Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership Service

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 03:52 PM
I'm in

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
Dealership Service

After having some clicking popping sounds, squealing brakes, HFL acting up, suspension eating my tires since I never had an alignment done I decided to take my car to my dealer to have them address these issues. I've had the car just a little over two years [purchased 8-05-04] and only 21000 miles. Not very many miles for two years of owning it.

I scheduled an appointment to have them look at my car, told them everything and they said they'd look at it. My car is currently at the dealership, hoping they'll fix my problems.

Heres the thing I purchased my TL with the Aspec package installed, which was the steering wheel, wheels, badge, suspension, bodykit..... If I would have been part of this site prior to owning my TL I would have bought a stock TL and mod it myself, but that didn't happen. As most of us know there are two types of Aspec suspensions the 6MT [08W60-SEP-200A] and the Auto [08W60-SEP-200] Curious to see what suspension is installed on my TL I look at my shock and what do I find and Auto Aspec suspension! And I have a manual TL.

I informed my dealer about this, I'll know later today when I pickup my car to see what they did about that. Do you guys think they'll just swap it out for a 6MT? Its there fault in the first place, I bought the fully Aspec'd out from them. For those that are wondering the main difference between the suspensions is the Auto has a higher spring rate to compensate for the heavier [Auto] TL. So it being on my TL which is lighter, not much though, it will raise the front higher than the rear.

Do guys think the dealership will refuse to do it? Should I fight it? Not just that when they installed the suspension they never aligned the car. At 10,000 miles I had to replace my two front tires because the coils were showing on the inside part of the tire. Now i'm at 20,000 miles and I need to replace all my tires, this shouldn't be happening this early.

As for the HFL, sometimes I have to repeat myself more than i should or yell at it... The popping sound well I hear it at low speed while turning and shifting anywhere from 1 - 2 - 3. The squealing brakes still have a little life left in them, but there squealing, so we'll see what they say about that too.

Just thought I'd share that with you folks, I'm hoping they will take care of all the problems. Change out the suspension, maybe change my brake pads, get rid of my clicking popping sound.....etc...

All in all I'm happy with my TL, it been great...