3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fastline Performance Strut Brace by Cusco

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 08:11 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
if you have dampers that can be adjusted yes because you won't have to remove the stock bar to adjust the stiffness
Old 10-16-2008, 08:20 PM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,983 Likes on 1,336 Posts
Here is a statement that Marcus just made at the top of this thread...

And that is where things ended last Sept. Interest from the boards tapered off over the winter 07/08 and we let go of the project.

This statement was made on 11/19/07 by Marcus..

You are entirely too concerned about what other people are going to think here. Overally the internet is a populous of over-thinkers and under-doers. Your thinking is sound to me. Actually, in a way you are giving the strut bar a little more importance than it needs. It is for chassis rigidity and has an indirect impact on handling. It is not going to make the car unstable or anything to remove it. It won't impact the ride to remove it either.

I am going to follow up on my bar again tomorrow. I have not heard anything recently. The one we are making is a significant improvement on the stock piece, and will accommodate all of the stock engine covers as well. We are trying to incorporate a master cylinder stopper as well to enhance the brake feel.

Marcus
Once again on 11/19/07...

I recently finished up my Medieval Pro / Tein damper kit private label for 84-87 CRXs, so now I am moving on to this project.

Oh, and the company I am working with on this bar will be able to make us a really nice one. I promise none will be disappointed when (or if) we get finished with it.

Post by Marcus on 12/09/07...

I dropped off a sample bar to the manufacturer for prototyping. Since the manufacturer is overseas it will be a week or two before I can have any news, but don't come on anything significant happening for about 3-4 weeks.

Marcus

Moving right along into the HEART of winter on JANUARY 9, 2008...

I am supposed to hear something by the end of the month, maybe around the 22nd. This should be pricing information.

Don't wait too long. Tein is raising suspension prices $30-$40 on Feb 1st! You can always get the sus now and the edfc later.

Marcus

This statement was made by Marcus on January 22, 2008...

Ok....I was hoping to get pricing today but instead got news that a sample is being produced for us to test fit and once the design is good we will get pricing. So we need 2-4 more weeks for that to be done and shipped from Japan.

Marcus
Statement by Marcus on MARCH 27, 2008...

Oh, and I am working on getting an update on this project now
^OH Really?! Wow, Thanks for lying big guy!! Spring forward why don't ya?

A little fighting words...

Originally Posted by MrHeeltoe
Yes cheesy. A creative band-aid. A reasonable solution for 75% of pure function, but not a real solution and certainly not as good as can be had with a newly designed specific product.

It has been established that you and others feel differently, but those of us who are a little more discerning wish for a better solution.

Marcus
I even offered a challenge for Marcus...Posted by ACCURATEin on the 29th of March...

Well lets get this super bandaid on the market then Marcus! DO WORK! Jesus, it's been nearly a year since the demand thread and this magical bar is no where in sight. If you can get this bar out before the release of the all new 2009 Acura TL, i'll buy one from you. How does that sound? Yeah that's right...you heard me. Now go do work.
Posted by Marcus on the 31st of March...

Just got off the phone...

My guy in the US tells me we should have some news this week. **cross fingers**

Marcus

So what we have here is some real bullshit on our hands. And it absolutely sucks. And I was honestly going to purchase his product had he gotten it released by September 2008 when the 2009 TL was launched.

This entire dilemna can be found in this thread...

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...edfc+bar+strut

I'm just looking out for everyone. Pay attention to my username in all caps...ACCURATE. Accurate statements. Everytime, and all day long.

