Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Fairytale has ended

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2004, 07:32 PM
Team Camel Chief Justice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy The Fairytale has ended

I haven't had many of the problems everyone has had--but then today it's like I got all of them at once! Today alone I noticed Flatspotting (badly), Memory settings that wouldn't remember themselves, and some rattling coming from somewhere in the back seat (rear left).

I have had the hesistation during starting that a few people have had, and I hope thats not hurting my engine. I took it to the dealer, and of course they could do nothing about it. I told the dealer that my tires are absolutely awful, and of course they could do nothing about it as well.

Other than that (and today), the car has been an absolute joy to drive. Just bought the car March 18th, have 3000 miles on it already. I love (i think) my TL!
Old 05-14-2004, 07:36 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by Karizma

I haven't had many of the problems everyone has had--but then today it's like I got all of them at once! Today alone I noticed Flatspotting (badly), Memory settings that wouldn't remember themselves, and some rattling coming from somewhere in the back seat (rear left).

I have had the hesistation during starting that a few people have had, and I hope thats not hurting my engine. I took it to the dealer, and of course they could do nothing about it. I told the dealer that my tires are absolutely awful, and of course they could do nothing about it as well.

Other than that (and today), the car has been an absolute joy to drive. Just bought the car March 18th, have 3000 miles on it already. I love (i think) my TL!
You're TL has been carnapped! I'm pretty sure I know who did it.....

Norse, give the kid his TL back. You should have just tried to enact the Lemon Law with your dealer. This is a dirty trick.

BJ
Old 05-14-2004, 08:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Karizma - You bought your car 5 days after I got mine. Unless yours is an "older" VIN that was sitting on a dealer's lot for a few weeks, it should definitely NOT have the memory problem.

Why would you just now get flatspotting, when the weather in the NE has been warm? My understanding is that flatspotting is a cold weather phenomenon. Are you sure you live in Holland, PA, or is it just Holland?

The hesitation is no big deal, unless you're experiencing it often. I've had it happen once so far in two months, some people have it once a week or so. Really not an issue.

As for the rattle in the back seat, I recommend you have sex back there to break in the seats a little. Does it work? Absolutely. Oh, it won't get rid of the rattle, but you'll feel better.
Old 05-14-2004, 10:40 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TLGator
Karizma - You bought your car 5 days after I got mine. Unless yours is an "older" VIN that was sitting on a dealer's lot for a few weeks, it should definitely NOT have the memory problem.

Why would you just now get flatspotting, when the weather in the NE has been warm? My understanding is that flatspotting is a cold weather phenomenon. Are you sure you live in Holland, PA, or is it just Holland?

The hesitation is no big deal, unless you're experiencing it often. I've had it happen once so far in two months, some people have it once a week or so. Really not an issue.

As for the rattle in the back seat, I recommend you have sex back there to break in the seats a little. Does it work? Absolutely. Oh, it won't get rid of the rattle, but you'll feel better.
Just so you know Gator, my TL/EL42's flatspot even when in the 90's (TX). I have had one other set of BS tires on a 99 Civic Si and they also flatspotted throughout the TX summer, temps over 100.... Temperature only effects the length and severity of vibration, it does not prevent it....
Old 05-14-2004, 10:55 PM
You touch my tra la la...

Rattling in the back door might be something rolling around, like a screw, in the back pocket. First time I checked the pocket there was nothing there, second time there was a screw (first and second time I heard the noise). It sounds stupid and simple but it is worth a look.