Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealship Blues ( I NEED HELP)

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 07:11 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Dealship Blues ( I NEED HELP)

Okay. So my car has been in the dealership for about 3 weeks for a list of things...1.) Brakes 2.)Pillar over passenger seatbelt 3.)Rattles (silver stuff around shifter and drivers side AC vent) 4.)Sunroof 8.) Pulls to the right
So I got a call today from my dealership (from the general manager) and he told me my expectations are way too high! Who is he to tell me that?!? All I ask is that my car does not make noise and everything is in place and working. I asked for someone over me and he said he is it. Any advise what do to? I don't think I'm asking to much... And even if I was I don't think I should be talked to by a dealership like that...do you? HELP.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:46 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Mmm, unless you're complaining about tiny little things, that list of problems doesn't seem to be too demanding or anything.

Nonetheless, they shouldn't talk to you like that. If they can't fix it, then they can't. They shouldn't get an attitude over it, just because their incompetence hinders them from meeting a customer's satisfaction.

Okay, now a question for you... are you a girl? Don't take it the wrong way. I'm only asking, because some of my girl friends have been had by dealerships, and been given attitude. It's no myth that women are easier prey at the dealerships than men.

I swear I'm not a sexist.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:19 PM
Safety Car

It's taking them 3 weeks to fix this kind of stuff?
Old 02-03-2006, 08:21 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

Yeah shes a "girl" but Im sure she prefers "woman " =)
Old 02-03-2006, 08:53 PM
Cruisin'

Take it to the dealership you purchased it from and if they do not do it right try others.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:57 PM
Instructor

Yes I'm a girl.
Yes it has taken this dealership (which is where I bought the car) 3 weeks.

I have gone to the other dealerships but I just dont like the other one. I go pick up my car tomorrow. We having a meeting - all the Acura managers and I. I need to find who is above him. I don't think I should be treated that way not because I'm a girl nor because of my age.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:16 PM
not vtech... VTEC!!!

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't like the setup... bring a guy... boyfriend, guy friend, dad to be with you. You do not want to be in a meeting by yourself with all of them. With a guy with you they would think twice before making stuff up and/or saying something rude.

You really should bring some guy w/ you. Not being a sexist, but he will make your meeting a lot more productive.

Oh, one more thing, call Acura.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:33 PM
I'm Baaack!

Hey Brooke - Sorry you're having so many probs .. I agree with Kenny if for no other reason, but if you get some red neck who thinks chicks don't know about cars at least you'll trump him by bringing a guy.

Just keep your cool, and keep asking questions .. like is it normal for this car to pull to the right? Should I expect a 35k car to rattle? Exactly which one of my expectations do you consider to be out of line? Is it usual for your service manager to call and berate a customer?

Good luck! Let us know how it goes!
Old 02-03-2006, 11:24 PM
Safety Car

Hell, you should bring 2 guys, 1 guy friend/boyfriend and the other, a lawyer.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:32 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by KatyTL
1.) Brakes
2.)Pillar over passenger seatbelt
3.)Rattles (silver stuff around shifter and drivers side AC vent)
4.)Sunroof
5.) Pulls to the right
You didn't describe your brake problem, but brake systems are not difficult to fix. Points 2, 3 and 4 are interior problems. Fit and finish should be solid upon delivery. Loose air vents and interior parts not damaged from negligence should be replaced with no questions asked.

I took delivery on my TL months before you and have no problems with rattles other than a few things in my glove box. As for your car pulling to the right, that is either an alignment problem or you have a leak in your tire. All of these things can be fixed in short order unless parts are on backorder.

The other guys are right. Sorry that the auto world is still a bit sexist, but you should bring a guy that's knowledgable about cars and car service with you to the dealer. If you don't get satisfaction on this next visit, escalate this problem to Acura corporate. I've never had to deal with Honda/Acura corporate, but if they're anything like Toyota/Lexus, customer complaints are taken VERY seriously.

Toyota corporate must fine their dealerships for infractions on customer satisfaction because my father and brother took delivery on a 4Runner without air conditioning. They asked for it when they listed the options they wanted, but the salesman delivered the vehicle without A/C. Amazing that the salesman left the A/C out on a fully loaded black 4Runner - in ATLANTA. My brother ended up paying dealer cost plus installation AFTER Toyota corporate threw the book at the floor manager.

