3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Evreyone knows Anthricites come from the factory tuned for more HP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 09:44 AM
Team Anthracite Corsa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evreyone knows Anthricites come from the factory tuned for more HP!!!!

......and those that won't admit it are just bummed that the anthricite TL's are Acura's baby and get the most attention to detail. Congradulations to all of us that bought the fastest of the 04 TL's!!! Yeah!!! dyno tested and wind tunnel proven to be the best of the bunch!

I even think the anthricite TL's ELS stereo system puts out 25watts more power. can't confirm that one yet though.

btw...j/k
Old 04-03-2004, 10:15 AM
Powered by Guinness

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No way dude! Hate to dispute your well documented facts, but NBP with an ebony interior is the fastest. Black on black, baby! The added power helps make up for the extra washing, the inevitable swirl marks, and being baked like a potato during hot summer days. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
Old 04-03-2004, 10:24 AM
Team Anthracite Corsa

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

I think the swirl marks are there to create a vortec effect on the areodynamics of your TL and propell you almost as fast as the Anthricite's!
Old 04-03-2004, 10:30 AM
Zaino under fingernails

Exclamation

Oh, I hate to be the correcting type, but here is an interesting tidbit:

ACURA DRAG COEFFICIENTS RESEARCH RELEASED
Houston, TX (AP NEWSWIRE)

Recent NASA research has shown the the "satin" in satin silver metallic on the new 2004 Acura TL creates a micro-turbulent airflow across the body of the TL, and creates an extra slippery drag coefficient.

As a result, 0-60 and quarter mile test times indicate that the satin silver metallic finish lowered trap times by 4% consistenty, regardless of transmission type.

Additionally, a further increase in "slipperiness" was found by utilizing Zaino-brand car finishes. While Zaino further enhanced the drag coefficient of satin silver metallic, for some reason it tended to increase drag on all other paint colors, most notably antracite (widely known as the least attractive Acura TL finish).

Additional information available by calling NASA at (800) YOU-LOSE.

:lol1:
Old 04-03-2004, 10:43 AM
Team Anthracite Corsa

just remember, all tests I mentioned previously where conducted by Acura to determine which TL they would choose as their "Flagship" within a model line-up.

Anthricite!

factory tune, areodynamically superior body finish, not to mention whatever other secrets have yet to be uncovered.

go sit in buddies anthricite TL and tell me those extra 25watts don't sound nice!

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
Old 04-03-2004, 10:49 AM
Zaino under fingernails

Sorry, I'm already deaf from the DVD-A in my satin silver car. I doubt I could even hear the sound out of an antracite car any more.

:lol2:
Old 04-03-2004, 11:34 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by moregrip
......and those that won't admit it are just bummed that the anthricite TL's are Acura's baby and get the most attention to detail. Congradulations to all of us that bought the fastest of the 04 TL's!!! Yeah!!! dyno tested and wind tunnel proven to be the best of the bunch!

I even think the anthricite TL's ELS stereo system puts out 25watts more power. can't confirm that one yet though.
btw...j/k
With all that extra HP you can get to the Library faster and look up how to spell the color of your car.......It is spelled ANTHRACITE
Old 04-03-2004, 12:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
my yellow type-r sticker makes my Anthracite TL faster
Old 04-03-2004, 01:12 PM
Black

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
yeah but my sunroof deflector helps upon re-entry
Old 04-03-2004, 01:21 PM
Racer

Spoken like a bunch of wide eyed dudes battling acute cases of buyer's remorse and NBP envy. NBP owners don't start threads like this, we just strut while the rest of you gawk. :p :ar15:
Old 04-03-2004, 02:05 PM
Powered by Guinness

ROTFLMAO! :lol1:
Old 04-03-2004, 05:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by moregrip

Nuh uh. SSM is the fastest; that's the color they use in the commericals. :thefinger
Old 04-03-2004, 05:58 PM
Team SSM

Originally Posted by TLover
Nuh uh. SSM is the fastest; that's the color they use in the commericals. :thefinger
oooooh you got served
Old 04-03-2004, 06:03 PM
Team Owner

Received 3,864 Likes on 2,031 Posts
I don't care what you guys say about your light, dark, and very dark grey cars.

I spent part of the day giving my car some lovin' in the driveway with the garden hose and a bucket of cold soapy water. And the fact is when all is said and done and the sun is shining on a clean TL, Abyss Blue Pearl is the best looking of a really fine set of colors.

Mike
Old 04-03-2004, 07:19 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Black is the beauty and the beast too.

Commercials are for "general" public who drive slow and that is why there are more commericials with Anthracite and SSM.

