Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few questions if you have a second...

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 10:14 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few questions if you have a second...

I am in the market for either leasing a new 07 TL or purchasing a gently used 05-06 TL....

1) What are the advantages towards leasing or buying used???

2) With the TL Navi, is it possible to modify it to play DVD's? If so, how much does this cost?

3) Would you say the new BMW 3 Series or the Acura TL has more "curb appeal" (to women obviously)?

4) Most importantly, when is the new Acura TL body style coming out (month/year)?

I've never been one who wanted to have last years model when I will be forking out a lot of money for this car.

Thank you in advance!
Old 04-26-2007, 10:55 AM
Registered P.I.M.P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FSU-Acura
1) What are the advantages towards leasing or buying used???

2) With the TL Navi, is it possible to modify it to play DVD's? If so, how much does this cost?

3) Would you say the new BMW 3 Series or the Acura TL has more "curb appeal" (to women obviously)?

4) Most importantly, when is the new Acura TL body style coming out (month/year)?
1. There are other threads on this just do a search. My personal feeling is that its different from person to person. Just see what each offers and how it suits you and your lifestyle. For example if you want a new car every few years then lease. If you do a lot of kms on the car then buy. Etc.. etc...

2. Its possible. May cost you 2-300$ to do.. there are threads dedicated to this as well. Depends on how comfortable you are with doing the mods yourself. You would need to also install another dvd unit in your car and an adapter for it.

3. BMW probably has more "curb appeal" just because it is a "BMW". However you can get the low end of the BMW or the top end of the Acura with all the bells and whistles. This was my deciding factor when I started looking. You can probably also factor in the Lexus IS 250 but that has less HP as well. Acura is more fun probably to drive.

4. I thought it was fall of this year, but I think its fall of next year the new style will be coming out. I could be wrong but I thought I saw it mentioned in another thread as well.

Hope this helps out a bit.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:01 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1. There are advantages and disadvantages to leasing and buying. I bought because I didn't want to have to deal with surprise end-lease surcharges, mile overages, and I want to mod it as I please. YMMV

2. Yes, lots of people have done it, do a search.

3. I'll probably get flamed for this, but IN GENERAL, women don't know shit about cars (Clearly there plenty of women who know plenty about cars... I'm just saying that this is in my experience...) I'll be with a girl and she'll see some piece of shit early 90s BMW 325i go by and be all impressed "oooh, look, a BMW, isn't that so nice?", and on the same drive we'll pass a late model RL or an M45 or even a GS and she won't even notice. I'll point it out and she'll be like "oh, is that a nice car? i've never heard of it" I would say that if you're REALLY interested in picking up chicks with your whip, you should get a motorcycle. Otherwise, get the car that YOU want to drive; get the car YOU like and don't worry about what anyone else thinks.

4. The new body style will be the 2009 MY which should be available in late 2008. As always, the first year of any new full redesign will always have a lot more problems than the second or third year of a new redesign. I'd wait for the 2010 MY for them to work the first year bugs and kinks out, unless you LIKE spending $35k+ to be Acura's guinea pig.