3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you ever worry that you bought the wrong color car?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 12:07 PM
Brake dust is a badge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love my Anthracite w/ Ebony 6 speed. I even have color changing two front rims, they turn Anthracite-ish due to the brake dust.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:17 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 217 Likes on 131 Posts
^^^hahah yeah me too.

I dont regret getting anthracite for a minute.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:29 PM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Every car i have had has been Silver.......I just loved how the SSM stood out with more flakes than my previous rides. So I bougth the SSM/Ebony/Navi combo.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:31 PM
The Boss

Originally Posted by KJW73
While looking at a lot of the pics and seeing other TL's on the road...it makes me ponder the thought if I purchased the "right" colored car for me - even though regardless I'm stuck with White Diamond Pearle for at least 6-years (cuz I'm not planning to trade in any time soon).

I only had two colors to choose from because they were the only two on the lot with navigation; WDP and Royal Blue - and that type of blue just isn't for me - and really neither is white to be honest. It was better than the blue and I figured that I could get used to it - and in a sense I have. But when I see the one I REALLY wanted - Nighthawk Black Pearle - I'm jealous! Hell - I'm a 32 year old woman - I shouldn't be jealous over another cars color! hahahahaha. But, I am. Not to mention that I never had parchment interior, either. My Accord was silver with black interior and loved it.

Oh well - I'm not complaining, because the TL gets me to where I need to go and it's a pleasurable ride, no doubt. Just thought I'd put it out there to see if I'm the only fool who jumped the gun without waiting.........
I chose WDP 5AT over silver 6MT and don't regret it.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:32 PM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AcuraDriver2006
I chose WDP 5AT over silver 6MT and don't regret it.
...I'm a fickle chick, I suppose?
...I love the car itself, by all means. But every day when I walk out the garage and see my bright white car sitting there...someday's I just don't know what I was thinking. Then there are other times...like when I'm waxing it and I see the pearl-essence bling through...then I'm okay with it.

I'll love and nurture my TL till the day comes (a few years from now) to trade it in; but I will never own another white (with or without pearl) car in my life. I knew when I owned two red cars that I'd never buy one of them again either. And if I wouldn't have just had two Satin Silver Metallic Honda's previous to my TL...I would have gone for the silver w/ ebony interior.

It's nice to day dream...
Old 04-13-2006, 02:56 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
You sure it's not that you walk out to your garage and see the BSM on your car?

I know how you feel about not owning another one, though...my last two cars were black and silver, so when I got the TL, black and silver were off the list from the start (anthracite, too, as it was gray which is similar to silver). My next car won't be one of those or white...I'm thinking blue.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:53 PM
Racer

If the Quartz interior was lighter and came with a dark wood trim instead the carbon fiber accents, I would've gotten SSM. It's easy to clean, ages well, hides dust, and has a metallic look which I love. Instead I got NBP which I've pretty much given up on trying to keep really clean.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:10 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmm let me think about it..

Hellll no...

Old 05-23-2006, 10:41 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by KJW73
...I'm a fickle chick, I suppose?
...I love the car itself, by all means. But every day when I walk out the garage and see my bright white car sitting there...someday's I just don't know what I was thinking. Then there are other times...like when I'm waxing it and I see the pearl-essence bling through...then I'm okay with it.

I'll love and nurture my TL till the day comes (a few years from now) to trade it in; but I will never own another white (with or without pearl) car in my life. I knew when I owned two red cars that I'd never buy one of them again either. And if I wouldn't have just had two Satin Silver Metallic Honda's previous to my TL...I would have gone for the silver w/ ebony interior.

It's nice to day dream...
Easily, the best TL color is the Green! Does anyone know why they stopped making that color?
Old 05-23-2006, 11:00 AM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by wayne765
Easily, the best TL color is the Green! Does anyone know why they stopped making that color?
They stopped making it because after the experiment, they decided that only the select few people could really handle that sexy a color car. See, Acura told anyone they didn't think was cool enough to handle it that "The DGP is not available on my lot right now... How about a nice Anthracite instead?"

Acura decided that those of us who were selected would be the only ones allowed to handle that sexy beast, henceforth, no more DGP's will ever be made...

