Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

From a Dealer guy..Dan at Keyes Acura

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2003, 04:44 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kinggeorge

Dan was suppose to call me back with information on an anthracite/ebony 5AT with navi, but never called me back.. I talked to him about two weeks ago... was yours with navi, or without?
Old 12-24-2003, 05:00 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by kinggeorge
Hey Dan i called you a couple days ago about a new TL (anthracite, ebony, 5AT, with navi) and you were able to find it for me and gave me a great price on the car but what's weird is why weren't you able to match other dealers prices on accessories?
I really really wanted to give you my business (you really are a nice guy from our convos together).
Other dealers were able to give me the following acessories (front,side,rear underbody kit, body side molding, and deck lid spoiler) for $2,100 installed but you quoted me $600 over that price. I'm just asking how is it that if your dealership is #1 why can't you match those prices?

Anyways thanx in advance for your time and your helpfulness, maybe there's yet a chance for me to buy from Keyes.
George..

I offered a 1000 off the car (which I am not currently offering others because of the limited supply of the Navi) I had talked to you a few weeks ago and given you that price so I thought I was doing the honorable thing by still keeping my word on the price. As for the accessories different dealers have different labor charges. I am sure that other dealers will do the accessories for less..But I highly doubt that they would do the price on the car that I offered..The overall deal I am sure was the best you have found. All I can say is I gave you the opportunity and you passed. The car sold the same day and I think you should have taken the deal when offered. With the limited supply of the cars I am not looking to discount a navi that far in the near future. STEALTH is the only one left that I offered that kind of deal 2 and he is going to get one in the next few weeks. Again you have to look at the same whole picture..I am sorry I could not work it out for you..But I think my offer was more than competitive and bottom line the car sold the same day. When it comes to the Navigation unit if you pause..they and I will sell the car. I am sorry it did not work out for you..But I wish you luck. I think you will find that you should have done the deal..I had three people that wanted the anthracite Navi from the forum. STEALTH for example who wants the car at the deal I quoted has lost out twice because the car sold before he could get here..We have worked something out so he will get the next car I get in Anthracite..But again I cannot hold these cars..The deal I offered you was ABOVE average..but again I wish you luck..Dan and on the other dealer quote on accessories..mine was including tax and installation was their quote???
Old 12-24-2003, 05:01 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by HONDARC51
George..

I offered a 1000 off the car the market has now changed because of the limited supply and I am not currently offering that. I had talked to you a few weeks ago and given you that price so I thought I was doing the honorable thing by still keeping my word on the price. As for the accessories different dealers have different labor charges. I am sure that other dealers will do the accessories for less..But I highly doubt that they would do the price on the car that I offered..The overall deal I am sure was the best you have found. All I can say is I gave you the opportunity and you passed. The car sold the same day and I think you should have taken the deal when offered. With the limited supply of the cars I am not looking to discount a navi that far in the near future. STEALTH is the only one left that I offered that kind of deal 2 and he is going to get one in the next few weeks. Again you have to look at the same whole picture..I am sorry I could not work it out for you..But I think my offer was more than competitive and bottom line the car sold the same day. When it comes to the Navigation unit if you pause..they and I will sell the car. I am sorry it did not work out for you..But I wish you luck. I think you will find that you should have done the deal..I had three people that wanted the anthracite Navi from the forum. STEALTH for example who wants the car at the deal I quoted has lost out twice because the car sold before he could get here..We have worked something out so he will get the next car I get in Anthracite..But again I cannot hold these cars..The deal I offered you was ABOVE average..but again I wish you luck..Dan
Old 12-24-2003, 05:05 PM
Instructor