HAPPY MOTORING! AND HAPPY VTECing!
Old 10-16-2008, 08:40 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ouch. I still like Heel Toe....
Old 10-16-2008, 08:40 PM
Bone stock tl-s

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by OStateBeaver
Got ya! Thanks! So is it worth it to get a strut bar if you dont have EDFC?
sure why not? it'll be many times stronger than the thin hollow oem stock bar.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:52 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jptl04
sure why not? it'll be many times stronger than the thin hollow oem stock bar.
Ok cool, I was just confused. So which is more important the front or rear strut bar? If you do the front should you put one on the back as well?
Old 10-16-2008, 09:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Its a freakin' bar...you guys act like there are thousands of intricate moving mechanical parts inside or something. As long as it doesn't snap under pressure then we should be good to go. Whoever pays more than $150 for something like this is retarted in my book....$900? I guess you can make money off anyone stupid enough to pay
Old 10-16-2008, 10:31 PM
zaino'd

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^ Haha its CF though!
Old 10-16-2008, 10:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,600 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Originally Posted by OStateBeaver
Got ya! Thanks! So is it worth it to get a strut bar if you dont have EDFC?
No, its just cosmetic if you don't have the EDFC since the stock strut bar is obviously strong enough to do its job.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:40 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by mrheeltoe
it is if you have tein ss and want to use the edfc. You normally need to remove the stock brace to install the edfc. With this brace you can use the edfc and keep the stock brace in place.

Honestly friend.....
www.google.com
search...

A strut brace helps tighten up the chassis. The chassis can flex while cornering and that will give the steering and handling a numb feeling that will take away from your ability to drive accurately and confidently. The car has a strut brace from the factory but it is relatively weak and must be removed to run the edfc. This brace will be able to go on in the stock bar's place and provide more strength and the master cylinder bracing.

Strut brace
strut bar
chassis brace
shock tower brace
shock tower bar
performance rod
chassis reinforcement

all ways to say the same thing.
tein ss?? Edfc??
Old 10-17-2008, 12:44 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
No, its just cosmetic if you don't have the EDFC since the stock strut bar is obviously strong enough to do its job.
the stock bar is NOT strong enough

I bent one on my knee... dont ask (i was showing off)

I won't populate this thread so all I will say is this has taken way too long so
Old 10-17-2008, 01:02 AM
tehLEGOman

Originally Posted by bobs4state
tein ss?? Edfc??
Wolfpack? RTP? Cary Town Centre? Leith Acura? ? ?? ? Google? Google image? Questions?
Old 10-17-2008, 01:12 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,600 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Originally Posted by stillhere153
the stock bar is NOT strong enough

I bent one on my knee... dont ask (i was showing off)
Which proves nothing.

Hey I break stacks of concrete paving blocks when I am showing off, but that does not mean that they are not strong enough to do their job as paving blocks

Question is, who has bent a stock bar installed in the car due to something the car has done in use on the road?

Its no different then the guys who have the heavy duty Competc rear sway bar in their cars for a year or two & are now ripping the stock mounting points out of the car because the over heavy bar has fatigued the stock sheet metal mounts.

You have no clue as to what kind of stress one of these bars is passing along into the cars stock structure or when the stock structure might fail.

If somebody has a track car fine; other then that it might impress the boys at the next TL meet in some parking lot, but guys running a lot this stuff on the street are just kidding themselves.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:21 AM
tehLEGOman

Just for shits and giggles, anyone wanna take a stab at which strut bar is connecting the two shock towers under the hood of this TL?

Old 10-17-2008, 04:24 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
Originally Posted by ACCURATEin

I'm just looking out for everyone. Pay attention to my username in all caps...ACCURATE. Accurate statements. Everytime, and all day long.

HAPPY MOTORING! AND HAPPY VTECing!
Clearly there is a LOT LESS going on in NC...

When I say I dropped the project I meant I dropped the priority on it. This is evidenced by the no posts or updates from Jan to Mar. Just because I might have called them one day in March, and they told me they'd have an update soon, and I reported "I hope I have an update soon, that's what they told me" (pardon the paraphrasing) does not mean I put a ton of effort in. It means I had not forgotten about it. But I had not had enough importance put on it to follow up the next week. 5-6 people posting in one thread over and over does not constitute demand, and demand is what gets a supply going. In case you did not notice, we've been working on a lot of other web related stuff this year, mostly TSX focused. Now we are shifting to the TL more.

