Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F*ckin Yay!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 07:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F*ckin Yay!!!!!!!

i am so pissed off right now!!!:banghead: :banghead: i hate stupid ass women drivers!!!!!!!:rocketwho :rocketwho some stupid b!tch just f*cked the hell out of my car with her pos american made truck! i was sitting at a f*cking stoplight, and this b!tch was on her f*cking cell phone and just decided to plow right into me. i hit the person in front of me, so both f*cking ends of my car are f*cked up. any suggestions about what to do? just try and get it totaled so i can get a replacement? good thing i got the f*cking a-spec cuz that should be able to let me get another TL, minus a-spec, without any out of pocket charges.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:28 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
oh ****........... sorry to hear that man.... that sucks.... **** TL... you should've been driving your BMW.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:29 PM
Lurker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You won't be able to total it. I think it's 80% of replacement cost in damage before they'll total it.

You'll just get it back in a month or two a little bent.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:30 PM
Instructor

It's so bad that it could be totaled? Are you alright? I'm sorry for your car, that sucks.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:34 PM
Burning Brakes

Cell phone use without hands free features should be illegal as in some states.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

yea, i'm fine. i'm a big guy and can take that kind of punishment. let's see she put her truck about 3/4ths the way into my trunk, the left rear wheel is pushed forward about 4-6 inches, the front is smashed from when i hit the car in front of me, and the left rear door looks like it got pushed into the b pillar. it's raining like a mofo outside and didn't feel like getting wet to take a look at the damage. the funny part, is her huge ass truck has just like broken lights, bent bumper, and a messed up grill. it looks like she has no f*cking damage!
Old 02-26-2004, 07:36 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by Skeedatl
You won't be able to total it. I think it's 80% of replacement cost in damage before they'll total it.

You'll just get it back in a month or two a little bent.
Definitely 80%. My ex is an insurance adjuster for progressive so I heard stories. Over, and over again. Sorry, flash back.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:36 PM
TLover

sorry for you
Old 02-26-2004, 07:39 PM
Team SSM

Take some pics when the weather clears up...
Old 02-26-2004, 07:39 PM
Banned

It drives me crazy seeing drivers with their phones glued to their ears.:banghead:
Old 02-26-2004, 07:42 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by adam209
yea, i'm fine. i'm a big guy and can take that kind of punishment. let's see she put her truck about 3/4ths the way into my trunk, the left rear wheel is pushed forward about 4-6 inches, the front is smashed from when i hit the car in front of me, and the left rear door looks like it got pushed into the b pillar. it's raining like a mofo outside and didn't feel like getting wet to take a look at the damage. the funny part, is her huge ass truck has just like broken lights, bent bumper, and a messed up grill. it looks like she has no f*cking damage!
Glad your ok. You may feel like crap tomorrow though.

One more thing. I once had a 2000 Jetta GLX that got hit bad at 2 months old. My ex was in the car in front of me and after a 2 minute look said " It's bad but they won't total it". It was true!!! I got the car back 93 days later ( I swear, I kept track) and it was trash. I traded it 2 weeks later. Moral of this story is, try to get it totaled!!!
Old 02-26-2004, 07:51 PM
Racer

Sorry to hear about your loss man, that sucks.. post some pics and we'll be able to tell if its totaled...

Old 02-26-2004, 07:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

well, we have hartford insurance and the last time i was in a wreck and both times my dad hs been hit, they totaled the cars. and the TL looked alot worse than 2 of the 3 wrecks, so i'm hoping they'll just total it.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:53 PM
Team SSM

Lightbulb

I just thought of something.... After you get the car repaired, take it and get the car appraised. Show the pics of your damage and then go to KBB and get high Blue Book on your car. Make her insurance company pay the difference... With all of the CarFax info available on the net, you'll take a huge loss when you sell it, so why not get the difference NOW!!!!!
Old 02-26-2004, 07:53 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Hope you acted like you were hurt with whiplash or something. Go see one of those ambulence chaser attorneys QUICKLY. They can recommend the 'right MD' so you can have medical expenses, pain & suffering, mental distress, etc.

SUE THE B|TCH WITHIN AN INCH OF HER LIFE!!!!

Remember, the right lawyer can make YOU the winner in the end.

:diablotin
Old 02-26-2004, 07:57 PM
Instructor

i had a friend got rear ended in her 2001 Jetta GL, didn't look to be that bad....they totalled it out. I helped her argue with the ins. co that the structural integrity was compromised, and that that was one of the main reasons she bought a Jetta....argue them on safety.

