Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do Acura Service Surveys mean anything?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 10:17 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do Acura Service Surveys mean anything?

I got my 4 week old TL back from the dealership a few days ago. They were troubleshooting a problem of static on the Radio when the rear defog was on. They fixed nothing and just ordered a new rear window. I washed my car this weekend and the dealership left grease all over the car. Front, Roof, trunk, and both sides. Someone working on the car must have had grease on themselves and got it EVERYWHERE. These were huge black grease spots on a white car. Granted, it was raining when I picked up the car but what the heck?? They also left greasy fingerprints on my parchment interior all around the rear window. I’m pissed that they would have no regard for a brand new parchment interior and then leave it that way. Not to mention the hour it took me to rub the grease off the outside.
I got an Acura survey and I’m wondering how to proceed. I am planning on saying something to the dealership when I bring the car back for the rear window replacement. I've not heard from them since they placed the order for the new window. Should I call to dealership or should I fill out the survey to complain? I don’t want to piss off the dealership but I’m pissed myself. Will the dealership even hear about a negative Acura survey? Thanks for any help or ideas !
Old 02-01-2006, 10:24 AM
Instructor

yes they will be affected by a negative survey jus make sure when you send it in the adress is to acura corp not the dealer...
Old 02-01-2006, 10:39 AM
Cruisin'

It's an on-line survey that leads you through the screens. The sender of the EMail was mail@servicesurvey.acura.com@Internet. Is this the dealership or Acura Corporate?
Old 02-01-2006, 01:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Its Acura Corporate
Old 02-01-2006, 09:35 PM
Racer

This seems to be a problem no matter which brand of car you purchase. I always visually inspect my car before leaving the service department. I am checking the outside of the car for door dings or scratches as well as any grease marks. Check the interior and floor mats for grease or scuff marks. Check the lower door sills for damage from scuff marks or grease marks.

Don't forget to check your rims for damage.

In hindsight, you could have taken pictures of the grease marks on the outside and inside of the car before you clean the car.

Or you could have returned to the dealership the next day and have the service manager explain why your car is being treated like it is a shop rag. Then make the dealership clean the car while they give you a loaner and a free oil change for the inconvenience.

By all means, fill-out the survey with the facts. Rate Acura and the dealership the way you would be rated by your customers if you damaged their personal property.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:28 PM
Cruisin'

Here's what I would do, I would contact the dealer/service manager, describe the condition of the car when you picked it up, tell him that you have been contacted by Acura to do a survey and that you would like to give him the opportunity to make things right before participating in the survey, if you slam them before the repairs are completed you have no leverage.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:49 PM
Make MyTL Great Again

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by hogan64
I got my 4 week old TL back from the dealership a few days ago. They were troubleshooting a problem of static on the Radio when the rear defog was on. They fixed nothing and just ordered a new rear window.

Hogan, can you give more details of your problem? I have the same issue which Acura has not been able to fix. I think it has to be from taking off the temp license plate (which they should have just put on with scotch tape instead of the adhesive glue. When it is cold out/the rear windshield is very wet, the static on FM is very noticable.