Sorry you got the runaround. I hope you get this resolved quickly.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:55 PM
Instructor

Hi KatyTl go here
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...3&page=3&pp=25

The only one they recommend is TX is:
Vandergriff Acura - Arlington TX - Bill Westgate is an excellent service advisor.
MAybe give them a shot and let us know if that helps.
Good Luck with everything and take a guy with you. The dealership wouldn't do a thing for my girlfriends mom until her dad call and told them to take car of things.
Old 02-04-2006, 07:15 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by pzero23
Hi KatyTl go here
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...3&page=3&pp=25

The only one they recommend is TX is:
Vandergriff Acura - Arlington TX - Bill Westgate is an excellent service advisor.
MAybe give them a shot and let us know if that helps.
Good Luck with everything and take a guy with you. The dealership wouldn't do a thing for my girlfriends mom until her dad call and told them to take car of things.
Only prblm I think Katy tx and Arlington tx are almost 300miles apart
Old 02-04-2006, 09:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jimmyjet
Toyota corporate must fine their dealerships for infractions on customer satisfaction because my father and brother took delivery on a 4Runner without air conditioning. They asked for it when they listed the options they wanted, but the salesman delivered the vehicle without A/C. Amazing that the salesman left the A/C out on a fully loaded black 4Runner - in ATLANTA. My brother ended up paying dealer cost plus installation AFTER Toyota corporate threw the book at the floor manager.

Sorry you got the runaround. I hope you get this resolved quickly.

It's too bad that they dont take after Toyota. Honda/Acura ACS is brutal for service.
Old 02-04-2006, 10:06 AM
Instructor

Okay well this is short. I was just reading over and had to tell yall what I was told over the phone as to why my car pulls...MAKE SURE YOU ARE SITTING DOWN...even I (a GIRL) had to laugh at this...

The reason my car pulls to the right is because...
That is how the Texas roads are. They are built with a slant so water will run off!!

I would love to take a guy but none are around right now and they said they want their loaner back no later than noon today. I will see how this BS "meeting" goes and I will let yall know what comes from it. If anyone knows or can find the Acura corp. number I would ever so thank you! Talk to you guy when I get back. I'm off to the dealership now
Old 02-04-2006, 10:15 AM
Dragging knees in

Ah, the infamous road excuse.

When my brand new Tahoe pulled to the right, the master mechanics told me and my father that these trucks are built for towing, thus spending most of its life in the right lane. So to compensate for the slanted road, they made the car to veer to one side....

Okay, sure... except the fucking car pulled to the RIGHT. My father wrote a letter to the Chevrolet Zone Manager and Chevrolet corporate. When we went back for another problem, that mechanic was no longer there. The service advisor said he was fired.

That's what he gets for making up total bullshit. I hope he's working at a junkyard getting paid minimum wage somewhere.

But yeah, don't let them dick around you like that. Contact the Acura Client Services and file a formal complaint at (800) 382-2238. And when you get a service satisfaction survey from the dealership, make sure to voice your opinion on their incompetence and deceitfulness.
Old 02-04-2006, 10:38 AM
Instructor

Katy - Sorry to hear you're having these problems. I'm female also and was treated poorly (like I'm stupid) a few days ago. Funny thing is, I know more about this car than the salesman!
Old 02-04-2006, 11:51 AM
Intermediate

Well, generally newer roads do slant towards the edge. Facilitates water run off.

The road slant theory is easy to test - go for a ride with them on a multi-lane highway. Investigate pull in the right, middle, and left lane. If it is in fact the road that you are fighting, the pull should go away as you move left.

Every road I've been on, esp. freeways, are 'humped' in the middle. I hope y'all ain't building them high on the left and low on the right in Texas.

I'm not a highway engineer. I learned this a few years ago when I had a new Honda that pulled to the right. The service manager had me try the drive middle and left lane evaluation. It convinced me.

Good luck;
Old 02-04-2006, 12:01 PM
Intermediate

Ok...

I lived in Houston for 11 years and can tell you that a lot of the BS and run around goes with the dealership you go to.
Which dealership is the TL at. Once we know this, we'll have a better idea of which others to suggest.

btw...I love my TL but Acura service is horrible. Until they realize that brand loyalty comes with time, they will never be able to play with the big boys.
Unfortunately, my next car won't be an Acura for precisely this reason.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:30 PM
not vtech... VTEC!!!

