Sponsored by:

Ending my weekend with a bang

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 11:23 AM
Safety Car

Received 148 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by dontTL'em'nothing
**** update ****
I received the police report and called the guys insurance company myself. According to his statement he says i hit him. Glad i told the cop that i had it all captured on video because he put that on the police report. Now a big concern of mine is his insurance company, I've never heard of them because they are local and apply to taxi's and commercial vehicles. So i go doing some internet investigating and man ive seen some bad and similar complaints. There was one complaint i read that is almost identical to my exact situation only exception is it is with a different taxi service. Right now things dont look to well on my end. Im suspecting ill be paying my deductible on my own insurance to get things repaired but before that happens im going to fight tooth and nail to make sure that the cabbies insurance pays for all repairs. The insurance rep on the phone stated that the cabbie hasnt even reported the accident yet.
Video never lies. I personally would call your insurance company and tell them what happened exactly and that you have video. They honestly can take it over and back you up because that video proves its not your fault. Then they can go over the other parties insurance company so you don't have to deal with that crap.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:42 AM
riding low and steady

Received 80 Likes on 76 Posts
Originally Posted by Majofo
I figured..

Next time.. run that fuck over and delete the evidence.
that might have crossed my mind lol

Originally Posted by Acura-OC
Send video to your insurance. They will do all the work.
Originally Posted by mn2trance
Of course he didn't. Why rat yourself out and end up increasing your premium? Since you have it on video, tell his insurance agent that you have police report and video to back up your claim versus what he had stated. Part of the reason why I hate cabbies is because they can't drive worth shit.
Agreed 100%
Originally Posted by pimpin-tl
Video never lies. I personally would call your insurance company and tell them what happened exactly and that you have video. They honestly can take it over and back you up because that video proves its not your fault. Then they can go over the other parties insurance company so you don't have to deal with that crap.
Both insurance companies have been told about the video, i gotta email the link to the video to his insurance still. My insurance had it since i reported the claim. Im really waiting to see what course of action his insurance will take and exhaust all possible routes before i hand it over to my insurance, not wanting to come out pocket.

Heres a complaint that is identical to my situation
http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ethio-...or-deny-780637
Old 05-31-2013, 11:52 AM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
This shit happens all the time (shown below), that's why I was surprised they admitted fault. I was suspecting they saw the dash cam or you told them about it and decided to play nice.

If I were in your shoes, I'd go out of my way to teach them a lesson. That could involve using the system against them..
Old 05-31-2013, 12:25 PM
riding low and steady

This shit happens all the time (shown below), that's why I was surprised they admitted fault. I was suspecting they saw the dash cam or you told them about it and decided to play nice.

If I were in your shoes, I'd go out of my way to teach them a lesson. That could involve using the system against them..
I have seen all of those videos before when i was researching a dash cam.

I never told them about the camera, i assuming he saw the camera in the video. Believe me i would love to stick it too them but i just dont have the time and funds to do all of that.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:54 PM

Post to reddit.. Your own personal army.. video would get a lot of hits as well.

or 4chan.. but any quest for justice will be drowned out by requests for nudes..
Old 06-08-2013, 11:02 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,159 Likes on 909 Posts
any pics from inside and outside showing the location of the dash cam?
Old 06-08-2013, 11:29 PM
riding low and steady

Originally Posted by sockr1
any pics from inside and outside showing the location of the dash cam?
i took some phone pics but havent had the chance to upload them, im off tomorrow ill take some with the dslr for ya.
The following users liked this post:
sockr1 (06-08-2013)
Old 06-08-2013, 11:35 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,159 Likes on 909 Posts
thanks! wasn't trying to nag, just curious
Old 06-09-2013, 11:03 PM
riding low and steady

5 feet away (yes i know its crooked lol it was work the other day and i hit it with my sunshade)

5 feet with sunshade

about 20 feet away

about 15 feet away

50 ft or so

interior shot mounted

interior shot with sunshade.

Yes you can clearly see it in direct sunlight but what cant you see in direct sunlight, cloudy days are perfect. Right now it has 1 coat of plasti dip. For those of you thinking about buying one the new ones come black. Unfortunately for me i got the 1st gen Dr400 HD which is like a silver/grayish color.

