Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few words of thanks...

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 07:05 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up A few words of thanks...

Just moved back to Texas after four (car-less) years in NY. To summarize my initial impressions of my new TL ('05 SSM 6MT w/Nav), it is a wonderful reintroduction to driving.

But first a step back. I found this forum through a simple Internet search, and it proved invaluable in my decision to buy the TL and in reducing headaches for the actual purchase. I bought the car in Manhattan before leaving, largely due to the information gathered here on the price differential between there and Houston (my company offered to ship it as part of my relo package). I was able to walk in with a firm price, spending only a few minutes with the dealer outside of test driving the car.

The forum also has helped in getting past a few of the idiosyncrasies of the car, like the fact that the navigation will not switch to night mode on the auto setting if the interior light setting is on 'max' - go figure. I found several threads on that issue after stumping the Acura dealer.

So many thanks for your contributions. I look forward to learning more here and sharing further impressions down the line. For now, a couple of questions:

1. Every once in a while I have trouble getting the car into first or second gear, even with the clutch pushed to the floor. I can't find a pattern to this. Any thoughts?

2. Anyone know of a good installation center in Houston for the 3M Clear Bra?

Thanks again!
Old 03-07-2005, 07:21 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry - I can't help you with your questions - but congrats on the new car. You will love it. Post pics when you get a chance and make sure you sign in (sticky thread)
Old 03-07-2005, 09:10 PM
Licking Platters Clean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TL_in_TX
1. Every once in a while I have trouble getting the car into first or second gear, even with the clutch pushed to the floor. I can't find a pattern to this. Any thoughts?
Is this when the car is cold? Happens all the time to me, but I've heard it gets better as it breaks in. It stops for me when it's warmed up. Another thing to do is replace the transmission fluid with GM Friction Modified. I know it sounds weird to go down to Bubba's Pontiac and grab some tranny fluid, but from what I've read, it's good stuff. If you've read much around the forum, you may have come across some of Road Rage's writings. He recommends this tranny fluid and he really knows his shit.

Good luck and enjoy the 6spd, it's a gem!