Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer wrinkled my leather

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 11:20 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer wrinkled my leather

I had previously taken my car to the Acura dealer to have window sill replace, and to have my back panel fixed because of rattling from the subwoofer. When I got it back I didn’t look at the rear seat, I just took it home and parked it because I was leaving the next day for a week on business. But when I got back I noticed the rear seat leather interior was wrinkled with little like dips in the seat, as if there had been a lot of people riding in the car.

Now I have had my car for almost a month and I haven’t let no body ride in the back yet. So I assume the technician had his knees on my seat when look at the back panel. I took it back to the dealer and they looked at it and then tried to compare the back seat of a used TL.

So the dealer told me, the only thing they could do was maybe send it out to an upholstery shop, but he said it will probably look worst. Why can’t they just replace the back seat with a new one? What should I do? Can I call Acura headquarters?
Old 10-24-2005, 11:51 AM
ITL
I do my own work.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They could replace the seat for you, but they DON'T have to. I suggest that you go in there with a pleasant, but serious attitude and kindly ask them to replace it for you.

I went in for some warranty work last week and the service manager was telling me of a similar scenario where they messed up a guy's seats. The offered to swap with the same color interior of one of their loaner's. It might be a little harder to get a brand spanking new seat out of it, but you never know. Just try to get them to work with you without being rude.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I guess it depends on how wrinkled it is... I am the only person that rides in my car. maybe once a month there is another person in the front passenger seat. And, maybe once a year there might be someone in the back seat. I can understand how you feel, I would tread lightly with this since they might fix it no problems asked.

I have always gone with the idea that sure the car will age and wear over time, but getting the car serviced should not accelerate the wear and tear process. You can call whoever you want to call on this. I would think that unless the seat cover is ripped or the seams are coming apart you might not get much satisfaction. They might say the replacement cover might not look as good as the original factory installed cover. I have seen dealers offer something like 5 free oil changes to ease thy pain....