3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

From a Dealer guy..Dan at Keyes Acura

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2003, 04:13 PM
CEO, Team Anthracite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why were your licensing fees only $266? Someone else I talked to paid $733. I thought it was 2% of MSRP?

Kenneth

Originally posted by nickpoore
California Fees:
I got charged a "document prep fee" of $45. They made it clear that this was not a government fee. (ie the dealer charged it.)

I got charged sales tax (7.25%) - $2482.40.

I got charged Licensing Fees (DMV stuff) - $266.

I got charged "California Tire Fees" of $5.00
Old 12-15-2003, 04:15 PM
CEO, Team Anthracite

Re: concerning the far distance one..

Hi Dan:

Speaking to this, if someone has a deposit on a car, what is your general "hold" policy before you decide to sell the car to another individual?

The feeling I'm getting from various NorCal dealers is that they won't hold the car for you even if you are intent on purchasing it but are out of town on business or have some other reason which prevents you from physically being at the dealership to sign the paperwork.

Is this the same for you?

Originally posted by HONDARC51

I have also started to hear some really crazy numbers some dealers are throwing on Navi's..from my end I do not see any major discounting on that particular model. and as I have stated before..BEWARE of the empty promises when I guy throws you a crazy number..right now on a TL NAVI if you find one buy it..do not pause or they will sell it. Dan
Old 12-15-2003, 04:40 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Lore

Why were your licensing fees only $266? Someone else I talked to paid $733. I thought it was 2% of MSRP?
I think that is pre- and post-Schwarzenegger license fees...
Old 12-15-2003, 04:54 PM
Instructor

Thumbs down

I'll do you one better. A dealer in Atlanta charges $396 in doc prep fees and WILL NOT provide itemization.

Originally posted by Lore

Kenneth
Old 12-15-2003, 06:41 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by gregory28
Dan:

In New Jersey there is a $157 Documentary Fee on the sales contract when buying or leasing a car. As far as I know it's on every contract in New Jersey. It's broken down in the following way: Clerical Expense $78; Document Delivery Service $54; Computer Time $25. Are any of these fees on all California contracts? I seem to remember some posters here feeling that everyone in NJ is getting ripped off for $157 everytime a car is purchased. What are your thoughts? Are there any extra automatic fees in California contracts besides DMV and sales tax?
"I am familiar with the fees you are mentioning. I am originally from New York and they charge similiar fees. We have a $45 Documentation fee in California that pays for doing the DMV paperwork (office labor fee). In your state that does not sound outrageous for dealer fees that they are charging. it is up to the dealer what "other" fees they charge but I would not be concerned seems normal for NJ. hope that helped you..Dan"

I can see why HONDARC51 thinks that these fees are okay.
To me, they are pure Bullsh*t!
(I'm surprised that they didn't add another $25 for a BS Fee!)
The TL in my garage wouldn't be there if my dealer tried to put this garbage on my invoice!!!

What this tells me, more than anything, is just how reliable HONDARC51's opinion really is!!!!
He's here to sell cars, that's it!

Eneg
Old 12-15-2003, 07:19 PM
Instructor

eneg

ENEG
First I take offense to your statments and comments. second I am originally from Upstate New York (Saratoga Springs to be exact..near you I assume.) THIRD and most important I only charge $ 45 for documentation. IF you read my post I state it sounds fair seeing that all the other dealers in his area are doing the same..(I do not even sell cars in NJ..so mine is only an opinion) SO WHY ARE YOU NOW BLAMING ME..I am just giving my personal opinion on a question someone asked me..And just so you know I DO use the FORUM to try and sell cars..NEWS FLASH..I SELL CARS. So before you come in here and start trying to make statements on my character..get a clue about the issue and my response. I have had people call me from all over the Country to ask me questions..and did I personally sell the car..NO ( AND I FOOT THE PHONE CHARGE) All I have tried to do is answer questions from my perspective.. You can have your opinion on the charges in NJ as do I . ( I charge $45 for all the documentation we do..so by my actions I should not be getting your comments directed to me...difference is I will not open up my trap and blast you for your opinion..(On the other hand I will open my mouth and tell you this..You are out of line..I have my opinion you have yours..deal with it) Enough said.
Old 12-15-2003, 07:35 PM
Instructor

Lore

To answer your question LORE.I do not take a deposits. When I get the vehicle we call our clients and first come first serve. We do not "Cherry" pick the clients. With navi's they are so rare we call and they come. If you notice in my posts..I do not recommend leaving a deposit anytime..Unless you are signing the paperwork on your particular car..Dan
Old 12-15-2003, 07:38 PM
Instructor

about license fees

Lore

The reason those License fees were higher as stated by someone else is that they were the old California license fees. Since Arnold took office he has lowered the licensing fees..