Don't even get me started on those of us with the DGP in a 6 speed... whoa...
Old 05-23-2006, 11:10 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
^^^ Yeah, "whoa" is right...I think you DGP guys have gone off the deep end!
Old 05-23-2006, 11:19 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by jmbnova
They stopped making it because after the experiment, they decided that only the select few people could really handle that sexy a color car. See, Acura told anyone they didn't think was cool enough to handle it that "The DGP is not available on my lot right now... How about a nice Anthracite instead?"

Acura decided that those of us who were selected would be the only ones allowed to handle that sexy beast, henceforth, no more DGP's will ever be made...

Don't even get me started on those of us with the DGP in a 6 speed... whoa...
Why haven't you gotten it tinted?
Old 05-23-2006, 11:36 AM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Why haven't you gotten it tinted?
How'd you know??

Work has been the issue.... I tried telling my boss that getting my tint done was a priority but he didn't see it that way...

Should be done next week... with headlights getting cleared soon after...
Old 05-23-2006, 12:44 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Easily, the best TL color is the Green!
Of all the colors available, DGP was by far the classiest and most exclusive. I wanted to be different as all the cars I've ever owned were what most people DIDN'T have. I know the 3G TL looks great in any color, but all I see are silver, black, gray, and white by the dozen here in NY. The only other color I'd consider the is the Copper Bronze Pearl available on the TL in Canada and on the Civic and Accord here in the U.S.

According to an exec at my regional Acura zone office, there were only a couple of hundred or so made in my EXACT combination and it is therefore amongst the rearest.
DGP

Old 05-23-2006, 02:38 PM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Dgp

Love the DGP color!

I have only seen one in our area and only one time. The guy who was driving it had his windows tinted; it looked really nice! Although, it kills me around here about the tinting issue. Some people have it on for years (and really dark) and don't get busted. My b/f had tints on our "beater car" and he gets pulled over a month ago - after 10 years of owning the freaking car. Anyway....

There was also a TL I saw parked in a CVS parking lot a while back. I looked at it and fell in love. It was RR color with the ASPEC package; it was beautiful.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:42 PM
Instructor

I love my DGP and have yet to see another one in northern Ohio. I would be curious to know just how many DGPs were produced by Acura in the 04-05 model year. I do believe that the TSX comes in DGP this year.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:05 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by DMZ
Of all the colors available, DGP was by far the classiest and most exclusive. I wanted to be different as all the cars I've ever owned were what most people DIDN'T have. I know the 3G TL looks great in any color, but all I see are silver, black, gray, and white by the dozen here in NY. The only other color I'd consider the is the Copper Bronze Pearl available on the TL in Canada and on the Civic and Accord here in the U.S.

According to an exec at my regional Acura zone office, there were only a couple of hundred or so made in my EXACT combination and it is therefore amongst the rearest.
DGP

Beautiful car, DMZ. I would have to agree that if the Copper Bronze Pearl had been available, I would have jumped on it.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:00 AM
Import and Domestic owner

Originally Posted by Warren803
Yes, I regret my color. I have a 05 Nighthawk Black Pearl TL. It looks so damn good when its clean, but the upkeep of this color is ridiculous. You see every nick and scratch on this color and dirt is very visible on black. Swirls are also ridiculous, and who has time to spend 7 hours to zaino their car? When it is clean and swirl free though, this color can't be beat. I wish I had gotten WDP or Anthracite. Hey, wanna trade?... Too bad urs is auto...
I second that, I hate my NBP because it is so hard to maintain. When dirty is looks like shit. When clean it looks awesome. But it only stays clean for a few days.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:07 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by DMZ

DGP

What is "Side Marker Turn Signals Conversion?"

Thanks
Old 05-24-2006, 08:26 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

What is "Side Marker Turn Signals Conversion?"

Thanks
My front fender side marker lights blink with the turn signals.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:16 AM
Tint The Windshield

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
NBP Owner

I got a Nighthawk Black one now and use to have a 1st Gen white pearl. I would have def. got another white one with black interior but didnt even bother to see if they had that color combo. For some reason I didn't think they would make a white car with black interior. And I also didn't want to have the same car, the same color, for like a decade straight. But having the black is very nice. It turns heads, is very unique (bc when I go to meets its one of very few black cars there), and can't be beat when its all perfect and cleaned. Plus, it's garage kept so that helps keep a lot of the eliments off of it. I did at 1st think about going back to the dealer with 5,000 miles on my car and trading it in for a white one, but already put the $600 dollar clear bra on it, etc. and didn't want to throw that money away.

