Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

From a Dealer guy..Dan at Keyes Acura

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2003, 04:23 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
calling all non Navi clients

I will be really pushing the Non Navi's for the end of the month..call me directly and I will give you a quote..final month push. Dan
Old 12-19-2003, 10:13 PM
Instructor

DAN.
I'd bet that single plane intake manifold on that Camaro or Chevelle, could take your VETTE in a minute!
Just kidding.
I think your VETTE would chew it up, spit it down, and use it for traction,!! **SEE Chevrolet.com's forum.**
Back to ACURA products, particularly Third Generation TL's.
I'm still waiting for that Anthracite/Ebony/6MT/Navi from Ted Ryan.
Think you might get it before January15th?
Ted called me today, very stoked I might say, but the bummer was that it was a Non-Navi. He'll get back to me, he said.
Looking forward to dealing w/Keyes Acura. No-nonsense people.
NathanSilver
Old 12-19-2003, 11:14 PM
Instructor

NathanSilver

[QUOTE]Originally posted by NathanSilver
DAN.
I'd bet that single plane intake manifold on that Camaro or Chevelle, could take your VETTE in a minute!
Just kidding.
I think your VETTE would chew it up, spit it down, and use it for traction,!! **SEE Chevrolet.com's forum.**
Back to ACURA products, particularly Third Generation TL's.
I'm still waiting for that Anthracite/Ebony/6MT/Navi from Ted Ryan.
Think you might get it before January15th?
Ted called me today, very stoked I might say, but the bummer was that it was a Non-Navi. He'll get back to me, he said.
Looking forward to dealing w/Keyes Acura. No-nonsense people.
NathanSilver
[/QUO

Appreciate the confidence in the Yellow Monster. glad to see Ted is keeping in touch with you. I am trying everything I can to get your car in time and also a car for Stealth..He wants an Auto Navi..and you the stick..Bear with me..When I cannot get a car in time it bothers me 2..Thanks for your patience. Dan
Old 12-19-2003, 11:15 PM
Instructor

Re: NathanSilver

Originally posted by HONDARC51
I look forward to getting you the car as well. I will admit I have spent a fortune on my Vette..and it is no doubt a potent foe..But I am real familiar with (And owned) older body style camaro's with big blocks. They might not have the top speed..but they are deadly in the quarter mile. I am familiar with his car and I think I will :bowdown: But..my ole 68 might give it a run. only real problem I have with my car is traction..it just loves to make tires bald and is real tricky off the line. the first thing I will have to do before I pick a fight with him is work on setup and a better way to get my power to the ground..(But trust me I am working on it) THe Vette is not finished yet but I will definately be ready soon. lol:smokin:
hmmmm did you notice the nitrous in his picture..he knows what he is doing..Hey STEALTH did you not think I would see that...lol:wow:
Old 12-19-2003, 11:37 PM
10th Gear

Cool Oh come on now...

Either Nathan doesn't know alot about big blocks or he is really buttering you up for a good price Dan! :lol2:

I have a good idea though...what do you say we head out to LACR and make a few passes! For every SECOND I beat the Yellow Monster, you have to knock another $500 off our current deal. However, for every TENTH of a second you beat me, I'll add $500!! What do ya say Dan? (Hint: If your not in the 9's...ya might want to pass on my offer and just run me for fun) :smokin:

One thing is for certain...Dan has one SWEET Vette and should not be messed with by just and car! Talk to ya tomorrow dude!
Old 12-19-2003, 11:45 PM
Instructor

Re: Oh come on now...

Originally posted by stealthjr
Either Nathan doesn't know alot about big blocks or he is really buttering you up for a good price Dan! :lol2:

I have a good idea though...what do you say we head out to LACR and make a few passes! For every SECOND I beat the Yellow Monster, you have to knock another $500 off our current deal. However, for every TENTH of a second you beat me, I'll add $500!! What do ya say Dan? (Hint: If your not in the 9's...ya might want to pass on my offer and just run me for fun) :smokin:

One thing is for certain...Dan has one *****en Vette and should not be messed with by just and car! Talk to ya tomorrow dude!
stealthjr
I am LMAO..I had a felling you would do a flybye..LOW ALTITUDE..With the rest of the work I am doing on the Vette I should get that Monster in the 9's but I may need to table it till my Kateck 7.0L crate motor gets here. Then I will be ready. But for now I bow..to you and that awesome ride you have. But you know me I will spend spend spend till I can get it right..( I have no time to work on it myself..that stealthjr I give you credit for..it looks like you have alot of time in that car)But if you keep sending me pictures of your motor and the way it launches at the line I will use it against you at the track..LOL Ohh Oh I think I picked a fight TBA..not to mention you already have me against the wall on your trade.. I cannot afford to push my luck...talk to you tomorrow..Dan
Old 12-19-2003, 11:49 PM
Instructor

Both sweet rides Dan and Mr. Stealth.
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2?
Or is there a 4/7 swap?
Suck,squeeze,bang,blow.
NathanSilver
Old 12-19-2003, 11:51 PM
Instructor

Pro-Shot?
NathanSilver
Old 12-19-2003, 11:52 PM
Instructor

I hate bad octane

Originally posted by NathanSilver
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2?
Or is there a 4/7 swap?
Suck,squeeze,bang,blow.
NathanSilver

That is a bad thing..A nightmare,I like good fuel pressure. lol
I would give you more info on mine..But shhhhhh Stealth may be listening.. lol
Old 12-19-2003, 11:54 PM
10th Gear

Re: Re: NathanSilver

hmmmm did you notice the nitrous in his picture..he knows what he is doing..Hey STEALTH did you not think I would see that...lol:wow:
You want to hear something funny Dan....I haven't even used it yet! :wow: The motor is new with only about 9 passes on it and I just got back from having it chassis dynoed two weeks ago to make sure all was well and ready to juice the next time out!
Let's just say...ALL IS WELL! 660rwhp and 585 ft lbs. on the motor. Unfortunately, I only have a small plate system which is only capable of another 300hp. Oh well, i'll have to make due with what I've got I guess! :devil:

Going to go to bed now and dream of an Abyss blue or Anth TL coming in to Keys on allocation tomorrow!
Old 12-19-2003, 11:58 PM
Instructor

Re: Re: Re: NathanSilver

You want to hear something funny Dan....I haven't even used it yet! :wow: The motor is new with only about 9 passes on it and I just got back from having it chassis dynoed two weeks ago to make sure all was well and ready to juice the next time out!
Let's just say...ALL IS WELL! 660rwhp and 585 ft lbs. on the motor. Unfortunately, I only have a small plate system which is only capable of another 300hp. Oh well, i'll have to make due with what I've got I guess! :devil:

Going to go to bed now and dream of an Abyss blue or Anth TL coming in to Keys on allocation tomorrow!
I am crossing my fingers as well that I get the car tomorrow. But you have admit..you did not think I would see it did you..Under the hood..lol I know where to look trust me..I just need to figure out your gear ratio..hmmmm let me think about it tonight.
Old 12-20-2003, 12:03 AM
10th Gear

Thumbs up

1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2?
Or is there a 4/7 swap?
Suck,squeeze,bang,blow.
NathanSilver
You got it right the first time....18436572 is indeed the firing order! So, I'll cut ya some slack and figure you were buttering him up ok? The plate system is a "cheater" which "typically" is good for 250hp shot. I however have been using juice for years and have a SAFE way to get 300 out of it! Shhhhhhh!

See ya!
Old 12-20-2003, 12:08 AM
10th Gear

Re: Re: Oh come on now...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by HONDARC51
[B]stealthjr
I am LMAO..I had a felling you would do a flybye..LOW ALTITUDE..With the rest of the work I am doing on the Vette I should get that Monster in the 9's but I may need to table it till my Kateck 7.0L crate motor gets here.

Hey that Katech 7.0L is a great motor and I know a bit about it. But, why don't you just keep that Vette the way it is and I'll sell ya my 67 for less than what the Katech will cost ya? :wow:

All of this posting is cutting into my beauty sleep and I have a big day tomorrow! Good night you guys!
Old 12-20-2003, 02:34 AM
Advanced

of course I have to let Dan know the mileage, color and specs of my TSX before he can quote me of the trade-in value, how dumb of me.