Kenneth

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by nickpoore
California Fees:
I got charged a "document prep fee" of $45. They made it clear that this was not a government fee. (ie the dealer charged it.)

I got charged sales tax (7.25%) - $2482.40.

I got charged Licensing Fees (DMV stuff) - $266.

I got charged "California Tire Fees" of $5.00
Old 12-15-2003, 08:37 PM
Instructor

Re: eneg

ENEG
First I take offense to your statments and comments. second I am originally from Upstate New York (Saratoga Springs to be exact..near you I assume.) THIRD and most important I only charge $ 45 for documentation. IF you read my post I state it sounds fair seeing that all the other dealers in his area are doing the same..(I do not even sell cars in NJ..so mine is only an opinion) SO WHY ARE YOU NOW BLAMING ME..I am just giving my personal opinion on a question someone asked me..And just so you know I DO use the FORUM to try and sell cars..NEWS FLASH..I SELL CARS. So before you come in here and start trying to make statements on my character..get a clue about the issue and my response. I have had people call me from all over the Country to ask me questions..and did I personally sell the car..NO ( AND I FOOT THE PHONE CHARGE) All I have tried to do is answer questions from my perspective.. You can have your opinion on the charges in NJ as do I . ( I charge $45 for all the documentation we do..so by my actions I should not be getting your comments directed to me...difference is I will not open up my trap and blast you for your opinion..(On the other hand I will open my mouth and tell you this..You are out of line..I have my opinion you have yours..deal with it) Enough said.
You take offense at what I said?
Then, YOU deal with it!
I take "offense" at your whole profession!
I have never met one of "you" that is not a born liar!
Yeah, I know, you're different!

I'm not one of these young people that float around here that have just bought their first car.
You know as well as I do that every dealership in NJ, or anywhere else, does not charge those BS charges that were described to you.
They sound "fair" to you because that's what you do!
This isn't a matter of each of us having different opinions.
It's a matter of truthfulness. . .

Eneg
Old 12-15-2003, 08:52 PM
Instructor

eneg

eneg
You must be an unhappy person in general to have all this time to slam people... You do not know me..but by your statements I am glad you are 3000 miles away from me.You do not like the profession (you do not know anything about me to make a judgment)..and I could care less what you think of me. Have fun in the snow in NY you deserve it. NEXT. I am glad you are not my customer. I am proud of what I do and I make a good living doing it.. Dan

and did you really think we would agree..duhhh

by the way their is always one jerk in the room..THANKS for being that person
Old 12-15-2003, 10:02 PM
Instructor

Re: HONDARC51

eneg
You must be an unhappy person in general to have all this time to slam people... You do not know me..but by your statements I am glad you are 3000 miles away from me.You do not like the profession (you do not know anything about me to make a judgment)..and I could care less what you think of me. Have fun in the snow in NY you deserve it. NEXT. I am glad you are not my customer. I am proud of what I do and I make a good living doing it.. Dan

and did you really think we would agree..duhhh

by the way their is always one jerk in the room..THANKS for being that person
Wow! You've really made me happy for a bunch of reasons.
1. The real you is showing.
2. Two weeks from tomorrow, I'll be on my way to sunny Florida.
I'll think of you while having my freshly squeezed orange juice each morning.
3. I'm not slamming people. Just you and what you stand for.
4. I'm also glad that I am not your customer (See, we do agree on something!)
5. As for calling me a "Jerk", I bet you wouldn't have said that if there was an extra fifty cents in it for you!!

