3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a day at paragon acura. please read

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 08:35 AM
2007 A-Spec Type S

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow...good thing I stayed away from them. They tried pulling a fast one on me when I was looking to buy. The old "bait and switch". They are scum.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:44 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i personally like dealing with scumbag dealers becuase i dont feel as bad if i point out thier stupid shyt...i got my car from paragon acura in queens and the finance guy said he couldnt give me the car at 4% rate unless i get the overpriced warrenty and lowjack...then showed me a diffrent rate slightly higher without the crap..i told him no deal on the lowjack and i got the car with a $2,900 warrenty i cancelled the warrenty month later and it was credited back to my car,it was like make'n another downpayment..also the finance guy expected me to drop 2,000 that i promise the following day becuase i only droped $500 on the car but i noticed in the contract it shows i only gave $500..the guy expected me to just hand 2,000 without it being added to the balance of my car,dude just hung up on me
Old 09-25-2008, 10:47 AM
Intermediate

seriously tho..paragon acura is shady but i didnt find better deals in the other acura's..the deals in paragon acura are much better if you can get outta there negotiating a good deal..those dudes act annoyed as hell when you know your shyt,its almost downright rude how they act
Old 09-25-2008, 11:00 AM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

ok so I spoke to the service manager and he told me he doesn't see why he has to buy me a whole new rim if the have people there who fix it and can come to me where ever im at which yesterday was a different story I had to go to them. so im going to give them a shot in fixing the rim but I told him im going to be a bitch if I see any thing.. has anyone ever got a rim fixed? and do u think I can get them to pay me a days pay?
Old 09-25-2008, 11:02 AM
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
dude, i doubt he will say yes to a whole days pay. he doesnt even want to replace the rim, just fix it. hes going to say hell no! you could take him to small claims but i doubt you would get the judgement because you chose to go there and stay there on a work day. they could argue you could have came over the weekend or something or dropped it off and left. they will probably prove they arent responsible that you took work off to take the car in.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:18 AM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

Originally Posted by hektik02
dude, i doubt he will say yes to a whole days pay. he doesnt even want to replace the rim, just fix it. hes going to say hell no! you could take him to small claims but i doubt you would get the judgement because you chose to go there and stay there on a work day. they could argue you could have came over the weekend or something or dropped it off and left. they will probably prove they arent responsible that you took work off to take the car in.
thank you... i statred work at 1 30 and came into acura at 10 45 which they told me a oil change is 1 hour so i had a lot of time to get to work but ty.... another question bro, if they dont do a good job on my rims and it looks stupid you think i can get them to buy me a rim?
Old 09-25-2008, 11:43 AM
usc
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Take before and after photos.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:45 AM
Mofo

I hate paragon acura. I almost had to involve a lawyer to get a refund for lojack that was never even installed.
Although i did get my car dirt cheap.
My 2005 brand new TL 5AT for $28,100 with destination waived...

Last edited by maluskills; 09-25-2008 at 11:47 AM.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:36 PM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

Old 09-25-2008, 01:38 PM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

Originally Posted by ac08odl
and it gos down more also i just didnt get it all
Old 09-25-2008, 02:29 PM
Racer

haha i remember when i was at paragon acura trying to negogiate a deal for 08 tl-s. They offered me 38,900. lol After a worthless hrs of negogiating, the manager came out and offered 33,700. The manager was a lil prick. Young smart ass rude prick. Valley stream has good service dept. Very polite and very professional. They always inspect your car before hand.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:34 PM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

Originally Posted by lldknyll26
haha i remember when i was at paragon acura trying to negogiate a deal for 08 tl-s. They offered me 38,900. lol After a worthless hrs of negogiating, the manager came out and offered 33,700. The manager was a lil prick. Young smart ass rude prick. Valley stream has good service dept. Very polite and very professional. They always inspect your car before hand.
yeah some guy tryed to get loud with me yesterday and i step is his face and tod him if he screams at me again ima slap him an he said i wasnt screaming sir and he stood shut
Old 09-25-2008, 03:51 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight
man... my car needs service... are there ANY reputable dealerships in nyc/ long island for service? i know ppl rarely post about good experiences... but all these negative ones are such a bummer.
man, go to acura of westchester, ive been going to them for years now, this is my 5th acura from them lol, they are the best so far for me. see Sal i service, he will take care of u
Old 09-25-2008, 05:22 PM
Intermediate

Yea... bottom line is that Paragon sucks. I got my car from them though because they had it in stock in 6MT and in the color I wanted. They were charging a ton more than what Rallye and Valley Stream were offering me so I told them to screw themselves and that I would just have Rallye dealer to dealer it for me... In the end they matched Rallye's price.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:03 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by ac08odl
yeah some guy tryed to get loud with me yesterday and i step is his face and tod him if he screams at me again ima slap him an he said i wasnt screaming sir and he stood shut
Do speak as poorly as you write? Geez. Use the Queen's English man!
Old 09-26-2008, 01:46 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by stillhere153
NY's worst?