Old 05-24-2006, 09:31 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Originally Posted by gurneyeagle
Beautiful car, DMZ. I would have to agree that if the Copper Bronze Pearl had been available, I would have jumped on it.
Thanks!

I'll bet Copper Bronze Pearl will be available on the '07.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:37 PM
Intermediate

I dont regret choosing my 06 TL in alabaster silver. My mom has an 04 TL in WDP and I would have purchased the same color if the front/rear bumpers would match the color of the body. My Acura dealer and corporate Acura I spoke with both say that "it was desinged that way"...I love both silver and pearl white.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:52 PM
La Chica loca y QUE??

Am I happy with my car? Eh, no, not really. We'll, let me correct myself. I am happy with the car per se, but not the color. So, I am unique and have Desert Metallic, but I feel old driving the car, because I'm 26 and have a sense of an older persons taste of color . I'm not crazy about the interior either. Light woodgrain and beige practically. Yeah, talking about keeping the inside clean is not fun at all.

The only reason I bought the car was because it was kind of a pressured type thing. The car was 29,995 with only 11K miles, no Navi, but didn't care for it either. I wish I could get another color combo. I love the blue ones, they are sweeet.

I won't tell my husband though, and just suck it up for the next 5 years, yeah!

What would ya'll do? The car has 12,500 miles now.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:03 PM
Advanced

My Anthracite

I have an anthracite TL 05...I keep thinking I should have gotten the silver but oh well...done is done. I noticed it is very hard to keep it clean with anthracite or I am assuming for most of the darker color TLs. But I wash my car almost every weekend so it is ok. In the winter, I just have to deal with the dirt every couple of days.

With A spec body kit and lip spoiler with metalic tint, anthracite does look sexy so I am happy about it.

Just ordered extra silde grills and center grills, thinking of painting them in silver and put some silver mesh grill. I dont think nobody yet done the center grill. This will be my summer project. They should comes out pretty clean and stands out with my anthracite body.

Also got extra emblems so that I can have them chromorize (Not a word?) in black pearl from Lexus or Acura.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:34 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes sometimes, here's the dilema

My favorite combo is black on black. I'm a clean nut, wax my car often, dust my car off when it's been outside (people at work think I'm nuts), don't mind keeping a black car clean.

Live in NJ, during the winter you pretty much have to go to a carwash. Hard to wash a car when it's 20 degress outside!

The problem:

I bought this car, didn't lease it. I knew that the eventual fine lines and scratches that always show after awhile would drive me CRAZY! Had an 03 Volvo S80 that was so shiny that people at work would complain that my car caused a glare on their pc screens. But I knew where the scratches, chips, lines where, was leased I didn't care.

Anyway I bought a Alabaster Silver w/Ebony. Everytime I see a clean black tl go by I sigh. But the silver is nice I can live with it and I know the appearence of the paint will be better than black.

Dave
Old 05-25-2006, 02:37 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ChicaTL
Am I happy with my car? Eh, no, not really. We'll, let me correct myself. I am happy with the car per se, but not the color. So, I am unique and have Desert Metallic, but I feel old driving the car, because I'm 26 and have a sense of an older persons taste of color . I'm not crazy about the interior either. Light woodgrain and beige practically. Yeah, talking about keeping the inside clean is not fun at all.

The only reason I bought the car was because it was kind of a pressured type thing. The car was 29,995 with only 11K miles, no Navi, but didn't care for it either. I wish I could get another color combo. I love the blue ones, they are sweeet.

I won't tell my husband though, and just suck it up for the next 5 years, yeah!

What would ya'll do? The car has 12,500 miles now.

Actually I like the Desert Metallic (and I'm old, lol), you really don't see many of them on the road. But I prefer the quartz or ebony interiors.

Dave
Old 05-25-2006, 02:45 PM
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 40 Posts
I hate that silver can be soo boring sometimes. But red's too flashy for me, black's too much upkeep for me, blue is to soft for me and i know it'd get old after a while, green is not sporty enough for me (unless its BRG on a jag or aston martin or something), and white is just....not for me. So i guess silver is what i had to get. My ferrari will be red though, when I get it. No doubt about that. Oh yea, and my NSX will be blue. See, the important things, i've got them all figured out