Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DIY: Rattle center speaker, intake rubbing, LED dome light, custom LED DRL

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 03:21 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DIY: Rattle center speaker, intake rubbing, LED dome light, custom LED DRL

Maybe someone posted the same DIY before, anyway just wanna to help anyone have the same issue like me.

1) rattle center speaker -fixed
2) intake rubbing -fixed ( better than before )
3) LED dome light
4) Custom LED DRL -in progess

-----------------------------------------------------
1)

Took me 10 mintues to take it off. ( just don't scare you will scatch anything or what, use a "-" screw driver to pull up one side first then another side. ) I pull up the right side first, then down -> up -> left.

I remember some AZ members want to know our center speaker is 2 ohm or 4 ohm. Here is the picture.

Here is what I did to fix the rattle. Its pretty thick almost half inch thick. Got it from dealer. ( They don't fix problems on sunday ) I was like WTF.....I went there for 45 miles....

I thought I made some scatches....

After clean up, it looks fine!! And it sits just like before.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2)
Here is some photos for what I did to fix the AEM V2 intake rubbing issue, after that I still hear a little squeak noise in high RPM but a lot better than before.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3) It is a easy DIY, but I am going to show a easier way to take off the dome light cover and 100% no scatches!

Grab a useless card and do the same thing like the picture below, either push in harder or pull out harder then the cover comes off automatically.

Very bright....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4) (still work in progess, I will post the final result after a week...)
What I need:
-20 pcs 5W high power LED (194 size)
-20 pcs marble ( I bought 20 bottles of japanese soda with marble)

-Dremel 8200 12V
-Dremel workstation
-a plastic board from lows

The marble is doing the projector job, focus the light to the front.

Here is a demo..without the marble. The LED will look X2 bigger after adding the marble...

More photos will come up in one week.

The following users liked this post:
david_vang (11-17-2012)
Old 12-20-2010, 08:36 AM
FTW

Received 84 Likes on 45 Posts
Nice
Old 12-20-2010, 09:08 AM
under renovations....

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Are you putting those LEDs inside the drl area of the headlight or like Audi style. Or are you trying to achieve that infiniti look if I'm correct. Don't they have those marble style headlights?
Old 12-22-2010, 01:16 AM
Instructor

Talking

Originally Posted by CubanLynx84
Are you putting those LEDs inside the drl area of the headlight or like Audi style. Or are you trying to achieve that infiniti look if I'm correct. Don't they have those marble style headlights?
I am going to put that on the front bumper under grill...i wanted to put tht inside the headlight but.....i am too lazy..
Old 12-22-2010, 04:10 AM
8th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
sick idea

i had an idea to line up 8 of those 1w leds for DRL myself, problem was there was too much color variation with the ones I got from ebay = project scratched
Old 12-22-2010, 04:57 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by shenaniganz08
sick idea

i had an idea to line up 8 of those 1w leds for DRL myself, problem was there was too much color variation with the ones I got from ebay = project scratched
I ordered my 5W LED from japan...they are ~28 for a pair...I ordered 17 pairs but they gave me 35pcs...lol

They are pretty bright with 8000K temperature....a little blue but not much...japan products are good, all 35 pcs are in the same quality!!
Old 12-22-2010, 03:11 PM
Rev High; Drive Happy

Received 398 Likes on 332 Posts
Dang! You bought 20 Jap Marble-Sodas instead of buying just a pack of 20 marbles?
Granted those sodas are pretty yummers.
You musta been one thirsty guy! hahah
Old 12-22-2010, 03:54 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cool stuff! I know that Dremel product! i work at Robert Bosch and i distribute all the Dremel products all over Canada! Btw, how much did you get those 2 Dremels for?
Old 02-10-2011, 09:22 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by o4Komodo
Dang! You bought 20 Jap Marble-Sodas instead of buying just a pack of 20 marbles?
Granted those sodas are pretty yummers.
You musta been one thirsty guy! hahah
LOL

Originally Posted by J-ProX
cool stuff! I know that Dremel product! i work at Robert Bosch and i distribute all the Dremel products all over Canada! Btw, how much did you get those 2 Dremels for?
The dremel for $107 at Home Depot and the station for around $50...I got an extra battery for $40 sth
Old 02-10-2011, 09:29 PM
Instructor

It been long time already....I finished my LED but just too lazy to take off my bumper to install it. Until now....

Anyone have an idea how can I connect the wire to make the LED light up even day and night?
Old 02-10-2011, 09:58 PM
Instructor

I don't want to add a switch and I don't want it connect to the "turn signal" light. Anyone have an idea?
Old 02-16-2011, 04:12 AM
Instructor

So I search in AZ and I discover that I can connect the wire to the fuse box with an "ADD-a-FUSE", I look at the car manual and I found the interior fuse box No.32 fuse can do what I wanted but I want to know if anyone knew there is a fuse under hood can do the same thing for me?
I want the light on when I start the engine and off when I turn off the engine. But not light up when the key is in the first position.
Anyones help? I want to install that ASAP and post up photos....
Old 11-17-2012, 11:06 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
sorry for bump. just excited to share that the speaker fix worked great for me. no more center speaker rattle. now i just have some minor rattles in the back.. seems like it could be the sub. and sometimes there's rattle from the driver side door.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:17 AM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
It seems that all the images for your repairs have been deleted somehow! I was wondering specifically how to repair the front center speaker rattle. If you could repost the picture for this and what you used, I would be grateful! Thanks!!!
Old 05-19-2013, 11:28 AM

Received 705 Likes on 538 Posts
Do you realize how old the OP is?
Old 05-19-2013, 03:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 362 Likes on 241 Posts
This tends to happen with old DIY threads. The photos are removed or the links die after a certain time period.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:25 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Ok I admit the posting is old, but I'm sure people are going to continue having these issues, so I'm just wondering if anyone else has had any luck fixing that center speaker rattle, because its driving me nuts! I've already tried putting some thin foam weatherstripping around the edges of where the speaker lid sits, but it hasn't helped at all. I thought it would since even the slightest pressure from my hand on top of the cover while driving seems to make the rattle go away. Just wondering if a bunched up rag or similar actually underneath the speaker to push up on it from underneath might help?
Old 05-21-2013, 09:59 PM
Engineer in Training

Received 127 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally Posted by greg27
Ok I admit the posting is old, but I'm sure people are going to continue having these issues, so I'm just wondering if anyone else has had any luck fixing that center speaker rattle, because its driving me nuts! I've already tried putting some thin foam weatherstripping around the edges of where the speaker lid sits, but it hasn't helped at all. I thought it would since even the slightest pressure from my hand on top of the cover while driving seems to make the rattle go away. Just wondering if a bunched up rag or similar actually underneath the speaker to push up on it from underneath might help?
Sounds like you're attacking the problem from the wrong angle.....literally. If you place your hand on top of it (vertical movement) and it silences it, but adding foam in the sides (horizontal movement) doesn't, then it sounds like the cover needs to be kept from bouncing up and down. I would pull the cover off, and place foam on the bottom of the cover anywhere it touches anything but the speaker cone and/or surround.