Eneg
Old 12-15-2003, 10:16 PM
Instructor

Enig

Just so you know... I could care less about 50 cents..guys like you walk past dollars for pennies..I am done with trying to reason with you. I know who I am..if you hate car salespeople good for you. I think you have shown who you are. ( A person who is insecure and likes talking smack over the internet where you are safe from your big mouth getting you in trouble..have a nice night. I stand fast by my actions and the way I do business. let the forum decide. and by the way florida is more humid..california is better weather enjoy your orange juice..
Old 12-15-2003, 10:18 PM
Team Secretary of Housing

Eneg and hondaarc51

"People can't we all just get along?"
Seriously though, there are good and bad in every profession. Eneg I for one think you are out of line on this one. You obviously do your homework when buying a car. This one act on your part will consistantly buy you your car at a better price then your neighbor who doesn't investigate and shop around. This will even out for car sales persons when the 80% of Buyers stroll in and pay MSRP or more. These same people also get taken on the trade-in side of the deal as well. You shouldn't fault the sales person for attempting to make as much as the market or buyer will commit to. I give Dan credit for attempting to provide some answers to the folks on this forum. At the same time, he is using this forum as a marketing tool to gain new buyers. A good sales man will capitalize on any and every opportunity to make money on a sale especially when the cost is $0 out of pocket to do so. If you are not interested in what Dan has to say then ignore it. What Dan has to say is not wrong. Simply put, when we investigate other options there may be a better deal out there. I shopped for my car through dozens of dealers in So CA. Including Dan's dealer. As it turned out I did much better then had I bought from his dealer. But I didn't contact them to rub their face in it. Instead I celebrated what I thought was a great deal. You should be doing the same! Just my $.02!:wow:
Old 12-15-2003, 11:14 PM
Instructor

Re: Enig

Just so you know... I could care less about 50 cents..guys like you walk pass dollars for pennies..I am done with trying to reason with you. I know who I am..if you hate car salespeople good for you. I think you have shown who you are. ( A person who is insecure and likes talking smack over the internet where you are safe from your big mouth getting you in trouble..have a nice night. I stand fast by my actions and the way I do business. let the forum decide. and by the way florida is more humid..california is better weather enjoy your orange juice..
How can you even try to reason with me or anyone else when you know that you are wrong? Can't be done!
You know that you have to tell some kind of lie to sell a car.
It's part of the trade!
You ask that the forum "decide."
I can't blame you, for the majority of people already know what you and your cronies are all about.

Gee, I wonder if Acura reads these forums.
I'm sure that they must be very proud of you...

And one more thing, dummy: California weather is not "better" then Florida's weather in Jan & Feb! Can't even tell the truth about that, can you?

Eneg
Old 12-15-2003, 11:19 PM
Racer

Re: gregory28

I am familiar with the fees you are mentioning. I am originally from New York and they charge similiar fees. We have a $45 Documentation fee in California that pays for doing the DMV paperwork (office labor fee). In your state that does not sound outrageous for dealer fees that they are charging. it is up to the dealer what "other" fees they charge but I would not be concerned seems normal for NJ. hope that helped you..Dan
Thanks for the feedback, Dan.
Old 12-15-2003, 11:20 PM
Instructor

Re: Eneg and hondaarc51

Originally posted by brucedeb1
"People can't we all just get along?"
Seriously though, there are good and bad in every profession. Eneg I for one think you are out of line on this one. You obviously do your homework when buying a car. This one act on your part will consistantly buy you your car at a better price then your neighbor who doesn't investigate and shop around. This will even out for car sales persons when the 80% of Buyers stroll in and pay MSRP or more. These same people also get taken on the trade-in side of the deal as well. You shouldn't fault the sales person for attempting to make as much as the market or buyer will commit to. I give Dan credit for attempting to provide some answers to the folks on this forum. At the same time, he is using this forum as a marketing tool to gain new buyers. A good sales man will capitalize on any and every opportunity to make money on a sale especially when the cost is $0 out of pocket to do so. If you are not interested in what Dan has to say then ignore it. What Dan has to say is not wrong. Simply put, when we investigate other options there may be a better deal out there. I shopped for my car through dozens of dealers in So CA. Including Dan's dealer. As it turned out I did much better then had I bought from his dealer. But I didn't contact them to rub their face in it. Instead I celebrated what I thought was a great deal. You should be doing the same! Just my $.02!:wow:
Brucedeb1,

I'm not out of line on this.
This guy shows up here as he is everybody's buddy.
Then when he is asked a question about ridiculous add-on charges to someone's invoice, he tells the guy it's okay.
(Clerical Expense $78; Document Delivery Service $54; Computer Time $25.)

Why couldn't he just tell the guy that it was BS?