Best of luck
Old 02-26-2004, 07:57 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by copter
I just thought of something.... After you get the car repaired, take it and get the car appraised. Show the pics of your damage and then go to KBB and get high Blue Book on your car. Make her insurance company pay the difference... With all of the CarFax info available on the net, you'll take a huge loss when you sell it, so why not get the difference NOW!!!!!
I hate to keep bringing up my horrible past, but my ex once told me that what copter's suggesting works sometimes. I would try it.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:58 PM
Drifting

Were'nt you gonna buy a MB anyway and sell your TL. Now you might be that much closer.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:00 PM
Racer

Adam, Bad news. Sorry to hear that. Nothing worse than have a new car in accident AND being stuck with it afterwards. Hope they fix it like new.

Now, my pet peeve.
I have been noticing (sorry ladies) way too many women drivers with a cell phone glued to their ears. And I mean women, old or young, they all seem to be doing it. Guys seems to be okay - maybe because they don't tend to yak as much. But ladies, you got to stop this madness. Cell phone should be used sparingly and to get the most pertinent information across and not last more than few minutes. If longer, get off of the road, because your mind is engaged in conversation, not on driving as what you should be doing. Take this as a lesson and start considering your cell phone usage. I honestly feel (IMHO) that carrying on a cellphone conversation is as dangerous as being drunk while driving and should be treated as such.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:01 PM
Team SSM

Originally posted by rick955i
i had a friend got rear ended in her 2001 Jetta GL, didn't look to be that bad....they totalled it out. I helped her argue with the ins. co that the structural integrity was compromised, and that that was one of the main reasons she bought a Jetta....argue them on safety.

Best of luck

Hmmmmmm, good point.....

BENT FRAME?????
Old 02-26-2004, 08:01 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Originally posted by DMZ
Hope you acted like you were hurt with whiplash or something. Go see one of those ambulence chaser attorneys QUICKLY. They can recommend the 'right MD' so you can have medical expenses, pain & suffering, mental distress, etc.

Old 02-26-2004, 08:03 PM
Team Owner

Received 3,864 Likes on 2,031 Posts
Adam,

Glad you're OK. Even though it's a TL, it's just a car.

If you've got a good agent and insurance company, use your insurance company to your advantage if her company doesn't play real nice.

My wife got hit like that once (by a tow truck!), and when the guy's insurance company balked at things we wanted, like to pick our own body shop, ours just called them up and told them to buck up or they'd pay it and see them in court. Our company was even willing to waive the deductible for us.

And don't sign any releases of liability for injuries discovered later.

Mike
Old 02-26-2004, 08:04 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by adam209
DAMN!!! :wow:

Sorry to hear that happened, man.
Hope you're alright.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:06 PM
Instructor

Sux for you man, hope they declare it a total...u don't wanna f'd up car back.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:07 PM
Banned

When I see a moron with I cell phone stuck to their ear driving like idiots I wish I could stop them kick them in the ribs and shove the stupid contraption up their *ss! The worst offenders are young dumb *****es. What infuriates me most of all is that these mindless idiots just spend their time talking utter bullsh*t through the stupid little device all day long!
Old 02-26-2004, 08:09 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Originally posted by vtechbrain
When I see a moron with I cell phone stuck to their ear driving like idiots I wish I could stop them kick them in the ribs and shove the stupid contraption up their *ss! The worst offenders are young dumb *****es. What infuriates me most of all is that these mindless idiots just spend their time talking utter bullsh*t through the stupid little device all day long!

Old 02-26-2004, 08:15 PM
Advanced

Adam.....I was just in a wreck with my 2003 Honda Accord. Same exact thing happend to me. It did not get totaled, and they had it fixed. Her insurance company paid for everything, AND they also gave me 3500 on top of it for diminished value! If your car does not get totaled......fight for deminished value!! You should get atleast 5-7 grand for that.

Once I got my 3500, I took the fixed Honda (looked great!) and sold it for a good price......then I took the money and put in down on my new 2004 TL!! I LOVE the TL.

Bottom line.........fight for diminished value......you deserve it!!!!
Old 02-26-2004, 08:25 PM
Racer

Of course, the problem is that now you're paying sales tax twice for basically the same car. So, the diminished value has to cover the sales tax on your next purchase as well. Sounds like a fight worth the time.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:32 PM
Team SSM

Originally posted by BLACK VELVET
Adam.....I was just in a wreck with my 2003 Honda Accord. Same exact thing happend to me. It did not get totaled, and they had it fixed. Her insurance company paid for everything, AND they also gave me 3500 on top of it for diminished value! If your car does not get totaled......fight for deminished value!! You should get atleast 5-7 grand for that.

