AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL (2004-2008) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/)
-   -   Expected dealer labor rates for spring install (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/expected-dealer-labor-rates-spring-install-547889/)

sailorZ 04-07-2004 10:57 PM

Expected dealer labor rates for spring install

I'd like to get an idea of what peoples experiences are with dealer labor rates for installing the Comptech springs. I got a quote for $340 for labor alone.

3PUTT 04-08-2004 12:08 AM

My dealer, Park Ave Acura, charges $90. They're in Maywood, NJ.

TLover 04-08-2004 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by sailorZ
I'd like to get an idea of what peoples experiences are with dealer labor rates for installing the Comptech springs. I got a quote for $340 for labor alone.

Does that include a reach-around?

Aegir 04-08-2004 12:46 AM

Does that include alignment and headlight readjustment? If so, that doesn't seem too bad. If you shop around keep in mind that the rear interior will get pulled apart to access the rear shocks. I wouldn't want someone unfamiliar with the car doing the work. IMHO, I don't think anyone would do it for under $200.

Aegir 04-08-2004 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by TLover
Does that include a reach-around?

Damn! I need to start going to the same dealership as you! :cool:

ou sig 04-08-2004 12:53 AM

you need to ask around....first time was $360 from a shop, then the local dealership wont even do ANY aftermarket stuff.....stupid if you ask me, but the refered me to a shop that is a Honda/Acura performance shop and they quoted me $100 for the install. you can get it done for around that if you look around.

good luck!

GoBig 04-08-2004 08:24 AM

Yes, shop around. It shouldn't be more than a couple hundred $$'s.

VTEC=happiness 04-08-2004 09:09 AM

Definately do not pay more than $150 for it. This is a difficult install that takes a fair amount of time, but any shop/dealer that does these regularly can do it pretty easily and within 2 hours or so. My install cost $100, but that was before the shop realized how hard they were to install, the price has been adjusted to $150 for those coming in now.

3PUTT 04-08-2004 01:04 PM

Park Ave Acura sells and installs aftermarket stuff. Check out their site.
it's a little dated but you can call them up for quotes for parts and labor.

http://www.parkaveacura.com

Aegir 04-08-2004 10:09 PM

Now I can top that. My hometown dealer, who shall remain nameless because they are located in my hometown (as listed in my profile), quoted me $500 to install springs - not counting alignment and headlight readjustment... :eek: I always try to give these guys my business first, but it just isn't working out. These guys also quoted me $6900 installed for the A-spec kit - just a slight markup on that one. I work in the Bay Area, so I think I will be exploring other Acura Service options.

ndabunka 04-08-2004 11:23 PM

More info please!

Originally Posted by 3PUTT
My dealer, Park Ave Acura, charges $90. They're in Maywood, NJ.

I will be in that area next week. Wasn't planning on doing the springs yet, but you've just changed my mind. Who was your contact there?

3PUTT 04-08-2004 11:49 PM

i know the sales guy: George Meyerson. Do not really know anyone in the parts/labor dept. they may have coupons posted in the website as well.....good luck and share me some pics after your springs are done. i may be next too.....

porsche911 04-09-2004 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by 3PUTT
Park Ave Acura sells and installs aftermarket stuff. Check out their site.
it's a little dated but you can call them up for quotes for parts and labor.

http://www.parkaveacura.com

I like the screen name. My liscense plate is WONPUTT. The number 1, and ONE were already taken, so I had to get creative. Some people ask me if I won my car in a golf tournament!

ndabunka 04-09-2004 12:25 AM

As golf guys, you guys DO realize that my plate/sig is "IN the Bunker", right?

sailorZ 04-09-2004 01:02 PM

I was also told that a Comptech spring install isn't just springs. You need bushings, etc. also. This may contribute to the higher labor cost also.

VTEC=happiness 04-09-2004 01:15 PM

I was also told that a Comptech spring install isn't just springs. You need bushings, etc. also. This may contribute to the higher labor cost also.

Should be only springs...I wasn't charged for anything beyond that...anyone else?

ndabunka 04-22-2004 04:45 PM

Just spoke with Peter in the Service department. He said that (to date) they have not done ANY 04TL installations that he was aware of. He estimates that it would be more like $335 + parts = the familiar $550 number so many others are getting from the dealers. Said I was the Third person who had called about this TODAY. I'll be following back up with them on Monday. I'm in NJ doing a contract gig and thought I'd get it done while I was here if the price is better than back home. Doesn't look like it will be though :-(

3PUTT 04-23-2004 08:51 AM

funny, i called the Park Ave Acura yesterday as well. Got the same answer about them not installing it on any 04's yet. They were not able to give me a price for labor since the head service guy was not there. I guess the $90 they told me a few weeks ago was their hourly rate....=(