Dan, I have inquired about my trade-in value through keyes acura web site and the sales person by the name of Ted Ryan (I think) contacted me (this was before I post a message in this forum and I forgot to mention about it). Well, he wasn't rude or anything, but I just don't like the tone of his voice. Sorry to judge him that way, but I guess after all these compliments you've got in this forum, I think I'd rather get some information from you rather than him, I hope that's ok.

Before I contact you, do you think it's better for me to trade-in my TSX or sell privately? I think I will get a better value if I sell it privately, right? But I just want to hear your opinion on this or any opinions from you guys. Thx.

Dennis
Old 12-20-2003, 10:19 AM
Instructor

dsianand---Ted's a good guy. He's just very passionate about his job--good to see people like that in the work force.
He really does care about the product he sells/endorses.
Sometimes people get rubbed wrong (a little).
Stealthjr---Good luck today getting that Anthracite. That's what I'm getting, in the Ebony/Navi/6MT flavor. I fully understand you and Dan knowing about Bowties. When someone says they wrench on Bowties and after I profile them real quick: I do a verification w/the 18436572. They either look like deer w/headlights in their eyes, or they smile and nod. A coworker of mine, knows of BIG WHILLY. Do remember him from TI (terminal Island) Raceway?
I could feel the blump-blump,
blump-blump-blump from accross the tracks--not a bad little "half of a 1320."
NathanSilver:wow:
Old 12-20-2003, 12:17 PM
Instructor

no problem

Originally posted by dsianand
of course I have to let Dan know the mileage, color and specs of my TSX before he can quote me of the trade-in value, how dumb of me.

Dan, I have inquired about my trade-in value through keyes acura web site and the sales person by the name of Ted Ryan (I think) contacted me (this was before I post a message in this forum and I forgot to mention about it). Well, he wasn't rude or anything, but I just don't like the tone of his voice. Sorry to judge him that way, but I guess after all these compliments you've got in this forum, I think I'd rather get some information from you rather than him, I hope that's ok.

Before I contact you, do you think it's better for me to trade-in my TSX or sell privately? I think I will get a better value if I sell it privately, right? But I just want to hear your opinion on this or any opinions from you guys. Thx.

Dennis
Dennis
You will always get a better value if you sell it on your own. But you need to find a customer that has cash or can finance himself. It is usually easier to go through the dealer when you have a car that new. Call me or come in and I will work it for you. Ted if you have never met him in person is in his 70's and outsells most of the young guys at the dealership. He is actually very nice..and works his tail off..But he can come across a little forward sometimes..Call me and I will help you..Dan
Old 12-20-2003, 12:23 PM
Burning Brakes

Dan, please read my new thread regarding vibration at 50 mph.

Acuraddict
Old 12-20-2003, 02:11 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by acuraddict
Dan, please read my new thread regarding vibration at 50 mph.

Acuraddict
No problem/ when I get off tonight I will read through it..If I do not see you during the week have a great Christmas..Dan
Old 12-20-2003, 02:14 PM
Instructor

stealthjr

Ahhh in time STealthJR... May I will be ready with this. can you say chaaaaa ching..This thing better fit..But think of the noise..you have to love it..:devil:
Old 12-20-2003, 02:34 PM
Instructor

Dennis
Dennis

I located your paperwork on your trade. I think it may be better for you to try and sell that TSX on the open market. I know that you did not buy that car from us originally and it seems that your buyout is a little high for what I can give you on trade. If you have luck selling that car just let me know and I will help you out on the new one. I wish I could have gotten to you before you bought that TSX. Sorry I could not help you on your car..But if you trade so soon you will always be a little behind the eight ball. Dan
Old 12-20-2003, 03:12 PM
Advanced

Hi Dan, I bought my TSX used, so if I really trade it in, I don't think I would be losing that much money. But then again, I would have gotten extra cash if I sell it on the open market.

Well, I think I'm gonna try to sell the TSX private first and if I can't get it to sell, then I guess my next option is to trade it in. One last question though, I'm looking at financing the TL (of which the downpayment is gonna be the TSX) but I'm a student and currently not working, will I still be able to finance? I bought the TSX cash.

