3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ever Receive a letter from the Excell Person at your Dealership?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 09:00 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ever Receive a letter from the Excell Person at your Dealership?

Our son took the car in for an oil change.

I had made the appointment and mentioned the cracking leather and butt print issue.

When the car came back, I did not see anything on the paperword about looking at the leather and our son said they did not mention anything to him, though they are replacing the radio for the second time (a couple of lights for preset button 5 and 6 are out this time).

We received a service quality survey call and our son gave them a 7 due to the lack of follow up on the leather issue.

Two days later I received a letter from the Excell Coordinator. The excell program, exceeding customer expectation levels for life was news to me.

I called the person up and she was very nice and it sounds like they will follow up on my issue.

I also used the opportunity to blast Acura about the lousy el 42s and their sorry approach to resolving the issue.

Has anyone had any experience with the excell program?
Old 03-09-2006, 07:40 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Excell could just be a local term for that dealership?

I think all dealerships want "excellent" service survey results.

Maybe they get bonuses or something? It seems really important to them. When I didn't respond to the first survey letter I got a second.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:47 PM
2016 E350 Sport

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Yup, my wife is an Excell Coord. at our local Honda/Acura dealership.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:13 PM
2016 E350 Sport

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by jdb8805
Excell could just be a local term for that dealership?.
Nope! Excell is nationwide. Every Honda/Acura Dealership has it. It is an initiative to help the dealerships improve their processes to maintain customer loyalty and retention. It was rolled out by Honda North America a couple of years ago.

think all dealerships want "excellent" service survey results.
This is true. A bad customer survey will lower a dealership CSI score (Customer Service Index). That score will determine a dealership's rating locally, zone, or nationally. Also, this cummulative score, among all local dealerships, can determine whether a dealership will build a store. For instance, the CSI score of all the dealers in my area is not high enough for a Lexus, BMW, or Mercedes dealer to build a store at our local automall.

Maybe they get bonuses or something? It seems really important to them. When I didn't respond to the first survey letter I got a second.
This program has nothing to do with bonuses! I wish it did. It's more focussed on improvements at the dealership level. That improvement hopefully trickles down to the customer. Excell coordinators do not deal face to face with customers that often. They serve more as facilitators for process improvement. They do NOT put out fires or conflicts between the customer and service/sales department. They gather information through the customer surveys and present the data to members of the dealership to improve in those areas. This process structure is validated yearly.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:32 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
follow ups

[QUOTE=SweetJazz]Nope! Excell is nationwide. Every Honda/Acura Dealership has it. It is an initiative to help the dealerships improve their processes to maintain customer loyalty and retention. It was rolled out by Honda North America a couple of years ago.

Just relating my experience with acura service. I got a form to fill out sent to me after purchasing the car, and then a fall come from acura headquarters, asking more details on the form I filled out.
I then got a call from dealership, asking why I downgraded certain items, and what could they do to make it right. Which they did, by offereing me free detailings and free first servicing.

Just a side note. After each time I serviced the car at acura, I would receive a call withing a day or two from the dealership, asking me if I was happy with the servicing and is everything okay. Also, I would get a phone call, usually two weeks later from acura/honda themselves, asking me if I was happy with servicing. They do at least in my situation follow up, and seem to try hard. I give them points for that. I never received this type of service with my toyota, but then again, it has hardly ever needed any service.
Infinity, does a gread job of servicing, but dont seems to follow up on it. I guess they kind of figure they do the job right the first time, which so far, seems to be. They are even a little pro active on this, as I have stated in past posts.

Much regards