Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F*ckin Yay!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 12:18 AM
TL-SHAWD 6MT Rocks!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by adam209
i'm not looking to get money from her. i know she did wrong and i should ream her for money, but that's not what i feel like doing. i'm just happy that i came out alive.
I understand, you better do what your mind tells you.

The problem is that she will do it again and the next time it may be a little kid. I've seen it too many times, and I feel really bad everytime I see a little children being killed (with blood coming our of their mouths) because a person on their cell phone (or drunk) didn't pay attention... what do we do ?

sorry I had to be graphical, but one of those kids died in my arms while taking her into the hospital, I felt really helpless and very sad for her (she was 3 yr old) - what a waste. the lady driver is still free, and continues to talk on her cell phone driving her huge Expedition.

- Hope you get at least full compensation the accident she caused.
- A fixed car with the damage yours have leaves a car that's never the same (physically and emotionally for you).
so it's better to have it totalled. best of lucks.
Old 02-29-2004, 12:27 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok. change of plans. just did a kbb search. turns out, private party, i can get 39,090 for the bimmer. so that actually turns out to be about an even exchange. thing is, how would i find out how much it would be for a dealer trade in? anyone know how to find the dealer price?
Old 02-29-2004, 01:12 AM
TL-SHAWD 6MT Rocks!

every dealer will give you a different trade in price. In most cases I have gotten a price between the dealer purchase price and the seller's price in kbb. (maybe BMW will give you the most - but you would have to buy another bimmer)
Old 03-01-2004, 05:09 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
just to update, called body shop and they informed me that the damage is almost $26,500, so i guess the insurance will just total the car. i'm happy that i don't have to get a repaired car back but am sad to see it go. so now the question is what to do for a car. not too sure what i want to do seeing as how i already have a vehicle. should i keep the money that i'll get for the TL and save it? should i buy another TL and sell my other car? i'm gonna be 20 in april and am transfering to sacramento to go to school up there. i know i'll need extra money when i get to college(i.e. clothes, spending money, vacations). my parents are paying for school, my apartment, and my insurance. all i'd have to do would be to get a job for leisure money. any suggestions?
A 19 year-old with an 04 TL, thats just wrong. You start out with a POS for your age. What will you do for a encore, a Lexus SC430.

BTW, how long did you have this car?
Old 03-01-2004, 05:55 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by BLEXV6
A 19 year-old with an 04 TL, thats just wrong. You start out with a POS for your age. What will you do for a encore, a Lexus SC430.

no offence but i strongly disagree with you

If you can afford the car I dun see anything wrong
Old 03-01-2004, 06:20 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by AccordTypeR
no offence but i strongly disagree with you

If you can afford the car I dun see anything wrong
But how, I am 41 years of age and have an excellent paying job and although I could afford an 04 TL, it would be financially difficult.

When my son reaches 19, there is no way I would buy him a TL let alone a car. How can a 19 year old afford a TL unless the family pays for it. It's all about working for what you get and how could a 19 year-old have a job to afford this vehicle.

Now I know a lot of users of this board are really young and have these cars, but what expectations will you have later in your life if you have everything now and who will pay for it then, unless Mommy and Daddy give you cash for life.

PS, yes I am jeleous and would have died for a new Z28 when I was 19. (no Acura back then).
Old 03-01-2004, 06:34 PM
Intermediate

But how, I am 41 years of age and have an excellent paying job and although I could afford an 04 TL, it would be financially difficult.

When my son reaches 19, there is no way I would buy him a TL let alone a car. How can a 19 year old afford a TL unless the family pays for it. It's all about working for what you get and how could a 19 year-old have a job to afford this vehicle.

Now I know a lot of users of this board are really young and have these cars, but what expectations will you have later in your life if you have everything now and who will pay for it then, unless Mommy and Daddy give you cash for life.

PS, yes I am jeleous and would have died for a new Z28 when I was 19. (no Acura back then).
I made $2500~$3000 per month when i was 19 years old

I'm 21 now and making less than that b/c I have some skoo things to worry about so I work less days than when i was 19

but I'll be own TL soon
Old 03-01-2004, 07:22 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by AccordTypeR
I made $2500~$3000 per month when i was 19 years old

I'm 21 now and making less than that b/c I have some skoo things to worry about so I work less days than when i was 19

but I'll be own TL soon
Sorry. as an old guy and one who did not get his first used car until he was 22, I go off on you young guys. I also forget that many of you still live at home, (smart move), and do not have those expenses. Good luck with the new TL.
Old 03-01-2004, 07:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

i know i know. i'm young to have 2 cars. starting out with a pos car is how alot of people start out because they can't afford much more. i realize that this helps you appreciate things more and all that crap. i'm sorry that i was spoiled. BTW, as far as an upgrade, i had been thinking about a MB e55
Old 03-02-2004, 01:27 AM
TL-SHAWD 6MT Rocks!

i'm sorry that i was spoiled. BTW, as far as an upgrade, i had been thinking about a MB e55
nothing to be sorry for...
and MB E55/CL55 is the way to go when you got the money.

My cousin inherited a high 8 figure amount (US$) when my uncle died (tax free - because he's overseas), and he tried all MB he could, then he got bored and now he's into Jags and Ferraris...

I have to work for a living, but I can understand how some people don't. It's nice - sometimes, as they get problems we don't get too... it kind of evens out in the end.

enjoy every day!
Old 03-02-2004, 06:42 PM
Drifting

i know i know. i'm young to have 2 cars. starting out with a pos car is how alot of people start out because they can't afford much more. i realize that this helps you appreciate things more and all that crap. i'm sorry that i was spoiled. BTW, as far as an upgrade, i had been thinking about a MB e55
You prick, I love the E55. I sat in one at the Auto show and it is a thing of beauty. Pricey though, oops I forgot a man with means. Screw the TL, buy the E55 instead.
Old 03-02-2004, 06:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

You prick, I love the E55. I sat in one at the Auto show and it is a thing of beauty. Pricey though, oops I forgot a man with means. Screw the TL, buy the E55 instead.
i would have, but chiawie(sp?), a guy on this forum, said that the he has one and had had alot of problems with it.
Old 03-03-2004, 04:00 PM
Drifting

i would have, but chiawie(sp?), a guy on this forum, said that the he has one and had had alot of problems with it.
Hey, if you can afford to own one, you can afford to repair it. My boss has an E-320 and thats quite nice as well, and I do not think they have had any problems.