Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a day at paragon acura. please read

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 06:21 PM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a day at paragon acura. please read

today i go into paragon and drop off my car at 10 30 for a 7500 mile service which was on the house due to my motor blowing a while back. before my motor blew I had paid for a 7500 mile service which was like 60 bucks I think so today I go to get my "7500" mile oil change and they tell me last time the car was here we didn't give it a 7500 mile service we gave it a oil change so im telling the guy well I was suppose to get that service and I paid for it and didn't get it.. so I say fuck it just change my oil which they said it will be ready in a hour. before I give the rep my keys I tell him 3 times please watch out for my rims he said okay so the oil change took 3 hours and I was pist.. so here comes my car looking all good down the block and the tech gets out and hands me my keys and ask me if i paid I said yes and he said well lets go inside and find out and in my head im thinking okay you don't believe me? so I wait another 20 mins for a receipt and as im waiting i see that my whole rims is scraped. i then ask for a manager which they told me he was busy in the back and I said okay ill wait then 45 mins later they tell me he's at a meeting out side the building and some guy comes out stating that my rim was like that when I gave in the car which is BS. so he tells me we will fix it just drop it off 2mor I say ok have a loaner ready for me and he says we have no loaners.. so I called the police to file a report and they went and got the last person that was driving my car which was a 20 year old kid and it turns out the kid had a suspended license.... so the cops arrested him on the spot.. I felt so bad for the kid like if I would had known this I woulda just bought a new rims my self. but fellahs I want Acura to buy me a whole new rim and I want a 15k mile service free due too me paying for the 7500 mile oil change and them just giving me a reg oil change and also want a days pay of work since I had to call out... im asking for 500. what you think? or what should I do?
Old 09-24-2008, 06:32 PM
usc
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wall of text.

You are not entitled to more than what you paid. So if you paid for a 7500, you should get your 7500. If Acura did damage your rim, then you should also get you a new rim, or of equal condition to the one you brought in.

Last edited by usc; 09-24-2008 at 06:35 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:39 PM
3GTLS

First, you should learn what a paragraph is and how to use it.
Second, I think you are doing the right thing. I, personally, would not feel bad about the kid beeing arrested. People like that (the kid) just piss me off. There is no question that the dealership should buy you a new rim.
Third (and probably most important), don't EVER take you car back there.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:44 PM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by voidtrance
Second, I think you are doing the right thing. I, personally, would not feel bad about the kid beeing arrested. People like that (the kid) just piss me off. There is no question that the dealership should buy you a new rim.
+1 lol
Old 09-24-2008, 06:51 PM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

sorry i wrote fast... but yeah i will never bring my car back there.. even one of the techs said to me " dont bring you car back" but i stood shut... do you think i can get a new rim which is 400 and a days pay?
Old 09-24-2008, 06:53 PM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

Originally Posted by usc
Wall of text.

You are not entitled to more than what you paid. So if you paid for a 7500, you should get your 7500. If Acura did damage your rim, then you should also get you a new rim, or of equal condition to the one you brought in.
when i 1st brong my tl in fo rthe 1st oil change is was the 7500 mile oil change i paid for and they only gave me a oil change is what i was told today.. the service manager told me he was going to give me a free 7500 mile oil change due to the blown motor and today i still didnt get it.. i got a oil change only
Old 09-24-2008, 06:53 PM
3GTLS

Originally Posted by ac08odl
do you think i can get a new rim which is 400 and a days pay?
Don't know! It depends on your negotiating skills and how far you are willing to go. Go there, present a strong (but not rude) front and make them understand it is their mistake and you are not willing to back down.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:54 PM
SlammedOnKonis

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
What exactly did you tell the cops over the phone?
Old 09-24-2008, 06:57 PM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

Don't know! It depends on your negotiating skills and how far you are willing to go. Go there, present a strong (but not rude) front and make them understand it is their mistake and you are not willing to back down.
well there service manager didnt want to speak to me at all after the arrested the kid.. im guess just call and ask him for 500.00... i dont think no one wants to deal with me there..
Old 09-24-2008, 06:57 PM
3GTLS

when i 1st brong my tl in fo rthe 1st oil change is was the 7500 mile oil change i paid for and they only gave me a oil change is what i was told today.. the service manager told me he was going to give me a free 7500 mile oil change due to the blown motor and today i still didnt get it.. i got a oil change only
Seriously, man, take a minute or two to proof-read what you are posting!

the service manager told me he was going to give me a free 7500 mile oil change due to the blown motor
If he promised you a free oil change, what else did you expect to get?
Old 09-24-2008, 06:58 PM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

Originally Posted by ifirahse
What exactly did you tell the cops over the phone?
i need a poilce officer to paragon acura to file a damaged report on my car and 3 hours later they show up. i was at the acura dealer from 10 45 untill 5 oclock
Old 09-24-2008, 07:00 PM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

Seriously, man, take a minute or two to proof-read what you are posting!

