Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Few 04 TL Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 04:27 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Few 04 TL Questions

I've been browsing around for a new car, and I really like the new 04 TL, Interior looks great and its good lookin with good power. My questions are On the OEM Navi Screen is it possible to Add a DVD player to play on the Navi Monitor? And Also Will 20" Wheels fit? Ive had 19's on my last vehice and i wanted to step it up so if I got a TL id like to put 20's. Thanks
Old 01-30-2004, 04:34 PM
Banned

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

While not directly answering your questions as I know others here will be glad to do that love to mods their cars, I will say that all the reports you have been hearing about the TL being great are true.

I hope you become a fellow TL owner and enjoy the car like we do.
Old 01-30-2004, 04:34 PM
What's a TL?

Re: Few 04 TL Questions

Originally posted by Whoa91
I've been browsing around for a new car, and I really like the new 04 TL, Interior looks great and its good lookin with good power. My questions are On the OEM Navi Screen is it possible to Add a DVD player to play on the Navi Monitor? And Also Will 20" Wheels fit? Ive had 19's on my last vehice and i wanted to step it up so if I got a TL id like to put 20's. Thanks
I'm non-navi, so no help there...I went wheel shopping and discovered that 20s will fit without having to roll the fenders or anything like that...the only thing is that you are going to need tires with extremely small sidewalls. I'm planning on 19s....the car has a pretty low stance stock, so anything more than 19s seems a bit extreme to me
Old 01-30-2004, 04:49 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
There is some aftermarket adapter which you can hook up to your Nav screen to display video DVDs. If you search you might get it.
Old 01-30-2004, 05:11 PM
Black

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Regarding aftermarket DVD player --

http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...ht=dvd+changer
Old 01-30-2004, 06:16 PM
Racer

If you plan to turn your Nav unit into a TV or a DVD video player, I sincerely hope that you don't get the TL. I'm sick and tired of people with cell phone stuck to their ear and not concentrating on the road so I don't need some idiot to be glaring at their front seat navi while cruising in front of me. I know I sound harsh, but I hope you'll have some senses to not turn your car into a video arcade. Driving is dangerous enough and need all of your senses to be safe for you and for OTHERS.
Old 01-30-2004, 06:20 PM
What's a TL?

Originally posted by casooner90
If you plan to turn your Nav unit into a TV or a DVD video player, I sincerely hope that you don't get the TL. I'm sick and tired of people with cell phone stuck to their ear and not concentrating on the road so I don't need some idiot to be glaring at their front seat navi while cruising in front of me. I know I sound harsh, but I hope you'll have some senses to not turn your car into a video arcade. Driving is dangerous enough and need all of your senses to be safe for you and for OTHERS.
Why are you advising this guy not to get the TL if he plans to use the screen to play movies?? Like he couldn't or wouldn't do it in some other car???
Old 01-30-2004, 06:42 PM
2nd Gear

Originally posted by casooner90
lol good one, well anyways i dont play movies, i use it for Music Videos only which i dont really watch ( though i can listen to), its just adds a nice compliment to the interior and passengers seem to really enjoy it. and this is my 1st post and already im gettin harsh repliessss.