All photos were taken with a 50 mm lens to get close to what you would see with the naked eye.

Edit* yes the car seems dirty but just the front bumper looks like total shit. Anyways I have yet to get anywhere with this guys insurance company. I'm looking into getting a "bad faith insurance letter" going against his insurance. Since Memorial Day I've only talked to one person and everyday since then I have had no response. I call everyday and get directed to somebody's voicemail. I gave them the benifit of doubt and more than enough time to get in contact with their insured. I found the taxi cabs FB account and been tempted to post the video. Now I'm just getting impatient and ready to get this over with.

Last edited by dontTL'em'nothing; 06-09-2013 at 11:17 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by dontTL'em'nothing:
Acura_Dude (06-10-2013), sockr1 (06-10-2013)
Old 07-31-2013, 11:18 PM
riding low and steady

Update ****
On July 3rd, I was told by the guys insurance that they would deny my claim. They were quick and short on details as to why my claim would be denied. They said a letter would be sent out explaining the details. Weeks go by and not a single letter in the mail. By this time I'm researching lawyers, filing reports to anything that has to do with the insurance field: BBB, Office of Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner of Georgia. On Monday afternoon I get a call from a property damage appraiser telling me he will be coming the next day to look at my car.

Tuesday morning comes around he does his thing. Tells me new bumper and new grill, that puts a smile on my face because the place i brought it to get an estimate done said they would not replace the bumper they would patch the whole. So right now im just waiting to find out if the appraisal went through to be accepted. Man I'm so relieved that this ordeal is almost done and over with when I thought it to be a dead end. I think ill stay with the 04-06 bumper dont know if i want to upgrade bumpers yet lol i know its retarded not too but i dont feel like make the aspec fit on the new bumper.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:59 PM

If you send me the guys personal details, I might return some entertaining details.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:25 AM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
Majofo

OP Glad it all worked out for you.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:27 AM
All About Trance

Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
What you had gone through really pisses me off and makes me hate cabbies even more. Did you get anywhere with the state insurance commissioner? I'll make sure to keep an eye out for this moron out on the road.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:56 AM
riding low and steady

What you had gone through really pisses me off and makes me hate cabbies even more. Did you get anywhere with the state insurance commissioner? I'll make sure to keep an eye out for this moron out on the road.
I havent heard anything from them since July 9th. I fully agree with you about not liking cabbies. Always thought they were mindless morons who dont know how to drive to begin with. I feel real bad for the passenger that was with him during my accident. This particular cab company is in Chamblee so if your in that area watch out for "America Taxi Co".

Heres what ive learned from my experience and after alot of researching. It seems like insurance companies will deny claims after 30 days if they are unable to reach their insured driver. Im just making this assumption from what i have read and hearing from friends that have had claims denied i believe its pretty close to being true.

If any of you guys are unfortunately denied a claim and the other party was at fault, look up "bad faith insurance". http://www.badfaithinsurance.org/

@Majofo haha thanks for the offer but i think i found enough dirt on him. He was wanted and detained by the US Marshals back in 2009

Last edited by dontTL'em'nothing; 08-01-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:08 AM

...I feel real bad for the passenger that was with him during my accident...

@Majofo haha thanks for the offer but i think i found enough dirt on him. He was wanted and detained by the US Marshals back in 2009
1) Don't be so sure the passenger wasn't in on it.. Don't feel bad.
2) Send me info, I might get him a one-way ticket..
Old 08-01-2013, 11:44 AM
All About Trance

I havent heard anything from them since July 9th. I fully agree with you about not liking cabbies. Always thought they were mindless morons who dont know how to drive to begin with. I feel real bad for the passenger that was with him during my accident. This particular cab company is in Chamblee so if your in that area watch out for "America Taxi Co".

Heres what ive learned from my experience and after alot of researching. It seems like insurance companies will deny claims after 30 days if they are unable to reach their insured driver. Im just making this assumption from what i have read and hearing from friends that have had claims denied i believe its pretty close to being true.

If any of you guys are unfortunately denied a claim and the other party was at fault, look up "bad faith insurance". http://www.badfaithinsurance.org/

I went to your YouTube page and saw that you had listed his name. I looked him up as best as I could and I know where he lives and know that area of Chamblee aka Little Mexico lol.
1) Don't be so sure the passenger wasn't in on it.. Don't feel bad.
2) Send me info, I might get him a one-way ticket..
His name is Mauro F Rivas.