Once I got my 3500, I took the fixed Honda (looked great!) and sold it for a good price......then I took the money and put in down on my new 2004 TL!! I LOVE the TL.

Bottom line.........fight for diminished value......you deserve it!!!!
http://info.insure.com/auto/collisio...shedvalue.html
Old 02-26-2004, 08:52 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by casooner90

Now, my pet peeve.
I have been noticing (sorry ladies) way too many women drivers with a cell phone glued to their ears. And I mean women, old or young, they all seem to be doing it. Guys seems to be okay - maybe because they don't tend to yak as much. But ladies, you got to stop this madness. Cell phone should be used sparingly and to get the most pertinent information across and not last more than few minutes. If longer, get off of the road, because your mind is engaged in conversation, not on driving as what you should be doing. Take this as a lesson and start considering your cell phone usage. I honestly feel (IMHO) that carrying on a cellphone conversation is as dangerous as being drunk while driving and should be treated as such.
I agree with CASOONER on this. I see a good number of women that drive a little too aggressively (i.e. fast and weaving through traffic) with a cellphone attached to their head.

Personally, when I used to drive with a quick cellphone call, I would slow down and go to the far right lane. Now that the TL is equipped with bluetooth, it's never a problem anymore.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:25 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Whoa..sorry to hear adam.

Originally posted by Z Factor

It drives me crazy seeing drivers with their phones glued to their ears.:banghead:
Exactly...don't want to be a sexist or nothing but "most" women are easily distracted while driving. Hmmm, lets talk on the phone to get even more distracted...good idea.

Glad to hear your ok though...keep us updated.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:30 PM
Racer

Originally posted by DMZ

Is this how you want someone to treat you if you are in an accident that is your fault? Is this how you think this country should work? (I know that lots of people think that's a great way to run things, and that they think no one loses in these situations because "an insurance company" pays the bill.) I'm not saying that the lady that hit this TL shouldn't be held responsible. She should, and her new insurance rates should reflect it. And the TL owner should get his car fixed or replaced, including diminished value as applicable. But he shouldn't get any money for non-existent injuries.
Old 02-26-2004, 10:02 PM
Instructor

The TL uses a unibody construction and does not have a frame. Unibodies are harder to fix right after a major collision .
Hmmmmmm, good point.....

BENT FRAME?????
Old 02-26-2004, 10:12 PM
Advanced

Well, the newer and more expensive the car, the harder it is to get it totaled. The rear wheel is moved forward 6"? That sounds bad.

But you will need $28k of damage to get a total. Why isn't your car already at the body shop? A good body shop is key to getting a good insurance deal.
Old 02-26-2004, 10:29 PM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

Adam- Sorry to hear about your accident. I would like to see criminals like her punished by #1. Giving you her car on the spot. Let her walk home. The insurance company write you a check for the replacement cost of a NEW Car (with A-spec and ALL) since it wasn't very old, it CERTAINLY could not have had much depreciation. $'s for the aggrevation of having to shop for replacment car, deal with insurance, etc. With our insurance system, the careless drivers really don't get to feel the REAL impact of their actions anywhere but in their wallets and that's even buffered over time. I say take them right then and there for as much as you can get out of them.
Old 02-26-2004, 10:30 PM
Instructor

Adam,
You mean after I have flamed you for street racing, telling you that you were going to hurt someone or your car, you got hit while standing still??????

Sorry to hear that man. Hopefully you are back in a TL soon.
Old 02-26-2004, 10:52 PM
Team SSM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmmmmmm, good point.....
BENT FRAME?????
Originally posted by Yaaro Dhana
The TL uses a unibody construction and does not have a frame. Unibodies are harder to fix right after a major collision .
Sorry, I didn't think about the unibody construction...
Old 02-26-2004, 11:37 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Too bad and sorry to read this. Wish you'll recover all the cost.

I do not understnad why these stupid women cannot afford a hands free for lousy $10 bucks. They spend hundreds on make up and clothes but they do not buy hands free.
Old 02-27-2004, 02:36 AM
Advanced

Ca-sooner,

I live in Oregon.....we have no sales tax. One of the few states that does not. They just bend us over with every other tax known to man.
Old 02-27-2004, 02:49 AM
Race Director

Man I am so sorry, I will pray you get it totalled, and whats the worse that could happen, get that Diminished Value, Resell the car

But people are saying its got UniBody Construction, So it might be more expensive to fix.

Quick Reply: F*ckin Yay!!!!!!!