3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drivers seat comfort (BAAAAD)

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 02:10 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First post here, this place is nice. I found it last night while looking up random stuff about the TL. I've had my TL for about two weeks now. Initally I did not like the DRIVER seat at all. When looking at the car I noticed the passenger seat didn't bother me as much as the drivers did. It really bugged me at first because I was in love with my TL from the second I saw her :-). Then I sat in the seat and I was like what in the heck the lumbar support is all the way out. When I went to deflate it i noticed it was just the opposite. I was not going to by the TL due to it bothering my back big time. In the end I decided to get it because I loved it so much. And just last night I was like wait a second, it doesn't feel bad at all. I can still feel the lumbar support on my back but for some reason it felt nice...hmm...

Anyway, I hope this helps. Trust me, at first the seat really pissed me off because I knew the TL was the car for me. I hated not being able to decide to go with the TL and have my back bother me the whole time or to go with another vehicle. I am very glad I decided to get it for now I don't even realize it's there. To be quite honest with you, I think it actually helps my back in the long run. I have a 2 hour round trip each morning to work and I've noticed when I get out of the car my back feels much better. Anywa, enough from me. Hope this helps.

PS incase anyone sees my age and are thinking "Daddy would have just had to buy you another car like a BMW/Volvo/MB." I would have thought the same thing. The city I live in is a college town/city filled with khaki Dockers, pink button down shirts, and BMWs and MB. Funny thing though, they all have out of state tags :-). Anyway, I work my ass of to pay for my car and living exp...Just incase anyone trys anything :-).

I LOVE THIS SITE! A+++
Old 04-10-2005, 02:23 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jjtags
Well, I'm 6'2" and 280 and I'm very comfortable in the seats. I had to lower the seats a bit and fiddle with the settings to get the right fit but the bolsters are great. They are certainly better seats than the ones on my previous car (2002 ABP TL-S)

And TerminaderTL, you need to add to that list #12, XM radio presets only 6 per band (XM1, XM2), about 10-15 per band, even 20, would be great so you can store all of your favorite XM stations.

I agree. So much of that screen is blank and could be stored with more presets. The Starbucks one...that is too funny, just 20 minutes ago I was like where in the heck did that coffee thing go. Looked all over the car because I knew when I got into the car it was there. When I looked in the holder i didn't see it because it was hiding on the edges. Then I put it back in the cup holder and almost forgot about it after picking the cup up several more times to drink. The on the second to last sip it appeared. I thought I was going crazy! Well I am, but I thought the cup holder issue itself was just in my head!

Also, does Acura have a place to call or write with tips to improve on future models? AC seats would be nice. Love the heat, best of the cars I've had so far!!!
Old 04-10-2005, 05:19 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 1FasTL
If anything, the seat is too big for me.........I'm 5' 10" and 160.
I sometimes wonder if this is my problem also. (5'8", 160lbs).

My complaint about the seat is the seam that goes across the middle of the bottom of the seat. I can feel this digging into my leg. I have tried other postions to no avail. I have reverted to sitting on a towel.

I have never heard of anybody else complaining about this "seam".
Old 04-10-2005, 06:36 PM
Bears Rule!(Well, kinda')

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I mentioned this issue on the 2005 in another post -- the second seam is definitely noticable. No more butt prints, but I could definitely feel it on my rump and wondered if it would be an issue on long hauls. As far as the seats -- I still think overall they're the best of the majors: BMW, Audi, MB, and Infiniti, that is. Never been in a Volvo, so I can't comment there.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:19 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RawDogg
HA! I second that!!...By the way, I think Be happy with whats "handed to you" is more appropriate... :gheyfight:

6'1" - 200lbs and the seats are coo with me...
handed...given....whatever you want to call it...i am more than happy with what i have....

and to add to that...theres nothing wrong with a 17 year old driving a TL and calling it his own...because it is mine....if you or your parents have the money why not? its all a matter of morals and values
Old 04-10-2005, 09:47 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by elsensei
Wait for a while. Honda/Acura usually have firm seats, but they do strech/loosen a little over time, and you get used to them.

I thought my TL seats were too hard also, but now I like them after just one month.
The rear seats of the(04+) TL and both front and back on the 05 RL are the best seats I've sat on in any Acura.
Old 04-10-2005, 11:09 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mindworm
I mentioned this issue on the 2005 in another post -- the second seam is definitely noticable. No more butt prints, but I could definitely feel it on my rump and wondered if it would be an issue on long hauls. As far as the seats -- I still think overall they're the best of the majors: BMW, Audi, MB, and Infiniti, that is. Never been in a Volvo, so I can't comment there.
My wife drives a '98 Volvo S70. It's like sitting on a comfortable couch! Not sporty, very bench-like, but VERY comfortable!!! It's great for people with back problems or for long driving trips.