FB: www.facebook.com/AmericaTaxiCabLLC
Google+: https://plus.google.com/117390805666886173438/posts
Old 08-01-2013, 12:30 PM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
Old 08-02-2013, 12:17 AM
riding low and steady

I went to your YouTube page and saw that you had listed his name. I looked him up as best as I could and I know where he lives and know that area of Chamblee aka Little Mexico lol.

His name is Mauro F Rivas.

FB: www.facebook.com/AmericaTaxiCabLLC
Google+: https://plus.google.com/117390805666886173438/posts
Yes at one point i spammed every route leading back to him to get him to report it to the insurance. I have since stopped all of that since they sent out an adjuster and the fact that it is harassment on my end.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:12 AM
All About Trance

What I find weird in this situation is why they had sent out a property adjuster when they had denied your claim. When the guy came out, did he show you credentials that he's affiliated with that pos company?

As far as spamming him, he can't prove a thing that it was you. He can speculate, but unlike your dash cam vid, he doesn't have concrete proof . . . unless he had stumbled upon your forum post. I can't wait to hear what majofo digs up on him.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:46 AM
Make MyTL Great Again

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
the first mistake was using "welcome to america taxi"...the driver is probably FOB.

Lucky you have the cam.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:28 AM
riding low and steady

What I find weird in this situation is why they had sent out a property adjuster when they had denied your claim. When the guy came out, did he show you credentials that he's affiliated with that pos company?

As far as spamming him, he can't prove a thing that it was you. He can speculate, but unlike your dash cam vid, he doesn't have concrete proof . . . unless he had stumbled upon your forum post. I can't wait to hear what majofo digs up on him.
Thats the thing that I found wierd too. The guy had all the info from the accident. He was i guess "contracted" to do the appraisal. Since im out of state.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:34 AM
riding low and steady

Update:

Got an email from the rep that I have been in contact with since day one. Like I have said since the beginning they were always short and brief with there answers which also carries over to their emails. Here is a screen shot of the email.

Now the settlement after their contracted adjuster looked at it came out to be $827.55.
They have a recommended shop that is damn near 2hrs away I was like da fuq. So im going to make sure I can take it to my own personally chosen body shop, hopefully have a hand at ordering all the necessary parts and have them delivered to the shop. I dont want to order the 07-08 bumpers as I dont want to retro the aspec lip. Hopefully they will let me order parts because I want domed decals damnit lol. For those of you that are questioning why domed decals? is because "replacement bumpers" dont have the "Acura" indention in it where as OEM bumpers do where some members put the domed decals.

Anyways after exactly 3 months from when I filed the claim May 27th, 2013 to today August 27, 2013 I am relieved that this ordeal is finally coming to a close.

Any further advice from people who unfortunately have experience from similar situations in dealing with the recommended body shops and personally chosen body shops? I myself have not had a situation where I had to deal with body shops.
Attached Thumbnails Ending my weekend with a bang-screen-shot-2013-08-28-12.00.12-am.png  
Old 08-28-2013, 01:26 AM
Hawk Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
As said before, your insurance company should have been more help. After 30 days they should have covered the fix, without deductible or premium increase and then chased down his company for the cost incurred. No way i'd drive 2 hrs for their shop, not worth the hassle. Have them send you the check and take care of it yourself.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:41 AM
All About Trance

^

I'd fight the "replacement bumpers" too since it's not OEM. Those fuckers are trying to get away with not making you whole. I don't see why you can't go to the shop of your choosing as long as they cut a check out to you.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:46 AM
riding low and steady

Originally Posted by MSGross
As said before, your insurance company should have been more help. After 30 days they should have covered the fix, without deductible or premium increase and then chased down his company for the cost incurred. No way i'd drive 2 hrs for their shop, not worth the hassle. Have them send you the check and take care of it yourself.
Oh they were more than ready to help out but i chose not to pay my deductible. I was confident i could make the other insurance pay with the video proof. Yes I put myself into a position that would be a lengthy ordeal but I knew I could win on my own. Really I shyed away because I wasnt sure if I would be able to get my money back if I had gone through my insurance.