Regarding Ted, I'm sorry to have judge him like that. Didn't mean to. Hope you (Dan) didn't mention anything to him .
Old 12-20-2003, 04:36 PM
Instructor

not a problem

Hi Dan, I bought my TSX used, so if I really trade it in, I don't think I would be losing that much money. But then again, I would have gotten extra cash if I sell it on the open market.

Well, I think I'm gonna try to sell the TSX private first and if I can't get it to sell, then I guess my next option is to trade it in. One last question though, I'm looking at financing the TL (of which the downpayment is gonna be the TSX) but I'm a student and currently not working, will I still be able to finance? I bought the TSX cash.

Regarding Ted, I'm sorry to have judge him like that. Didn't mean to. Hope you (Dan) didn't mention anything to him .

Not a problem man. I did not mention it. He does not have any control over what we appraise a car for. SO do not worry everything is fine. To answer your question..without haveing a job most of the banks do not really want to finance. But if your parents help they might consider it. Keep in touch..Dan
Old 12-23-2003, 11:49 AM
Instructor

Little over a week left

thought I would Update the forum. We have a little over a week to report our final sales for the end of the Year. I have a large assortment of Non Navi Tl's on the ground so if you are looking to get an above average deal..The time is now. Call me directly and I think you will be impressed with the number I will quote if the vehicle is in stock. Dan at Keyes Acura
Old 12-23-2003, 11:52 AM
Instructor

acuraddict

acuraddict

When you see this post call me at the office today I would like to talk with concerning your TL. Thanks Dan I will be in the office until 4 today (Tuesday 12/23/03)
Old 12-23-2003, 12:24 PM
10th Gear

Hey Dan, any chance I should call you?

Don't make me open this can up!

Happy Holidays!

Robert
Old 12-23-2003, 01:47 PM
Instructor

Hey Dan, any chance I should call you?

Don't make me open this can up!

Happy Holidays!

Robert

I just called you..so please hold off on the can..lol Common man get down here..Dan:ar15:
Old 12-23-2003, 02:28 PM
10th Gear

Thumbs up

Ok, I'll keep the can at home THIS TIME! My plan is to leave my house around 5:00pm which "SHOULD" get me there at 6:00pm. I am bringing a good friend of mine so we can try the car pool lanes also.
Are you interested in doing dinner afterwards? My treat considering you are giving me the TL w/Navi for $3,000 off of MSRP! :devil: Only kidding everyone!!! :lol1:
I'll call you on your cell phone when I'm leaving the house. I WILL BE THERE TONIGHT and I am NOT washing my trade in!
:thefinger

Later!
Robert
Old 12-23-2003, 02:39 PM
Instructor

Ok, I'll keep the can at home THIS TIME! My plan is to leave my house around 5:00pm which "SHOULD" get me there at 6:00pm. I am bringing a good friend of mine so we can try the car pool lanes also.
Are you interested in doing dinner afterwards? My treat considering you are giving me the TL w/Navi for $3,000 off of MSRP! :devil: Only kidding everyone!!! :lol1:
I'll call you on your cell phone when I'm leaving the house. I WILL BE THERE TONIGHT and I am NOT washing my trade in!
:thefinger

Later!
Robert
Yes I am up for dinner and I appreciate the offer..But make sure you call me before you leave. I only have the one and we have been down this road before. lol fake a stomache ache and get in here..:smackhead
Old 12-23-2003, 02:40 PM
Instructor

got my own can but back at you

Yes I am up for dinner and I appreciate the offer..But make sure you call me before you leave. I only have the one and we have been down this road before. lol Man for good sake fake a stomache ache and get in here..:smackhead
here is some back
Old 12-23-2003, 06:02 PM
Instructor

stealth..sorry again part 2

Stealth
Again sorry they sold the car before you could get here..Wow. All I have to say is that with you on Vacation soon it should be able to work. in the next week or so..(crossing my fingers and praying) All I know is I wish you had a star trek transporter so you could get here faster...I will make this work....Dan :smackhead and..do not worry about the wash on the trade either.
Old 12-23-2003, 07:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Hondarc51: Good question....Ordered my car from the local dealer and want an end of March delivery but he cannot promise anything. As it goes, one is available in February. Would it be advisable to wait or should I take the one coming in February?
Old 12-23-2003, 10:45 PM
Instructor