Having a hard time weighing in if manhattan is worst that paragon... But honestly they are just as bad

Curry Acura has treated me well
I must say that I've received very good service from Acura of Manhattan. I got my car from Rallye and used to go there for service, but Manhattan is convenient to my workplace.

Manhattan always gives a free car wash and they've been very responsive... they fixed a weird clicking in my clutch pedal that Rallye didn't fix properly.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:49 PM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

Originally Posted by rwm1163
Do speak as poorly as you write? Geez. Use the Queen's English man!
yep..
Old 09-26-2008, 04:15 PM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts
Just be persistant man and good luck to you. I hate all dealers almost equally and yes my car was purchased from Paragon. I got a really good deal there with almost no haggliing but I haven't taken it to service there. I agree with most of the posts try to do most of the work yourself or take it to a friend that you trust where you will be with your car at all times.

I rather pay forum members on this site the same money rather than pissing it to dealers and let them do the work because I know all of us share a common interest and respect for our vehicles. It also is an opportunity to meet cool people.

Last edited by Elegant TYPE S; 09-26-2008 at 04:17 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:33 AM
under renovations....

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Paragon sucks and the owner is a damn cheap ass. I built their new service deparment one block up and at the time I was looking into getting a new car I told them I wanna get a tls and they were like sure come in we'll hook you up with a good deal. I said cool and my friend was in the market for a tsx so I said to them we'd be buying 2 cars at once they were like great. Shit first chance they got they treated me like shit I told them go f*ck themselves. They even did the same to my boss when he was looking for a pilot for his wife he wound up going out on the island to get one. Stay away from Paragon!!!

There should be a sticky made up of the Best/Worst Dealerships including Service Dept.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:56 AM
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by CubanLynx84
Paragon sucks and the owner is a damn cheap ass. I built their new service deparment one block up and at the time I was looking into getting a new car I told them I wanna get a tls and they were like sure come in we'll hook you up with a good deal. I said cool and my friend was in the market for a tsx so I said to them we'd be buying 2 cars at once they were like great. Shit first chance they got they treated me like shit I told them go f*ck themselves. They even did the same to my boss when he was looking for a pilot for his wife he wound up going out on the island to get one. Stay away from Paragon!!!

There should be a sticky made up of the Best/Worst Dealerships including Service Dept.

They are seriously the worst dealership ever. Go to a website called dealerrater.com and look at their reviews. You can even write a review yourself about the horrible experience.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:04 AM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by usc
Wall of text.

You are not entitled to more than what you paid. So if you paid for a 7500, you should get your 7500. If Acura did damage your rim, then you should also get you a new rim, or of equal condition to the one you brought in.
What about his time, I bet that is worth a lot. Dealerships try to deny things and waste tons of time when people are trying to get something done because of the dealerships screw up. You should get your next service for free. That would be a good way to make up for the bad customer service.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:06 AM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by voidtrance
First, you should learn what a paragraph is and how to use it.
Second, I think you are doing the right thing. I, personally, would not feel bad about the kid beeing arrested. People like that (the kid) just piss me off. There is no question that the dealership should buy you a new rim.
Third (and probably most important), don't EVER take you car back there.
Last but not least, you should learn how to hit the return or enter key between paragraphs, since you want to be all technical about it.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:30 AM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by bw5011
Last but not least, you should learn how to hit the return or enter key between paragraphs, since you want to be all technical about it.
...and also how to add periods, commas and how to capitalize and proof read.

Nothing personal, but I got a headache trying to figure what original poster wrote.

But it was a good story and hopefully you'll get what you ask for from Paragon.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:36 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by TypeSDragon
Paragon and Acura of Brookyln are the WORST dealerships in the NYC area. I got my car in Rallye and I am not too crazy with their service, but still they are way better than those two asshole dealerships. I am sorry, but only idiots will ever to go to Paragon for sales or service.
Correction ......... Paragon and Acura of Brooklyn are the WORST Acura dealerships in the entire United States!

Last edited by DMZ; 09-27-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:51 PM
Advanced

Where do you guys services your TL? Personally I take a drive to Park Ave (NJ) just to stay away from dealerships like Paragon.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:35 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I got some work done at open road... there's a tech there who is a total loser, we are good friends

kidding about the loser part, he's about 6'3" muscular build, ROFL
Old 09-27-2008, 10:56 PM
Cruisin'

That sucks...

My experience is that dealerships' service departments are hit-or-miss. This is across the board, not just Acura/Honda - my husband used to drive a Buick, and the dealership where we bought the Buick had a great service department, but the place we took the car to after we moved, would rob you blind.