Eneg
Old 12-15-2003, 11:26 PM
Instructor

I guess this thread is dead. Dan, can you start another thread--Dan from Keyes Acura, with tech and price info?
I am glad to see any reputable Acura salesperson, let alone the Gen. Sales Mgr. discussing questions we throw at him. We have to weigh it for ourselves: fact, fiction, possibility, or complete
buuullllsssshhhhhiiitttttt !
(let's see if the auto-censorship catches this!)
NathanSilver
Old 12-15-2003, 11:27 PM
Instructor

Nope, didn't catch it!
NathanSilver
Old 12-15-2003, 11:34 PM
Racer

Doc Fees

I only charge $ 45 for documentation.
Oh, come on now, Dan - everybody knows that doc fees are nothing but air. Who are you trying to kid?
Old 12-15-2003, 11:47 PM
Instructor

this is a shame

Listen I came on here to try and help answer a few questions. I answer what my personal opinion is and this guy wants to start a mess. give me a break. Dan

I mean what is this ?? Eneg writes:
I'm not out of line on this.
This guy shows up here as he is everybody's buddy.
Then when he is asked a question about ridiculous add-on charges to someone's invoice, he tells the guy it's okay.
(Clerical Expense $78; Document Delivery Service $54; Computer Time $25.)

Why couldn't he just tell the guy that it was BS?

I am giving my personal opinion on charges I do not even charge and you call me the typical "CAR SALESMAN" I charge $45 But am I going to crap a guy out that buys a great car and tell him he overpaid..NO I would rather make him feel good about his purchase. I did not get anything from his deal in NJ (Man answer a question and I get this) I should have known better than to try this. It is a personal attack on me and I am not just going to stand around and let him do it.. Dan I have more important things to worry about when I buy a $35000 car than 157.00 for a documentation fee..Not to mention the gentleman that asked the question said himself the other dealers were doing it..Do I agree with it no..but like I said he is in NJ and I still do not think it is out of line.. final note...I have been nothing more than polite since joining this forum and it is sad that all are not the same.
Old 12-16-2003, 12:03 AM
Comptech Freak

lol
cool down guys~ it's getting heat up here

dan i know u r trying to being nice, just don't care what he says or whatsoever ok?

keep it cool~ =)
Old 12-16-2003, 12:18 AM
Instructor

samkws

Trust me I am fine. I just have a problem with people that come on post boards and throw insults. I am a sales manager I do not even make a commision on a sale. I get paid on the stores overall productivity. I came on this forum to learn a little about the customer perspective.( and maybe offer an opinion when asked) and I just find it a little shallow for someone to attack me just because of my line of work. their are bad lawyers..good lawyers..bad doctors..good doctors..and YES maybe even a few nice car salesman. Just most who know me and have done business with me know I am fair..But I am not known for being shy when attacked and classified unjustly. that is my point.
Old 12-16-2003, 01:07 AM
What's a TL?

Re: samkws

Trust me I am fine. I just have a problem with people that come on post boards and throw insults. I am a sales manager I do not even make a commision on a sale. I get paid on the stores overall productivity. I came on this forum to learn a little about the customer perspective.( and maybe offer an opinion when asked) and I just find it a little shallow for someone to attack me just because of my line of work. their are bad lawyers..good lawyers..bad doctors..good doctors..and YES maybe even a few nice car salesman. Just most who know me and have done business with me know I am fair..But I am not known for being shy when attacked and classified unjustly. that is my point.
Nothing wrong with Dan defending himself. If people have opinions about the industry, no need to use Dan's name like they have. I am a customer of his, and he is a very calm and professional person. He is passionate about the kind of work he does, and about cars in general, so I think his opinion is valuable, much more so than the average person on this forum
Old 12-16-2003, 01:23 AM
Comptech Freak

that's cool man~

i wish i can have some guys like this gd up north in Toronto, canada...haha

i bought my car out of town mostly becoz the one in town treat us so poor and my dad wouldn't spend a single penny on that dealership

buying a car is not just for the price, service is what counted the most...i am glad i bought a car from a very gd dealership, a small but very nice and warm...

if i just care about the price, why didn't i just bought the car from a car broker instead???
Old 12-16-2003, 02:22 AM
Instructor