Dan.
I spoke w/you this am-11:00-ish, concerning the Anthracite 6MT-Navi-HPT:
I located and bought at Thomas Acura.
I just called Ted Ryan (8:30 pm) to let him know. I appreicate all the effecient feedback Ted has supllied me with, and thanked him for his diligent efforts.
Like I previousy mentioned: "It's good to see people llike that in the work force."
Taking pride in ownership of the product they are selling.
Merry Christmas & a prosperous New Year.
Trying to keep the RRRRRR's down for now--NathanSilver
Old 12-24-2003, 02:36 AM
Instructor

Answer

Originally posted by gbriank
Hondarc51: Good question....Ordered my car from the local dealer and want an end of March delivery but he cannot promise anything. As it goes, one is available in February. Would it be advisable to wait or should I take the one coming in February?
If you are able to get the one in Feb I would recommend getting it. Tl's are still selling real fast and if your local dealer is able to work out the deal I would advise to grab it. I think for 2004 the supply will still not meet the demand. Dan
Old 12-24-2003, 02:39 AM
Instructor

Thanks..appreciate it

Dan.
I spoke w/you this am-11:00-ish, concerning the Anthracite 6MT-Navi-HPT:
I located and bought at Thomas Acura.
I just called Ted Ryan (8:30 pm) to let him know. I appreicate all the effecient feedback Ted has supllied me with, and thanked him for his diligent efforts.
Like I previousy mentioned: "It's good to see people llike that in the work force."
Taking pride in ownership of the product they are selling.
Merry Christmas & a prosperous New Year.
Trying to keep the RRRRRR's down for now--NathanSilver
NathanSilver

Thanks for the nice words. I am glad you were able to find the car. (6 speed anthracite rare car) Like I have stated before the dealer who gets the car first usuallly gets the deal. I do appreciate the opportunity to earn your deal..Enjoy your new TL and if I can help you in the future concerning your car let me know. Have a great Christmas. Dan
Old 12-24-2003, 02:41 AM
Instructor

Re: stealth..sorry again part 2

Stealth
Again sorry they sold the car before you could get here..Wow. All I have to say is that with you on Vacation soon it should be able to work. in the next week or so..(crossing my fingers and praying) All I know is I wish you had a star trek transporter so you could get here faster...I will make this work....Dan :smackhead and..do not worry about the wash on the trade either.

Glad we were able to chat today in the afternoon. From the looks of it we should finally be able to get your car for you..have a great christmas and I will talk to you on Thursday..Dan
Old 12-24-2003, 02:43 AM
Instructor

Re: Re: stealth..sorry again part 2

Glad we were able to chat today in the afternoon. From the looks of it we should finally be able to get your car for you..have a great christmas and I will talk to you on Thursday..Dan

I still get the dinner at Mcdonald's you promised right..lol You big spender you :o Dan
Old 12-24-2003, 02:44 AM
Instructor

Re: Re: Re: stealth..sorry again part 2

I still the get the dinner at Mcdonald's you promised right..lol You big spender you :o Dan
Old 12-24-2003, 02:57 AM
Instructor

Kona..got your PM

Kona

Thanks for your deal and congrats on your new TL. I sent you a PM back but consider what you asked me about done. I will speak with you tomorrow and I look forward to seeing you in a week or so when your car arrives. Have a great Christmas.Dan
Old 12-24-2003, 02:40 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Dan:

Thanks! I called the dealer and had them put my name on the one coming in....

MERRY CHRISTMAS Y'ALL!!!!!
Old 12-24-2003, 04:39 PM
Instructor

Hey Dan i called you a couple days ago about a new TL (anthracite, ebony, 5AT, with navi) and you were able to find it for me and gave me a great price on the car but what's weird is why weren't you able to match other dealers prices on accessories?
I really really wanted to give you my business (you really are a nice guy from our convos together).
Other dealers were able to give me the following acessories (front,side,rear underbody kit, body side molding, and deck lid spoiler) for $2,100 installed but you quoted me $600 over that price. I'm just asking how is it that if your dealership is #1 why can't you match those prices?

Anyways thanx in advance for your time and your helpfulness, maybe there's yet a chance for me to buy from Keyes.

Quick Reply: From a Dealer guy..Dan at Keyes Acura