Re: Kinggeorge

Originally posted by tazma61
Dan was suppose to call me back with information on an anthracite/ebony 5AT with navi, but never called me back.. I talked to him about two weeks ago... was yours with navi, or without?
He bought a navi..I only had one and I have a few on the forum that wanted that..he happened to be dealing with one of my salespeople and they called him and he came down and got it. Until I get a better amount available some of the forum members that live a distance away may have to wait. When I only get 1 I try not to call the people from a long way away because it usually sells before they could get here. When I start getting more allocation..with a few of each model I can then fill those orders..Dan
Old 12-24-2003, 05:57 PM
7th Gear

Hey Dan, I had a question. I've talked to a few other dealers and they said that a quote from anyone but a manager is not binding. Is this true? If so, how long is the quote binding if this is true?
Old 12-24-2003, 06:41 PM
Instructor

concerning quotes

Originally posted by fridexter
Hey Dan, I had a question. I've talked to a few other dealers and they said that a quote from anyone but a manager is not binding. Is this true? If so, how long is the quote binding if this is true?
Ok to answer that question and to clear a few other issues here is the answer. If you get a quote from anyone but a manager be very suspicious. The managers make the final call of what number they will take. As for how long is a quote good..those numbers usually change daily depending on current allocations and if the model becomes harder to get (example Navi TL's) I have heard some really low quotes thrown from other dealers and they state they are getting the car in a few months..That makes no sense seeing the cars are allocated so be very suspicious of that as well..All I know is Be really careful when shopping for a NAVI..If it seems to good to be true then usually it is someone just throwing a LOW-BALL..I will tell you how it is and if it works you will do business with me. I do not make empty promises and claim I can get a car at a LOW deal in a few months..alot of things are taken into consideration when I make a decision to take a deal or not. Just do not fall for the empty promise down the road..Find what you can get today and shop at the dealer that HAS a car..for if you do not have a car you can promise anything...YOU NEVER HAVE TO DELIVER..hope that helped. A few times recently I have quoted what I consider a very good deal and the client gets a quote for a little better..then they go cant get the deal or they force added options and then call me back and the car that I have has already sold. What you have to remember is most Acura dealers will sell every car they get..the TL's recently are not distressed merchandise..So do not miss out on a good deal over 400-500 dollars..trust me they will sell the car if you do not buy it..and that is any Acura dealer not just mine My opinion if someone is close and you think you are getting a fair deal and he has a car they can sell you NOW..Buy IT..If not all you are doing is chasing your tail..it is only my opinion but the TL is a good deal anyway and well worth the money no matter where you Buy it..Merry Christmas I am gone...Dan:wow:
Old 12-24-2003, 07:19 PM
7th Gear

Re: concerning quotes

Originally posted by HONDARC51
Ok to answer that question and to clear a few other issues here is the answer. If you get a quote from anyone but a manager be very suspicious. The managers make the final call of what number they will take. As for how long is a quote good..those numbers usually change daily depending on current allocations and if the model becomes harder to get (example Navi TL's) I have heard some really low quotes thrown from other dealers and they state they are getting the car in a few months..That makes no sense seeing the cars are allocated so be very suspicious of that as well..All I know is Be really careful when shopping for a NAVI..If it seems to good to be true then usually it is someone just throwing a LOW-BALL..I will tell you how it is and if it works you will do business with me. I do not make empty promises and claim I can get a car at a LOW deal in a few months..alot of things are taken into consideration when I make a decision to take a deal or not. Just do not fall for the empty promise down the road..Find what you can get today and shop at the dealer that HAS a car..for if you do not have a car you can promise anything...YOU NEVER HAVE TO DELIVER..hope that helped. A few times recently I have quoted what I consider a very good deal and the client gets a quote for a little better..then they go cant get the deal or they force added options and then call me back and the car that I have has already sold. What you have to remember is most Acura dealers will sell every car they get..the TL's recently are not distressed merchandise..So do not miss out on a good deal over 400-500 dollars..trust me they will sell the car if you do not buy it..and that is any Acura dealer not just mine My opinion if someone is close and you think you are getting a fair deal and he has a car they can sell you NOW..Buy IT..If not all you are doing is chasing your tail..it is only my opinion but the TL is a good deal anyway and well worth the money no matter where you Buy it..Merry Christmas I am gone...Dan:wow:
Thank you for your perspective. I ask you this because I'm facing an interesting situation. I'll PM you further details as it has to relate with your dealership but on a different car.