If you are in the tri-state area, I highly recommend Devan Acura in Norwalk CT. I took my Vigor there for service, bought my TL there, and take my TL there for service now. It doesn't hurt that they have about a zillion loaner cars.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:06 AM
Advanced

So sorry to hear your story, there is not enough space here write up the nightmare that my friend had when he bought his Honda Pilot (suppossely certified preowned) from Paragon Honda in Queens. They are the lowest forms of human car sales that I have seen and the Finance manager Allen, is the biggest con artist you will ever encounter. He tried to hide an extended warranty on my friend's
purchase until I told him twice to take it off. Check the Better Business Bureu and you will see. The only reason that they are in business is that they prey on the uninformed consumer and mostly minorities.

The same apply to Acura of Brooklyn, what a joke that place is. I rather drive miles away to get my car serviced somewhere else.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:02 PM
Pro

Rallye Acura is ok for service, but the sales dept often gives higher price quotes than other dealers. Being in Roslyn, Long Island, may be the reason for the higher price! Also, if you don't buy from them, they won't give you a loaner car.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:19 PM
Instructor

wow... STICK IT TO THE DEALER.... freakin asses
Old 09-28-2008, 11:29 PM
Driven to Perfection

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How does a 22 year old make $500 per day?
How does anyone who makes $500 per day write like that?

Just wondering if I'm wasting my time with my MBA...
Old 09-29-2008, 02:30 AM
Back w/ WDP RDX

Originally Posted by mattster
How does a 22 year old make $500 per day?
How does anyone who makes $500 per day write like that?

Just wondering if I'm wasting my time with my MBA...
lmao I think that was the total cost of the damage to the rim and a day's pay. Either that, or he works on commission like me...I made $500 today

As for Paragon, all I can say is DITTO to everyone. They are the WORST! I bought my TL there last year and I asked them to fix a scratch on the fender while they prepped it for delivery. I waited FOREVER and they brought the car out looking like someone just SPIT-shined the damn thing.

I just drove away pissed.

I just got my a-spec painted a couple weeks ago and asked them if they could buff that same scratch out. It took them a whole 5 minutes and I can't tell that it was EVER there! I love that body shop!

FOCK PARAGON

(I hope I used enough punctuation and paragraphs for the English majors on the site lol)
Old 10-11-2008, 03:39 PM
ROFLCOPTER!

Originally Posted by Black0ut
...I waited FOREVER and they brought the car out looking like someone just SPIT-shined the damn thing.
I just got my a-spec painted a couple weeks ago and asked them if they could buff that same scratch out. It took them a whole 5 minutes and I can't tell that it was EVER there! I love that body shop!
I'm trying to figure out why you don't like Paragon? They buffed out the scratch and waxed your car for you when you were leaving the sales department on your original purchase. Then you got your a-spec kit painted and they buffed out a scratch for you on that as well. But you don't like Paragon?
Old 10-11-2008, 04:44 PM
Racer

I believe he asked for the scratch to be buffed out, they didn't.

Then the place he had paint his a-spec did it in 5minutes.

Two different places.
Old 10-11-2008, 05:04 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[QUOTE=voidtrance;10025013]Seriously, man, take a minute or two to proof-read what you are posting!

I don't know how important it is to keep blasting the guy about his grammar and usage, it's still pretty easy to decipher what he's trying to say. I've seen much worse on some of these threads.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:24 PM
Back w/ WDP RDX

Originally Posted by xen-cuts
I'm trying to figure out why you don't like Paragon? They buffed out the scratch and waxed your car for you when you were leaving the sales department on your original purchase. Then you got your a-spec kit painted and they buffed out a scratch for you on that as well. But you don't like Paragon?
No, they didn't buff it out. They didn't wax it either. They probably did it by hand because it hardly made ANY difference. Then, the SAME scratch took 5 minutes for the body shop in my town to BUFF out. Can't even see that anything was ever there.
They also overcharged me (my fault) and SHOVED a warranty down my throat. I got it at a great price, but they wouldn't let me out of the room without 3 PEOPLE trying to sell it to me.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:44 PM
ROFLCOPTER!

Originally Posted by Black0ut
No, they didn't buff it out. They didn't wax it either. They probably did it by hand because it hardly made ANY difference. Then, the SAME scratch took 5 minutes for the body shop in my town to BUFF out. Can't even see that anything was ever there.
They also overcharged me (my fault) and SHOVED a warranty down my throat. I got it at a great price, but they wouldn't let me out of the room without 3 PEOPLE trying to sell it to me.
I see. I bet they used some cheap paint polish or something. That's terrible. I also hate the warranty bs! They are very good at selling it and it makes you nervous.
Old 10-11-2008, 10:36 PM
Back w/ WDP RDX

IF they did anything at all...
you know how when you finish a mod on your car how it just FEELS better/faster but it's just your imagination? that's how it "looked" when they brought it out...if i had a Before picture there would be no difference i'm sure.