VTEC=happiness

VTEC=happiness

Thanks..I appreciate your post. Yes, I am passionate about my work. I am 34 and have done this since I was 16. And I do not agree with the earlier statement on this post that you have to lie to sell a car. I started as a porter..worked my way to a sales position and then worked my way into management. I did not get the position I currently hold by lying to customers. My store has been the number one volume dealer in the Western United States 3 years running and also Precision Team 3 years. We do big volume and are CSI (Customer Satisfaction Index) is well above the national average. (call Acura and ask how many of the "BIG" dealers are Precision Team). As you know VTEC=happiness I got into the auto business because I was offered sponsorship for my Auto Racing ..I just ended up enjoying the job and stayed. (I also have a College Degree) I have respect for salesman of all types. It takes alot of courage to take any sales job that is commision based. and the hours and the type of attitude displayed by the earlier post are also another down-fall of doing this line of work. We are all normal people that get up in the morning and go to sleep at night..with families.. But all I know is I am respectful to all people (I could care less what they do for a job) and I do not tend to judge and make comments about people that I have never met. Truth be told..the customer often lies to the dealer as well..about the deal they have from somewhere else..about damage on the trade in..it is part of the trade. But I do not personally care about the feelings of a few people who are just unhappy and like to wine on a post board. But I do have enough passion and self respect for who I am and what I do. and that being said.. even though his opinion may be warranted in some instances to lump me in the bunch is unfair. This is my last post concerning the earlier post from Mr.Friendly..so please let's drop this issue..I have a headache
Old 12-16-2003, 03:22 AM
Instructor

HondaRC51:

I don't know you, I don't really care about your dealership, I probably won't ever buy a car from you for geographic reasons.

That said, eneg's attacks on you are obviously an attempt to troll around and piss you off just because you are a car salesman. As for why he is so angry at car salesmen, I don't know. But his personal attacks on you are so baseless and his arguments are so childish and illogical that it is laughable. Please do not waste your time replying to him, or people like him. His comments do not merit a response.
Old 12-16-2003, 10:41 PM
10th Gear

Angry I'll have to agree....

I for one appreciate your input and opinions Dan! I may not agree with all of your opinions and you may not agree with any of mine...but atleast we would respect the fact that they are just opinions and leave well enough alone right?

However, in my opinion, "eneg" is acting like and treating others like a "typical" cum-guzzling New Yorker! I mean geez...no wonder they get a bad rap over there for being rude and arrogant.

Hey ereg....why don't ya go troll the Mustang forums ya back-door, anal licking, tea bagger! :wow:

Oh, one more thing: Don't forget to call me on Thursday so we can finalize the deal on that Abyss Blue 5AT Navi ok?
AND ya better have good news about my trade-in or I'll bring my 67 Camaro down and rip the doors off of that blown Vette of yours!

See ya!
Old 12-17-2003, 12:41 AM
Instructor

LoL.....this is one funny Ass thread. Get back on track guys and start asking Dan smart questions again.
Old 12-17-2003, 12:52 AM
Instructor

stealthjr

LOL..
I Agree we all have opinions and even though we all may not agree that is why they are called "Opinions" Just for that support I will somehow find some more for that trade of yours. As of now the deal is as discussed..But I think tomorrow I may be able to get a little more for that ride of yours :wow: I look forward to actually meeting you in person seeing we are both into performance cars and seem to both spend alot of our time and money on them.. I look forward to a heads up run with that monster Camaro you have..Do Not make me call my ole man and have him pull my ole 68 out of moth-balls if you pull a hole shot on me in my Vette..I know your 68 can do wheelies from your pictures..let's do the deal..then we make a run..call you on Thursday I will be in the office about 11 A.M. Need a day off and it will be tomorrow.until then ..Dan

Side note..not all New Yorkers have bad attitudes..( I am originally from N.Y.) But as in some cases some do not flatter the state they represent.
Old 12-17-2003, 07:56 AM
Instructor

Re: I'll have to agree....

Originally posted by stealthjr
I for one appreciate your input and opinions Dan! I may not agree with all of your opinions and you may not agree with any of mine...but atleast we would respect the fact that they are just opinions and leave well enough alone right?

However, in my opinion, "eneg" is acting like and treating others like a "typical" cum-guzzling New Yorker! I mean geez...no wonder they get a bad rap over there for being rude and arrogant.

Hey ereg....why don't ya go troll the Mustang forums ya back-door, anal licking, tea bagger! :wow:

Oh, one more thing: Don't forget to call me on Thursday so we can finalize the deal on that Abyss Blue 5AT Navi ok?
AND ya better have good news about my trade-in or I'll bring my 67 Camaro down and rip the doors off of that blown Vette of yours! See ya!
Wow! Hey stealthjr, I'm sure that you and your buddy will get along just fine. You have a lot in common!
Did you go to college too?