Have you seen any NBP in commercial? No! Because they are the fastest and are for people who buy cars for the performance and not looking at the commercial. PERIOD.

Old 04-03-2004, 07:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by joganjani
Commercials are for "general" public who drive slow and that is why there are more commericials with Anthracite and SSM.

Have you seen any NBP in commercial? No! Because they are the fastest and are for people who buy cars for the performance and not looking at the commercial. PERIOD.

And while you're Zainoing it every three days from keeping it from looking charcoal gray I'll be jammin' on the roads at high speeds.
Old 04-03-2004, 07:42 PM
Instructor

I guess it's a good thing that I ordered my TL to include a nice coat of Anthracite!
Old 04-03-2004, 08:27 PM
never stops!

And while you're Zainoing it every three days from keeping it from looking charcoal gray I'll be jammin' on the roads at high speeds.
While you're jamming on the road, smile in the reflection of Zainoed NBP rear in front of you. WHo knows you might recognise yourself lost in all other SSMs around you.

:lol1: :lol1: :lol1:
Old 04-03-2004, 08:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by joganjani
While you're jamming on the road, smile in the reflection of Zainoed NBP rear in front of you. WHo knows you might recognise yourself lost in all other SSMs around you.

:lol1: :lol1: :lol1:
Actually I haven't seen any NBPs or SSMs, except at the dealer. I've seen only white, gold and anthracite on the road so far. Seriously though, NBP is sweet but I had a black car before my TL so I wanted something different.
Old 04-03-2004, 08:40 PM
never stops!

Actually I haven't seen any NBPs or SSMs, except at the dealer. I've seen only white, gold and anthracite on the road so far. Seriously though, NBP is sweet but I had a black car before my TL so I wanted something different.
I know Tlover, SSM is sweet too. Actually I almost bought one with the body kit at Pleasanton Acura in Dec. I was looking for NBP and Sunnyvale Acura got it for me.
Old 04-03-2004, 08:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Cool Once you drive black, you'll never go back.

Everyone knows that white is a mix of all colors. Black is the absence of color. Because of this lack of color in NBP, they weigh less. Also, because of the ability to warm up because of absorption of the rays of the sun, and because of the shape of the body and remarkable .29 CD, there is a small thermal boost effect.

The hand brake on NPB is actually bigger than other models due to their tendancy to want to go fast even when parked. They look like a panther poised to leap! This also makes them nocturnal. That's why you don't see them as often.

Most sightings are only of their LED tail lights fading into the distance.

Most cars have nitrous injections. NBP has natural pheremones. Slower cars keep to the right, please. :thefinger
Old 04-03-2004, 09:16 PM
Team Anthracite Corsa

Ok, OK, I just got off the phone with the Zaino Bros. Company and after alot of persuasive conversation Sal has decided to market a new anthracite based polish kit to help all other TL owners experience what true speed and performance are all about. Now realize this is only a temporary solution to your lack of maximum performance, BUT!, until you can save enough money to get the proper finish applied, this will get you as close as possible to what others all ready know!
please send thank you letters as this has taken a huge effort on all parties involved
Old 04-04-2004, 09:52 AM
TEAM NIGHTHAWK ASSASIN

Originally Posted by xpditor42
Everyone knows that white is a mix of all colors. Black is the absence of color. Because of this lack of color in NBP, they weigh less. Also, because of the ability to warm up because of absorption of the rays of the sun, and because of the shape of the body and remarkable .29 CD, there is a small thermal boost effect.

The hand brake on NPB is actually bigger than other models due to their tendancy to want to go fast even when parked. They look like a panther poised to leap! This also makes them nocturnal. That's why you don't see them as often.

Most sightings are only of their LED tail lights fading into the distance.

Most cars have nitrous injections. NBP has natural pheremones. Slower cars keep to the right, please. :thefinger
Hey lets no forget that we have a automatic STEALTH button behind the steering wheel . I also found out if you tell the Navi. to go into stealth mode it will drop the car 1 inch and a automatic tint forms on the windows followed by the veiling of the front windows that provides great night vision !
Old 04-04-2004, 10:19 AM
Racer

I wouldn't be cheering for buying the model you see MOST on the road. Step out into something different like the blue or white model....
Old 04-04-2004, 10:20 AM
Instructor

:lol2: :lol2:
Old 04-04-2004, 01:06 PM
Advanced

Come on guys, everyone knows what the fastest color really is (and they don't make the TL in that color). Ask any cop and he will tell you that fire engine red is the fastest color. I have experience with this fact in my other car. That's why I bought my TL in anthracite.