Originally Posted by mr disco
Ok...

I lived in Houston for 11 years and can tell you that a lot of the BS and run around goes with the dealership you go to.
Which dealership is the TL at. Once we know this, we'll have a better idea of which others to suggest.

btw...I love my TL but Acura service is horrible. Until they realize that brand loyalty comes with time, they will never be able to play with the big boys.
Unfortunately, my next car won't be an Acura for precisely this reason.
Hehe! I came back to Acura because of the good service - pre AND after sale.

It really varies by which dealership you're dealing with. Mine has been great to me.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:49 PM
Instructor

Well, I'm back from the dealership (and for those who asked it is Sterling McCall off of 59 and beltway) WITH my car. That's a start. I will now report this all to Acura. The general MANAGER wanted this meeting then I start asking questions and he became SPEECHLESS! He said its all normal its all normal. I said what my car falling apart he said it's not. I said well what about the part by the seatbelt he said well I don't know enough about what all is going on right AFTER HE HAD JUST SAID HE WAS VERY INVOLVED IN THIS CASE! WTF! This ain't going to stop here even if the problems are fixed. So far it does seem that my problems are gone - I will give it a few days of driving before I'm happy. Grrrr... How dumb do I look. Gosh I wish yall could have been there - you would have had a good laugh. He was so speechless as I rattled of questions then he said I think we are done while I was still talking! Asshole!
Old 02-04-2006, 01:02 PM
not vtech... VTEC!!!

Glad to hear your meeting went ok. I would call Acura ASAP and report your meeting as right now it is still fresh in your memory.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:04 PM
Instructor

I should have taken a tape recorder HAHA He said a few things on the phone then in person said umm I never said that. DUMBASS! I will contact Acura Monday for sure. I will type up a complaint this weekend because I'm also sending it in to the BBB.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:36 PM
Instructor

DO what Pure said Contact the Acura Client Services and file a formal complaint at (800) 382-2238. They know that they are wrong and I would try to call another dealer to see if they could look at your problem.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:46 PM
Cruisin'

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
I should have taken a tape recorder HAHA He said a few things on the phone then in person said umm I never said that. DUMBASS! I will contact Acura Monday for sure. I will type up a complaint this weekend because I'm also sending it in to the BBB.

Find out who own the dealership and file a complain there. ACS is garbage so don't contact them because they are staffed with note takers. That's it ACS don't really care about you or your car.

I was having problems with my dealership so I called Autonation who own/run the place. Got to talk to VP of PR and VP of CS, boom next day, the GM called me back and seriously wanted to fix my problems.

Also when you go for test drive, choose the road of your choice, because if not, they will pick some roads that will not exhibit the problems. I was having problems w/ was pulling to the right and rattles but the techs wanted to drive on their own favorite roads but I said NO, we went for a drive 10 miles away from the dealership and whola, they admitted the problems. Another thing to watch out is the acura techs. Yeah Acura trained techs alright. Some are clueless.

Honda build quality has been going downhill for some time now even the japanese guy who Honda admitted it. No, the problem is not because they are built in USA. The process and materials are no good. period. When you cut corners, bad things happen.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:00 PM
Instructor

My only problem is I don't know how to find the owner of the dealership. This guy the general manager wont give any names or numbers to anyone higher tham him. He SAYS he is IT! I don't know what else to do to get that kind of info.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:11 PM
Instructor

Try to ask the BBB for the information. They should have that for you if the person is a member.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:23 PM
Dragging knees in

I just looked up the BBB information. I can't direct link to the page, so you will have to put in the search info yourself at the following page --

http://search.bbb.org/

Just type in "Sterling McCall", choose TX and Acura will be the first one on the search result list.

Looks like Bob Gannon is the contact. He's the General Manager. Is that who you talk to?

BBB also lists a Jerry Bush as a contact. No position listed specifically for him, but a Google search says he's also a General Manager.

BBB has had 3 complaints against Sterling McCall Acura, and every one of them is listed as resolved. So that might be a good way to show them you're serious, and it does look like they care of the complaints via BBB.

