Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do You Feel Safe In Your Tl???

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 01:28 AM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Originally Posted by Tempest811
it really is a whole different world. it wasnt till i left and graduated from college that i found out what the world is really like.....

You graduated from college at 19?
Old 06-14-2006, 04:48 AM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by subinf
You graduated from college at 19?
Yeah.. how-a-bout that.. I saw that, too. Good for him. I was 34 before I received my first degree (well, yes.. I went back to school).

Congrats to him!
Old 06-14-2006, 09:27 AM
aw1
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wid-TL
... then they shoot you anyway to eliminate a witness, or because they're hopped up on drugs.

Southernboy hit the nail on the head with all of his thoughts on this subject.

it will depending on the situation. as southernboy said, there are to many variables. if i feel there is no way out but to go down fighting, then i will go down fighting. but i will not give them are reason to shot me.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:48 AM
Tint The Windshield

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
If someone had me at gun point I would ask them if they wanted a test drive to show them what it can do and then I'd show them all the gadgets of the car ... Navi, DVD player, etc. etc. ya know .. make sure he's real comfortable. Then maybe set up his phone with the blue tooth HFL. And of course after all that ... wash and wax it up real nice, some good tire shine, etc.

I'll be damned if I'll have my car out on the road not racing and blingin' away!

jk

I don't get a ton of stares right as of now ... but once I drop it and do the rims ... I'm sure it'll get more than enough attention. I cant wait to see what the guys in the loading dock at the service dept. say when I drive my car in there, haha. I never see a supped up TL at my dealer.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:31 AM
I dust my TL.

Received 19 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy
Yeah.. how-a-bout that.. I saw that, too. Good for him. I was 34 before I received my first degree (well, yes.. I went back to school).

Congrats to him!
Thank you so much guys. Yeah I kinda knew what I wanted to be by my sophomore year so I had a head start....and an employer before I even left for college - but he and I agreed that a trade school with an accelerated course would give me the book smarts I needed before I could start work.
Even my best friends are like ......"so thats it?......you're done?" lol
Old 06-14-2006, 11:06 AM
Banned

Wow! What a good thread. I actually didn't expect so many responses. I can't wait to get my TL nevertheless. It will take some time to get use to the stares and overcomine my worries. I guess the bottom line is that you'll get stares regardless, but take precaution against the ones that appear as "I want your car" type of stare.

Also, I'll have to try to get use to the low visibility from the rear view mirror (due to the headrest on the backseats), the somewhat low-sounding horn (the Integra's are louder to me) and the, sorry to say, crappy radio. The TSX's sounds better.

Again, thanks for all inputs and I welcome more.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:18 AM
I dust my TL.

Received 19 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TriniBwoy
Also, I'll have to try to get use to the low visibility from the rear view mirror (due to the headrest on the backseats), the somewhat low-sounding horn (the Integra's are louder to me) and the, sorry to say, crappy radio. The TSX's sounds better.

Again, thanks for all inputs and I welcome more.
Yeah it's definately obvious that the radio and XM were #2 on the list of priorities next to the the DVD-A. I guess they just have their fingers crossed that DVD-A takes off. I don't see why it shouldn't...but they may have anticipated it a little too soon.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:11 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by crazymjb
Is that before or after he ruined the tranny?

Mike
Probably after LOL. But hey, at least the guy will get caught. I do realize that it was a pretty stupid point for me to bring up, but I just thought it was funny when I heard that people have been caught like that before.
Old 06-14-2006, 05:07 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by lscld
Probably after LOL. But hey, at least the guy will get caught. I do realize that it was a pretty stupid point for me to bring up, but I just thought it was funny when I heard that people have been caught like that before.
Actually, I think in some cases, you're right. I once started a book and the carjackers were cussing and fuming because the main character had a Club on his steering wheel and his car was a manual. When they asked him for his keys to the Club, he lost it and killed both of them.
Old 06-14-2006, 05:44 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by aw1
it will depending on the situation. as southernboy said, there are to many variables. if i feel there is no way out but to go down fighting, then i will go down fighting. but i will not give them are reason to shot me.
Yeah, there really are too many variations on something like this. And most people just move through their day in condition white when they should be in condition yellow.

While I'm certainly pleased about the fact that my state has chosen NOT to break the law (like some places such as Chicago, New York, Washington, DC, San Francisco), I am both careful and cautious when carrying. I kinda prefer it that way. And I feel sorry for you good people who live in places where your lawmakers spit on the Bill of Rights. Don't they know that the founding documents are the supreme law of the land and that those documents supercede anything they do to thwart what's spelled out in them. Of course they don't and neither do the courts. This is what we get when we began to allow the concept of interpretation into Constitutional meaning.

Oh well, guess I better get down from my soapbox and make room for someone else. Once again people.. a really interesting and thought-provoking thread. We really do need more of this.