^

I'd fight the "replacement bumpers" too since it's not OEM. Those fuckers are trying to get away with not making you whole. I don't see why you can't go to the shop of your choosing as long as they cut a check out to you.
I also agree thats why I want to have a hand at the parts list. Im pretty sure they would let me take it to a shop of my choosing.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:09 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 120 Likes on 93 Posts
Originally Posted by MSGross
No way i'd drive 2 hrs for their shop, not worth the hassle. Have them send you the check and take care of it yourself.
No way I'd take my car to a shop chosen by a insurance company that is already acting all shady even if it was close. Take it to your own shop. I'd look into what your options are if it ends up costing more than the original estimate. I wouldn't accept a check or anything without being sure it isn't a final settlement.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:21 AM
riding low and steady

update:

spoke with the adjuster and he explained that the shop listed on paper is not a body shop but a parts supplier so Im free to chose any shop I want. Misunderstanding on my part. So sorry if I riled you guys up about it lol
Old 08-28-2013, 11:32 AM

Send it to our shop for some bullshit fix which we'll pay only a tenth of what is quoted. You have every fucking right to use whatever fucking shop you want to fix your car. Get a real estimate from a reputable shop. If the estimate is more, tell them to send you a check in that amount. If they don't comply, call your insurance to put some pressure on them. If that doesn't work, contact a lawyer. If none of it seems reasonable to you.. take your car and drive it through that mother fuckers house. Fuck I wish that bitch did that shit to me. I would have dropped his fucking ass at the scene and been out.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ethio-American-Insurance/Atlanta-Georgia-30318/Ethio-American-Insurance-Toby-Frazier-Insurance-company-says-they-cant-pay-claim-OR-deny-780637
Old 08-28-2013, 11:34 AM

update:

spoke with the adjuster and he explained that the shop listed on paper is not a body shop but a parts supplier so Im free to chose any shop I want. Misunderstanding on my part. So sorry if I riled you guys up about it lol
That makes even less sense.. hey we'll pay for parts, you pay for labor.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:50 AM
riding low and steady

labor and parts included
Parts $418.73 (bumper,grill and emblem)
Labor and tax $408.82
Old 08-28-2013, 01:11 PM

A new bumper cover from acuraoemparts is $260 shipped, there is only one p/n so I assume it's only primed. That means you'll need to paint. If so, it'll cost around $200-300 to get it paint matched properly. Front grill another $100. Labor questionable. I fear that you won't see a dime and end up having to file a claim with your insurance. I agree with MSG that it's bs for your insurance company not to take care of you.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:02 PM
Proud owner of a...

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts
A new bumper cover from acuraoemparts is $260 shipped, there is only one p/n so I assume it's only primed. That means you'll need to paint. If so, it'll cost around $200-300 to get it paint matched properly. Front grill another $100. Labor questionable. I fear that you won't see a dime and end up having to file a claim with your insurance. I agree with MSG that it's bs for your insurance company not to take care of you.
Agreed. OP you should find it lucky that nobody was hurt. That's all it matters.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:24 PM
riding low and steady

my insurance was more than ready to take care of me, all i had to do was tell them and pay them my deductible. Some people have vanishing deductibles some dont. I stated above why i didnt go through my insurance. Also I was never expecting to pocket anything because I already had an idea of what parts and labor would cost if i just said fuck it and payed for everything myself. Im more concerned about what quality parts are going on the car. While I agree 100% with everyone, I wanted to make his other insurance pay for everything. Much more satisfying hearing and receiving their answers myself. Yes I could have just let my insurance do it all and not have to deal with this mess. In the end everything is all working out, no one was hurt except for Ethio America Insurance Co and the taxi company. Only thing now is im waiting to hear from Office of Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner of Georgia. Their the ones who set the fire under Ethio America insurance lol.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:39 AM

What we mean is.. although your insurance company doesn't have to pursue the claim on your behalf, they should have without paying your deductible.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:41 AM
Drifting

Received 595 Likes on 444 Posts
What we mean is.. although your insurance company doesn't have to pursue the claim on your behalf, they should have without paying your deductible.
How so? A claim is a claim. You pay your deductible for a claim. Eventually he would get that deductible back, but initially it would need to be paid.