I cranked up the heat on this after JT posted his brace and the reactions came out to it. Indeed it was that post that got CUSCO ramped up more to be on the ball about it. The fact that RV6 was working on one was known to me for a quite some time (cuz...he's going a lot faster than me, right?). The fact that he posted a interest thread DID prompt me to release the news as I had a project going, you get a gold star for recognizing the obvious. I don't see this as direct competition though, since our brace is going to end up a tier or two higher on the features and cost. I wanted to make sure that the users here knew that there is an alternative product in the pipeline.

I had originally intended to post nothing until I had an actual product in hand to avoid costing you all that time in searching and typing quote tags. Of course, you could have been less of a pita and saved yourself the time anyway...but hey, it's you computer.

Even now I am at risk of looking dumb if this whole thing sinks on me. But I thought it would be best to let you all know where I had gotten with my project. I am really excited to see our prototype. Hopefully sooner than later!

Marcus

Last edited by MrHeeltoe; 10-17-2008 at 04:28 AM.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:16 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Hey marcus I know you are a great guy, so all I will say is, sigh lol

I waited a real long time for this bar, hell I haven't made my decision as to what suspension to run because of it

Once I got a chance to see what r-v6 is cable of I knew he'd take on the project, and as he has with all his other endevours (he's delivered)... On a side note, it's a shame the mods might not even give him a chance to be a vendor on here
Old 10-17-2008, 11:51 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 491 Likes on 233 Posts
Cmon guys lets keep things on topic here. We are both working on products for the TL all this bickering just slows us down and discourages us. The TL market is huge and there will be room for us to coexist. Gook luck with your project Marcus I can't wait to see it.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:01 PM
Instructor

Marcus,

Count me in for a CF one.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:21 PM
tehLEGOman

Originally Posted by Richie v6
Cmon guys lets keep things on topic here. We are both working on products for the TL all this bickering just slows us down and discourages us. The TL market is huge and there will be room for us to coexist. Gook luck with your project Marcus I can't wait to see it.
Everything is directly on topic here. If you read through the thread, you'll see that i'm the one that is running the bickering. And I have all the reason to be bickering because throughout the course of this entire year I relentlessly checked the original strut bar thread in hopes that Marcus had a product under development. But it turned out that he had actually LET GO OF THE PROJECT..verbatim.

So why should I, or anyone in here, believe he will follow through with this "Fastline" product?

Now this "bickering" from me shouldn't discourage you or Marcus. If anything, it should motivate you guys to get these projects done, and prove me wrong. I'll definitely be proud.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Richie v6
Same to you...although I think I need more luck than you do lol. I think there is enough pie here to go around.

Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
So why should I, or anyone in here, believe he will follow through with this "Fastline" product?
Its the same product and the same project. It was always going to be a Fastline part. And you can believe that I will keep plugging away here until I either get the parts or people stop being interested again. (granted it is hard to maintain interest in something that never existed)

Marcus
Old 10-24-2008, 07:02 PM
steeez

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
any update on the cusco bar?
Old 10-24-2008, 07:28 PM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
shit load of talking...not product...close the thread...
Old 10-24-2008, 11:03 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ill take one of those carbon fiber ones when its ready, that shit is hot! Let me know !
Old 10-25-2008, 09:59 AM
13.2@ 107 on Street tires

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i would definatly be interested
Old 11-16-2008, 05:52 PM
Cruisin'

i have tein ss on an 08 bdp, ive wanted the edfc's so bad but the damn strut bar please pm me heeltoe when u guys figure this out im highly interested in picking one of em up.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Apparently guys, the best laid plans of heels and toes often go awry. I have sent numerous emails with nary a response. My fear is that Cusco has lost interest in the project. Then again we know that SEMA events tend to slow business down, and the Japanese take more holidays than Dub-yuh, so it could just bee foot dragging. I will need to confirm this though. Stay tuned.

Originally Posted by TL1999
shit load of talking...not product...close the thread...
poster makes crappy comments...not value added...ban on grounds of bandwidth waste...

I can't snap my fingers and make this thing appear. Is this the sort of attitude we like around here?
Old 12-04-2008, 12:48 AM
Former Sponsor

Sorry for all the hype guys. Looks like I am getting snowballed. I will have to get back to you if anything ever develops here.