If he promised you a free oil change, what else did you expect to get?
he was suppose to give me a 7500 mile service which is check the brakes rotate my tires and some other stuff i guess and they only changed my oil.....
Old 09-24-2008, 07:12 PM
KBPftmfw

Received 49 Likes on 28 Posts
This is why it is strongly advisable to learn how to do basic maintenance on your car. Don't expect others to treat your property as you treat it. Things like tire rotations, oil changes, inspecting brakes, etc are all things that you can learn to do with a little practice and effort. If it is a major service that you can't attend to, do your best to stay with the car at the dealer and demand in writing what you want/don't want done to the car.

Also, how do you intend on getting reimbursed for your rim? Do you have anything in writing? Verbal contracts are about as clear as mud with sales/service personnel.

Better luck in the future.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:13 PM
05' AT SSM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Omg i was at dealership for 4 hours and i thought that was bad but 1030 to 5!

Yeah i feel for you, you even gave the idiots fair warning and they still mess your rim up. Shame on that smacktard driving cars without license, i suppose on top of being arrested he'll be fired for lying about having a license and driving cars.

Well its nice hearing which dealerships to avoid with everyones feedback, Fox Acura in GR Michigan has treated me right so far.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:26 PM
Racer

did they do a walk around the car and note any initial vehicle damage? the last general manager i dealt with told me the service rep or service manager is to look over every car before and after with the customer.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:50 PM
Racer

dude, paragon acura are a bunch of fu*kin con aartists over there. i posted my story of going to them months ago. they have to be the absolute worst dealer i have ever been to. i would never in a million years even walk into that dealership for anything ever again. i advise everyone on here not to go there.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:06 PM
Pro

Paragon Honda and Acura are a bunch of liars and theives. I have had a few friends and myself have had problems with them.

They stole a role of quarters from my friends Accord when it was in for service.

Then I almost got into a fist fight with one of them for being insulting to my folks when they brought in an ad that "Paragon" Placed in the newspaper for a new car for sale and a price associated with it. And told my folks that they must be pretty gulliable to think that they would actually sell a car for that price even though that is what they advertised. Then they claimed it was a typo in the paper after I got in the guys face an threatened to make his wife a widow for getting stupid with my father.

So now they claimed it was a typo and they took it up with Newsday and the Daily News claiming that both of them did the same typo. Yet it was in the paper yet again for 2 more weeks.

Paragon Honda/Acura are theives and crooks and wish they were wiped off the face of the earth.

I personally Deal with Valley Stream Acura good people and honest!!! Cant Beat That!!!
Old 09-24-2008, 08:08 PM
Safety Car

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts
Fu*k, I gotta go to my dealership Friday, they suck too, now I am nervous...

good luck gettin your rim replaced
Old 09-24-2008, 08:10 PM
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
man... my car needs service... are there ANY reputable dealerships in nyc/ long island for service? i know ppl rarely post about good experiences... but all these negative ones are such a bummer.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:12 PM
Team SSM Queen

Received 146 Likes on 75 Posts
I ditto what everyone said about Paragon. Do a search and you'll see several threads about how they lie to and cheat their customers. Don't go back there again, go to Rallye in Roslyn or Valley Stream for service you can't do yourself.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:19 PM
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by narnia
I ditto what everyone said about Paragon. Do a search and you'll see several threads about how they lie to and cheat their customers. Don't go back there again, go to Rallye in Roslyn or Valley Stream for service you can't do yourself.
i was hopin to see someone recommend VS... they have stellar sales reviews online... but zero service reviews... if i don't go to my original dealership in jersey... VS will be my next choice.. and hopefully my only choice in the future
Old 09-24-2008, 08:47 PM
Pro

when i take my car in, i tell them i want to watch them work on my car.. it works well...
Old 09-24-2008, 08:48 PM
Loving my 08 TLS!

Paragon and Acura of Brookyln are the WORST dealerships in the NYC area. I got my car in Rallye and I am not too crazy with their service, but still they are way better than those two asshole dealerships. I am sorry, but only idiots will ever to go to Paragon for sales or service.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:58 PM
Cruisin'

ac08odl

did you buy your car there? I bought mine from them a couple of weeks ago, awesome price but the service dept was horrible. I had to grab Justin (floor sales mgr) to square things away for me.

who was the service mgr that you dealt with? from my initial dealings with them, every other idiot claims to be a service mgr. Look for Jeff, he runs the shop.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:49 PM
usc
Racer