Eneg
Old 12-17-2003, 08:00 AM
Instructor

Re: VTEC=happiness

VTEC=happiness

Thanks..I appreciate your post. Yes, I am passionate about my work. I am 34 and have done this since I was 16. And I do not agree with the earlier statement on this post that you have to lie to sell a car. I started as a porter..worked my way to a sales position and then worked my way into management. I did not get the position I currently hold by lying to customers. My store has been the number one volume dealer in the Western United States 3 years running and also Precision Team 3 years. We do big volume and are CSI (Customer Satisfaction Index) is well above the national average. (call Acura and ask how many of the "BIG" dealers are Precision Team). As you know VTEC=happiness I got into the auto business because I was offered sponsorship for my Auto Racing ..I just ended up enjoying the job and stayed. (I also have a College Degree) I have respect for salesman of all types. It takes alot of courage to take any sales job that is commision based. and the hours and the type of attitude displayed by the earlier post are also another down-fall of doing this line of work. We are all normal people that get up in the morning and go to sleep at night..with families.. But all I know is I am respectful to all people (I could care less what they do for a job) and I do not tend to judge and make comments about people that I have never met. Truth be told..the customer often lies to the dealer as well..about the deal they have from somewhere else..about damage on the trade in..it is part of the trade. But I do not personally care about the feelings of a few people who are just unhappy and like to wine on a post board. But I do have enough passion and self respect for who I am and what I do. and that being said.. even though his opinion may be warranted in some instances to lump me in the bunch is unfair. This is my last post concerning the earlier post from Mr.Friendly..so please let's drop this issue..I have a headache
Gee - You're my hero!

BTW - Do they teach "spelling" in college in today's world?

Eneg
Old 12-17-2003, 08:19 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: pricing

Hey Dan! I was wondering in reference to used vehicles... How would you bargin with cars that are well below KBB? For example... Kbb value may be 20k, they are selling it for 18k.... But the trade in value for the car is 16k.... can i use the trade in value to see how far theyll come down? Or do you think it would be hard to negotiate the price any lower? Thanks for any help...

For earlier post..If you get between 750 and 1000 off a TL right now you have a good deal, I have heard of the higher discounts from a select few..But most of the time it is just someone giving a client a low ball because he knows he is shopping him all over the place. I do not follow the low ball rull. I give a price and if it works for the client then so be it. as stated all through this site...IF you find the car you want in the color you like...Buy it. is it really worth driving all over the place to save 200. That has always puzzled me..just the pure time wasted in driving all over to save a few hundred sounds like a waste. I know I am the car guy...But if you find someone that you like dealing with and he is in the realm of the market on the car..give him the deal. trust me down the line if you picked the right salesman he will more than make up for it over time if you ever have a problem. Right now the supply does not really fit the demand..we are not the only brand that has that problom..ie BMW..Mercedes..Lexus if the product is good sales are good bottom line.
Old 12-17-2003, 08:53 AM
Racer

Re: stealthjr

Just for that support I will somehow find some more for that trade of yours. As of now the deal is as discussed..But I think tomorrow I may be able to get a little more for that ride of yours.
Does he get a "Forum Defender" Discount on the price of the car, too?
Old 12-17-2003, 12:53 PM
Instructor

It is to bad a few have to ruin things

Eneg.
Spelling is not my strongpoint granted..But my job is numbers and dealing with people.. ENEG I am done with you and your personal attacks. thats is all I have to say. I think most know the kind of person I am and I think they can easily judge you as well. So if you do not like this thread just leave. Dan
Old 12-17-2003, 01:04 PM
Instructor

fuque

Yes he will get a better deal. from the first time he called me to ask about buying a car he was a nice person. (And we did not agree on everything as he states. lol) He was willing to work with me..so therefore I am willing to work for HIM and stretch to make his deal. But as stated earlier..it is always better to be nice. You will always get a better deal no matter what you buy. Dan
Old 12-17-2003, 01:29 PM
Instructor

oxidizer2k

OXIDIZER2k

Re: pricing
Hey Dan! I was wondering in reference to used vehicles... How would you bargin with cars that are well below KBB? For example... Kbb value may be 20k, they are selling it for 18k.... But the trade in value for the car is 16k.... can i use the trade in value to see how far theyll come down? Or do you think it would be hard to negotiate the price any lower? Thanks for any help...

