Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dont go to Stevens Creek Acura to fix ur driver side Rattle

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 06:00 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dont go to Stevens Creek Acura to fix ur driver side Rattle

Not only the rattle is still there, but now my window is filled with grease marks from the lube that they supposedly put to stop the rattle. Idiots, who the hell lube the window? They lube the top part where the window touches the the door seal. Rolled my window all the way down and back up and now grease!
Old 01-12-2005, 08:24 PM
Intermediate

Not so bad for me

Originally Posted by btvudoo
Not only the rattle is still there, but now my window is filled with grease marks from the lube that they supposedly put to stop the rattle. Idiots, who the hell lube the window? They lube the top part where the window touches the the door seal. Rolled my window all the way down and back up and now grease!
My experience at this dealer was satisfactory, although they washed my car after the repair work, even though I told them not too.

They fixed the noisy front brakes with new brake pads (I have the famous Brembo brakes), driver door bin rattle (they installed new door bin), and clicking noise from the overhead console area on the driver side (with valcro tape). They even waived the fee ($50) for the tire rotation because they needed to keep the car over night for the work. I did have to bring the car in 3 times to fixed these problems.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:34 AM
CEO, Team Anthracite

I didn't want them to wash the car so I actually taped a note over my Navi saying "DO NOT WASH CAR!"

Stevens Creek Acura has a decent service department. I'm pretty familiar with the service manager now so they treat me pretty well.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:17 AM
Intermediate

my first experience with them was also pretty good. Thats unfortunate for you and might just be an isolated incident.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:37 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I'll say get it back and make them clean it the way it was. I'm sure they'll do it.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:38 PM
CEO, Team Anthracite

The lubricant is probably Silicone spray... They sprayed it all over my window area once too and it actually got all over the vents. Had them clean it up really nicely.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:27 PM
Advanced

My experiences with the service advisors & service manager have been great. I am not as satisfied with the technicians and the several persons who handled my car.

I've dealt with Mike and Emily, as well as Paul the manager. The 3 have been all pretty straight forward.

1st visit at 3k, for oil change, cetering of steering wheel, and frt pas side rattle. Dealt with Emily. First 2 were done (took longer than I thought, 2 days). Couldn't reproduce the rattle, not fixed. Got loaner car. Did NOT wash my car.

2nd visit was with Mike. Brought car in on a Mon w/o appt. 2 hrs later was told that a rodent ate my knock sensor wire. $370 parts and labor. Ordered part, scheduled to come in next Monday.

3rd visit was the next Mon., with Mike. Was told part did not arrive. Not his fault, since FedEx did not deliver. But maybe Mike should have called me and save me the trip. Called me later that day and informed me the part was in, come in tomorrow.

4th visit was the nest day, Tuesday, 7:30am. Car was ready at 1:00pm. Asked for a loaner car but was told not for this kind of job, Not his fault but rather the Dealership's stupid policy. While picking up the car I noticed 3 vertical scratches on the frt left bumper. I was very pissed!!. Mike said only Paul can authorize the repair and Paul would be in tomorrow.

5th visit was the next day Wed., with Paul. He agreeed to fix the scratches and schedule an all day appt next Friday. Promised me a loaner car.

6th visit was with Emily, to fix the scratches. No loaner was available so she got me a P.O. at the Enterprise next door. Was told I could only get a Neon. I was pissed, cuz there is no way I am driving a neon in a storm. Called Emily and got upgraded to a GMC Envoy. Car was ready at 12:30pm, 3 1/2 hours early.

The reason I have reservation toward the techs and the car handler is because:

1. Someone scratched my car.
2. Boot prints on the door sill where the "ACURA" metal plate is.
3. Greasy fringer prints in car.

So I think they need to improve in those areas.

Although my experience with Stevens Creek Acura is not as good as the Volvo dealership (they never mess up my wife's car), it is much better than the Fremont Dodge, and Joe Kerly Jeep.

I will go back again, but I will ask the advisor to let the tech know about my concerns.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:37 PM
CEO, Team Anthracite

Originally Posted by go_blue
My experiences with the service advisors & service manager have been great. I am not as satisfied with the technicians and the several persons who handled my car.

[snip]
Although my experience with Stevens Creek Acura is not as good as the Volvo dealership (they never mess up my wife's car), it is much better than the Fremont Dodge, and Joe Kerly Jeep.

I will go back again, but I will ask the advisor to let the tech know about my concerns.
I highly recommend you contact Paul via email (or phone) and let him know about your concerns. Hell, paste the contents of this posting into the email - let him know that you're dissatisfied with the way they worked on your car. I think Paul is level-headed enough to take the criticism and address the problem with the techs that worked on the car.