Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 04:40 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question A few questions

I was wondering a few things. Hope you guys can help me out.

1. Mud Guards and UnderBody kit.
Does the UnderBody kit protect like the mud guards do? Do they keep the sides of the car cleaner?

2. 18" OEM Rims. When asking for the rims during negotiations, do you get the original rims along with the new rims? Or do they charge only for the difference in price for the Stock Rims and 18" larger rims? Or do they charge you the extra $1000 and don't even give you the original rims to keep?

Thanks!!!
Old 03-13-2004, 04:53 PM
Racer

The underbody kit is a dealer accessory that attaches to the front and rear bumpers. They hawk it as an aerodynamic enhancement, but it is mostly, if not entirely, cosmetic, much like a wing spoiler. Some owners love the look, others don't.
Old 03-13-2004, 04:54 PM
Intermediate

I'm picking my car up at the end of this week with the A-Spec package installed.

The dealer sent me an email yesterday advising that I should bring something large enough to carry my spare parts home. He specifically mentioned that I would not want to put my old tires and rims in the backseat of my new car.

Evidently I'm getting the 17" OEM wheels and tires that originally came with with my car. Now I need to figure out what to do with them!
Old 03-13-2004, 07:21 PM
Pro

Thanks for the replies guys.

But the question on the Body kit still remains. Does it protect like the mud guards protect. Will the sides of the car be cleaner after a drive in the rain than if I didn't have the body kit.

Also, if they give me the original rims to me, will they also have tires on them? Is it only if you get the A-spec package that you will get the original rims back also?
Old 03-13-2004, 07:23 PM
Anthracite Trend Setter

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by alages

Evidently I'm getting the 17" OEM wheels and tires that originally came with with my car. Now I need to figure out what to do with them!
Sell them on ebay and recoup some of your cost
Old 03-14-2004, 01:30 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by HuKaShI
Thanks for the replies guys.

But the question on the Body kit still remains. Does it protect like the mud guards protect. Will the sides of the car be cleaner after a drive in the rain than if I didn't have the body kit.

Also, if they give me the original rims to me, will they also have tires on them? Is it only if you get the A-spec package that you will get the original rims back also?
Mine came with body kit installed. By looking at the side skirts, they should protect marginally better than those without mud guards or body kits; but frankly, I really didn't see any noticeable difference. As for mud guards, I have them on 03 TL-s & 00 Maxima; only helps if you drive in real mud, then the mudguard get really dirty (inside wheel well). Otherwise, not much difference.

As for the parts, you should get back the original side panels (I didn't, as mine was a demo & dealer 1st claimed the entire kit was installed OVER existing body parts, I was able to obtain instructions & discovered that only partially true: the front & rear parts are installed over the bumpers but the side panels must be removed before the side skirts can be installed. Dealer then claimed they were discarded). I've seen OEM 17" wheels/tires, springs/shocks, steering wheel for auction in eBay, apparently from those who upgraded to A-spec. All were sold.
Old 03-14-2004, 01:57 PM
Pro

Do you guys think that for the rims I can ask to be charged only for the difference and let them keep the original rims so that they can resell it?