I would still file a complaint with Acura Client Services. And also file a complaint with BBB and let Acura CS know that you're doing so. Also call the dealership once more, and let them know the course of action you're taking, IF the situation/problems aren't resolved.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:26 PM
not vtech... VTEC!!!

Sterling McCall Acura
10455 Southwest Freeway
Houston, TX 77074

The Better Business Bureau reports on members and non-members. Membership in the BBB is voluntary. Members must meet and maintain BBB standards. If a company is a member of the BBB, it is stated in this report.

Original Business Start Date: 12/05/85
Principal: Bob Cannon, General Manager
Phone Number: 713-596-2300
Fax Number: 713-774-0107
Membership Status: no
Type of Business: Auto Dealers-New Cars

NATURE OF BUSINESS

This company is an automobile dealership, new and used auto, parts and accessories..

CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE

Based on BBB files, this company has a satisfactory record with the Bureau.

To have a "Satisfactory Record" with the Bureau, a company must be in business for at least 12 months, properly and promptly address matters referred to it by the Bureau, and be free from an unusual volume or pattern of complaints and law enforcement action involving its marketplace conduct. In addition, the Bureau must have a clear understanding of the company's business and no concerns about its industry.

When evaluating complaint information, please consider the company's size and volume of business. The number of complaints filed against the company may not be as important as the type of complaints and how the company handled them.

Closed Complaints
Number of complaints processed by the BBB in last 36 Months: 3
Number of complaints processed by the BBB in last 12 months: 1

Complaints Concerned
Sales Issues: 1
Outcome of the complaint -
Resolved: 1

Repair or Service Issues: 1

Refund or Exchange Issues: 1

ADDITIONAL BUSINESS NAMES

This company also does business as:
Group 1 Automotive, Inc..

ADDITIONAL TELEPHONE NUMBERS

Additional phone numbers for this company include:
(713) 228-7279.

COMPANY MANAGEMENT

Additional company management personnel include:
Jerry Bush and Bob Cannon, General Manager.

REPORT DATE: 01/25/2006

Info on Group 1 Automotive...

Group 1 Automotive, Inc.
950 Echo Lane
Suite 100
Houston, Texas 77024

Phone: 713-647-5700
Fax: 713-647-5858

Looks like you need to find Frank Grese Jr...
Old 02-04-2006, 03:37 PM
Instructor

Bob is who I have been dealing with and he is the general manager. He got the district and regional managers and a red for Honda involed in my case and I have spoke with them all. I need to go high and they refuse me info on who is next in line.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:59 PM
Instructor

Sounds like its going to get nasty, maybe seek some legal advice.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:58 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,148 Likes on 775 Posts
Ownership info & Lemon Law

My only problem is I don't know how to find the owner of the dealership. This guy the general manager wont give any names or numbers to anyone higher tham him. He SAYS he is IT! I don't know what else to do to get that kind of info.
KatyTL,
The owner of the dealership, corporate or individual, is usually public record and available off the County Recorder or Secretary of State website (at least in CA).

I suggest contacting Acura Concierge or whichever Acura dept. deals with our ownership experience per the owner's manual ASAP, before trying on your own to get the zone manager or whoever is above the service manager.

Any problems w/brakes and pulling to one side would fall under Magnusson Moss Warranty Act (federal) or equivalent "lemon law" in Texas. I defended these claims (all cases were against GM, even though Toyota was a client of my former law firm as well...) in California a decade ago. I assume the dealership just got their first of three chances to correct these items. The rattles should also be easily correctable, given the solutions in these threads, although they (arguably) do not fall under lemon law. Feel free to tell Acura you have been in contact with a trial lawyer TL owner about Magnusson Moss who is hoping this problem gets resolved so he doesn't need to give you referrals to law firms in Dallas or Houston. Good luck.
Old 02-04-2006, 06:09 PM
Cruisin'

Why dont we stop and think about this...Making complaints to BBB will not matter.... (waist of your time and typing) Complaining to Acura will no matter...(waist of your time and typing)and trying to find a higher up (most people try this) will not matter. Your best bet is go to different dealers until you get the results you want and hopefully word about you does not get around to other dealerships because I am sure they network amongst themselves.
Old 02-04-2006, 06:12 PM
Instructor

I used to go to the dealer closer to my house once my service advisor left things went down hill there. They really are worthless. The other dealership is hours away.