Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did Any One Get There Car At Westchester Acura

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 04:51 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Did Any One Get There Car At Westchester Acura

Did Any One Get There Car At Westchester Acura And How Are That When It Comes To Service?
Old 04-30-2005, 10:22 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
The service over there is excellent. The manager and service advisors have been pretty good to me so far in last 3 visits.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:14 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When looking for my tl, I went to 3 dealers. westchester as mentioned by above poster, curry acura in scarsdale(also in westchester county for you non new yorkers) and manhattan acura.
I took a test drive at both the curry and manhattan. I was ready to buy and got price quotes from each.
I went to westchester acura, and told them my quotes, and they got real huffy, saying we are a "westchester dealer, and get westchester prices". And this was before any negotiationg. I needed to buy a car fast, and have it that day or the next. Cash deal, real quick.
Well curry, seemed to be a bunch of fuddy duddys(is that a word) I called up my sales person in manhattan acura. Told him exactly what I wanted, and he gave me what I thought was a real fair offer. I drove the 20 minutes to go down there. Wound up with another five hundred dollars off the vehicle off his quoted price and got an extra dealer option thrown in. Transaction took about 1.5 hours. I know I might have even gotten a better deal, but my experience there was so positive, I was satisfied and wanted to get the paper work done. They even went out and got me a sandwich when they heard my stomach growling.
I dont know about their service department yet, but the salesmen took me into the service to meet some of the mechanics and crew, and was pleasantly greeted.
Thats all I have to say. Westchest Acura with their thumbs up their nose , can kiss my @ss.
Old 05-01-2005, 02:36 PM
Moderator Alumnus

flatfoot, sorry to hear that, they obviously failed to treat you right.

IMO, I went to Manhattan, too, but it's not right for me, should I kick them? Well, I didn't get my car from Westchester, either.

Have you done any services in Manhattan Acura yet?? Thanks.
Old 05-01-2005, 08:13 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Do You Let Them Wash It There

Originally Posted by rets
The service over there is excellent. The manager and service advisors have been pretty good to me so far in last 3 visits.
DO YOU LET THEM WASH IT THERE?
Old 05-01-2005, 09:48 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by acura911
DO YOU LET THEM WASH IT THERE?
Visited 3 times, yes, handwashed 3 times so far. Don't expect they woulld do the thorough wash though. Btw, I'm not sure if they will "brush" your car in winter...

Why I'm the only one ever being that dealership??
Old 05-01-2005, 11:44 PM
Advanced

I bought my car at Acura of Westchester. I got a quote from their internet mgr and he found the car in NJ and I had it a few days later. I haven't had to bring it for service yet (only about 1800 miles so far). I felt like I got excellent service in the purchasing process. They didn't even try to sell me any extras. I tried to get a quote from Curry from the internet but their mgr kept telling me to come into the dealership and refused to give me a quote.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:17 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by rets
flatfoot, sorry to hear that, they obviously failed to treat you right.

IMO, I went to Manhattan, too, but it's not right for me, should I kick them? Well, I didn't get my car from Westchester, either.

Have you done any services in Manhattan Acura yet?? Thanks.
Hi rets:

This is a very new purchase, and have not brought it in for servicing as yet, but plan on bringing it in soon.
I work only a few blocks away from dealer, so it worked out for the best I think, that I purchased there, but I was going for the best(reasonable price). I was not being hard handed.
I dont know what westcheste acuras problem was with me, maybee I was wearing jeans and not the normal yuppie khakis and polo sport shirt. I showed the salesman the price(I had dealers firm offiers on this quote- and eventually got it for five hundred dollars less, and one extra dealer option thrown in) They got upset and announced "we are a westchester car dealership, and we dont sell cars at that price. )
Well I figure, if the other dealership went down by five hundred dollars, there had to be a minimum of five hundred dollars profit for the vechicle for them.
But the salesman had an attitude, and basically showed me the door.
Manhattan Acura, couldnt be kinder, and more patient, and helpful, and we concluded our business pretty quickly.
I will post on my service experience when it happens.
Anyway else buy their car at manhattan acura? how is the service dept?
Old 05-02-2005, 10:31 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Smile

Originally Posted by flatfoot
... "we are a westchester car dealership, and we dont sell cars at that price. )...But the salesman had an attitude, and basically showed me the door. Manhattan Acura, couldnt be kinder, and more patient, and helpful, and we concluded our business pretty quickly....I will post on my service experience when it happens...Anyway else buy their car at manhattan acura? how is the service dept?
Understood. I'd hate those words coming out of any dealers' big mouth, too.

Good luck with your future services. Maybe you could start the new thread to ask. I know many of members getting theirs from Manhattan's Acura dealer. Their space/bay seem cramp but full-rigged, IMO.