Ok here is my opinion on that..Most dealers take a car in for "trade in value" or below..and in alot of cases they are taken in for well back of wholesale value because of a flood in the market or a model that happens to have big rebates and discounts on a "NEW" one..Current programs on the new vehicles often impact the value of a persons trade and sometimes KBB is not on the market all the time (Book comes out once a month) and sometimes the value on a trade can change weekly. . (Sometimes we have to give more if it is a unique car..example very popular car with low miles.) The car then has to go through the shop and we do all the needed maintanence. example tires..brakes..oil filter change..then those costs are added to the "DEALERS COST". Most dealers tend to go through and fix the cars as good as they can because they really do not want to see them come back with alot of problems that they have to pay for due to the warranty. (Big dealers have to have at least 30 day warranties on every USED car they sell due to state laws on the used cars.) They are usually better..the private sale guy does not have to conform to such tight standards. That is why you will typically see dealers that have slightly higher prices than the private sale guys. To directly answer you question if you can buy a used car for close to "trade in value" you are usually getting a good deal. sometimes you will end up in the middle between "trade in" and "retail value" and you usually are still getting a good deal as a customer and the dealer is making some profit as well. If the car is "Certified" by the manufacturer you may want to take that into consideration because you usually get a warranty included by the manufacturer. example ACURA 7yr/100k powertrain at no charge. But as in all car shopping look around some deals are better than others. (But it usuallly is harder to shop for a USED car because one car is never like another..good luck and I hope that helped answer your question. Dan
Old 12-17-2003, 01:31 PM
Instructor

Hey Dan could u update us on any new inventory you might have available.
Old 12-17-2003, 01:38 PM
Instructor

kinggeorge

kinggeorge

I am actually of today ( having coffee and trying to regain my defense ENEG took alot of my energy this week..lol) I will be in the office tomorrow and I will post all the inventory when I get in the office in the morning. (Even a car guy deserves a day off) But I have a big allocation coming so my levels should increase in the next few weeks. Dan
Old 12-17-2003, 06:48 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: oxidizer2k

Dan! Who Da Man? You Da Man! Thanks a lot for the help bro.... and I wish you good luck with your sales....

Ok here is my opinion on that..Most dealers take a car in for "trade in value" or below..and in alot of cases they are taken in for well back of wholesale value because of a flood in the market or a model that happens to have big rebates and discounts on a "NEW" one..Current programs on the new vehicles often impact the value of a persons trade and sometimes KBB is not on the market all the time (Book comes out once a month) and sometimes the value on a trade can change weekly. . (Sometimes we have to give more if it is a unique car..example very popular car with low miles.) The car then has to go through the shop and we do all the needed maintanence. example tires..brakes..oil filter change..then those costs are added to the "DEALERS COST". Most dealers tend to go through and fix the cars as good as they can because they really do not want to see them come back with alot of problems that they have to pay for due to the warranty. (Big dealers have to have at least 30 day warranties on every USED car they sell due to state laws on the used cars.) They are usually better..the private sale guy does not have to conform to such tight standards. That is why you will typically see dealers that have slightly higher prices than the private sale guys. To directly answer you question if you can buy a used car for close to "trade in value" you are usually getting a good deal. sometimes you will end up in the middle between "trade in" and "retail value" and you usually are still getting a good deal as a customer and the dealer is making some profit as well. If the car is "Certified" by the manufacturer you may want to take that into consideration because you usually get a warranty included by the manufacturer. example ACURA 7yr/100k powertrain at no charge. But as in all car shopping look around some deals are better than others. (But it usuallly is harder to shop for a USED car because one car is never like another..good luck and I hope that helped answer your question. Dan
Old 12-17-2003, 07:56 PM
Instructor

Re: It is to bad a few have to ruin things

Eneg.
Spelling is not my strongpoint granted..But my job is numbers and dealing with people.. ENEG I am done with you and your personal attacks. thats is all I have to say. I think most know the kind of person I am and I think they can easily judge you as well. So if you do not like this thread just leave. Dan
Hmmmm... I was finished with you the other night.
The only problem is that I find my name in most of your posts.
You keep telling me that you are "done" with me, yet you keep speaking about me. Should I be flattered?

I only hope that you are correct when you say:"I think most know the kind of person I am".
SO DO I!!

What makes you think that I don't like this thread?
It is always of interest to me to see exactly how far a salesman will go to sell his product. This is a new one to me. I give you credit!

Eneg

Quick Reply: From a Dealer guy..Dan at Keyes Acura