switch to Am/Fm and then hit XM and immediately turn tuner knob....

I installed my unit a few months ago and it's been flawless and I am very happy with it. I love streaming Pandora and I have an old school first gen 80g IPod full of music that I keep in my center console...

Finally installing the ISDH651! Couple of questions-image.png
The following users liked this post:
Robospinner (01-12-2016)