Happy Holidays to you Dan.
Old 12-24-2003, 11:38 PM
Instructor

Re: Re: concerning quotes

Originally posted by fridexter
Thank you for your perspective. I ask you this because I'm facing an interesting situation. I'll PM you further details as it has to relate with your dealership but on a different car.

Happy Holidays to you Dan.
fridexter

NO problem..Feel free to call me on the 26th I will be in from noon till 9..Merry Christmas back at you..Dan
Old 12-28-2003, 03:18 AM
Banned

Originally posted by TL-Rocket
tazma61,

I'd also like to add that in Massachusetts, a car can fail inspection if its ride is noticeable lower than the stock ride height.
I recently had this hassle with my 1990 Honda Accord that I had lowered 1.75".

My question is, if the car is lowered by the dealer with the installation of the A-Spec package, does this become the new "stock" ride height?

Also, if the car is lowered by Comptech with the installation of their parts, does this become the new "stock" ride height?
I'm surprised you had trouble in MA with 1.75"--the law here states the car cannot be lowered (or raised) more than 2" from the original manufacturer specs. Doesn't matter if the dealer does it or not, anything lower than 2" is illegal.
Old 12-29-2003, 01:50 PM
Instructor

Thanks again to TL forum Members

Well the Month is almost over but I wanted to say thanks again to the clients of the forum that bought cars.. 15 total for this month. I appreciate it. Have a great New Year everyone

BTW just got the final Year end numbers. I really appreciate all the TL forum deals the past few months. We ended up the # 1 volume dealer in the Western United States again this Year..third Year in a row..THANKS..
Old 05-23-2005, 11:48 AM
Team Anthracite Member

I bought from Keyes Acura in Vanu Nuys in April, but just barely. I delt with our boy Dan here and didn't have a positive experience. It took his sales manager, Steve Kim (his boss, or claimed to be anyways) calling me back twice and dropping the price to salvage the deal. I won't go into the specifics of the problems because there are always two sides, but suffice it to say this; Dan wrote something to the effect earlier similar to "why would you drive all over town to save $200?". My answer is this; I didn't drive all over town to save the $200, and $200 is still $200 even if I finance it and it "disappears into the payments" right? And if I finance it that $200 will end up being more than $200 right?

I negotiated soley over the internet over the space of around 3 days. I drove out to Van Nuys and bought the car. The delivery went great and De Shawn (the delviery salesman) was very helpful and a great guy.

Maybe Dan was having a day, maybe I was a jerk and didn't realize it. Maybe we miscommunucated and Dan is a fine dude who's kind to small children and animals... Whatever the case, sales guys are sales guys and want to sell cars. They told me that they only had one in stock and "boy howdy, you'd better rush in right now and buy it!!!". I got there and they had around 3 or 4 on the lot, unsold exactly like the one I bought. Personally, I'm willing to wait for a better deal, even for $200, even if I have to wait for a week or two. Why should I give somebody more money? Just for laughs? After the sale why would I ever deal with the sales guy again any ways? I deal with a service writer now.

I don't plan to go back to Keyes for my servicing due to the longer drive and for no other reason. Do you think that Glendale Acura will treat me poorly cause' I didn't buy my car there? Not likelly, service is where the money is for most decent dealers, not sales. Maybe I sound cynical, but the way I look at it, my car is a commodity, the same from one dealer to another. I'm not making a new best buddy when I buy my car. I'm buying my car for the lowest possible price from whoever is willling to sell it to me.
On the other hand, I will try to start a good relationship with my service writer as he's the guy who will be dealing with me over the long term.

BTW, I bought mine for $33,000 +TTL + $1000 for the lower spoiler kit installed.