You guys should all file a formal complaint with Acura headquarters. If Paragon is as bad as you all say it is, then you as the consumer can do something about it.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:10 PM
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Paragon Honda/Acura is the sleaziest, greasiest dealers you ever want to be associated with. There is a reason i drive my car all the way to Hillside Acura of Bayshore. I always get a loaner, a free car wash and i never get any scratches or scrapes.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:35 PM
10th Gear

wow.. i think i got ripped off when i got my car at paragon last year.but you are right about them.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:03 PM
Instructor

Good luck bro, hope you have a good lawyer. Paragon Acura is the worst, especially its sales people. Stay away from Sammy Yip and another guy who says hes the GM a young white guy with glasses. They are the worst people to deal with.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:59 PM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

Originally Posted by 95oRANGEcRUSH
This is why it is strongly advisable to learn how to do basic maintenance on your car. Don't expect others to treat your property as you treat it. Things like tire rotations, oil changes, inspecting brakes, etc are all things that you can learn to do with a little practice and effort. If it is a major service that you can't attend to, do your best to stay with the car at the dealer and demand in writing what you want/don't want done to the car.

Also, how do you intend on getting reimbursed for your rim? Do you have anything in writing? Verbal contracts are about as clear as mud with sales/service personnel.

Better luck in the future.
i have a police report and acura wrote it on paper that they messed up my rim.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:00 AM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

Originally Posted by New Car TL-S
did they do a walk around the car and note any initial vehicle damage? the last general manager i dealt with told me the service rep or service manager is to look over every car before and after with the customer.
yeah they did but not with me..
Old 09-25-2008, 12:01 AM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

Originally Posted by jnnyjuice
dude, paragon acura are a bunch of fu*kin con aartists over there. i posted my story of going to them months ago. they have to be the absolute worst dealer i have ever been to. i would never in a million years even walk into that dealership for anything ever again. i advise everyone on here not to go there.
tell me about it... they fuckin dicks..
Old 09-25-2008, 12:03 AM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

Originally Posted by 240hpaccord
ac08odl

did you buy your car there? I bought mine from them a couple of weeks ago, awesome price but the service dept was horrible. I had to grab Justin (floor sales mgr) to square things away for me.

who was the service mgr that you dealt with? from my initial dealings with them, every other idiot claims to be a service mgr. Look for Jeff, he runs the shop.
yeah i got it from there.. i delt with ellan a really nice lady.. till this day she still checks up on me and the car.. i was dealing with the service mrg and i for got his name. he was a dick.. the cop told him off
Old 09-25-2008, 12:05 AM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

Originally Posted by New Car TL-S
and they also tryed to tell the cop they marked down that the wheel was messed up which was bs and the cop told him i dont care about that you could had marked that just now.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:07 AM
SlammedOnKonis

Someone should email this thread to their online dept.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:06 AM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

does anyone have the acura client service number?
Old 09-25-2008, 07:08 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
800 382-2238 Acura Client

I had problems with Paragon Dont go to that place and i file complains about them. Stay away from them. Have them pay for your damage.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:17 AM
My baby's ride...

today i go into paragon and drop off my car at 10 30 for a 7500 mile service which was on the house due to my motor blowing a while back. before my motor blew I had paid for a 7500 mile service which was like 60 bucks I think so today I go to get my "7500" mile oil change and they tell me last time the car was here we didn't give it a 7500 mile service we gave it a oil change so im telling the guy well I was suppose to get that service and I paid for it and didn't get it.. so I say fuck it just change my oil which they said it will be ready in a hour. before I give the rep my keys I tell him 3 times please watch out for my rims he said okay so the oil change took 3 hours and I was pist.. so here comes my car looking all good down the block and the tech gets out and hands me my keys and ask me if i paid I said yes and he said well lets go inside and find out and in my head im thinking okay you don't believe me? so I wait another 20 mins for a receipt and as im waiting i see that my whole rims is scraped. i then ask for a manager which they told me he was busy in the back and I said okay ill wait then 45 mins later they tell me he's at a meeting out side the building and some guy comes out stating that my rim was like that when I gave in the car which is BS. so he tells me we will fix it just drop it off 2mor I say ok have a loaner ready for me and he says we have no loaners.. so I called the police to file a report and they went and got the last person that was driving my car which was a 20 year old kid and it turns out the kid had a suspended license.... so the cops arrested him on the spot.. I felt so bad for the kid like if I would had known this I woulda just bought a new rims my self. but fellahs I want Acura to buy me a whole new rim and I want a 15k mile service free due too me paying for the 7500 mile oil change and them just giving me a reg oil change and also want a days pay of work since I had to call out... im asking for 500. what you think? or what should I do?
Wow...this is where I bought my 05 MDX and 06 TL. Never had any problems. But you did the right thing in reporting it to ensure that they admit damage. As an employer, they are responsible for their employees so they are not off the hook. Now, if they don't provide new or comparable rims...you need to get a lawyer involved or file a suit in small claims court.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:25 AM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

Originally Posted by luckyAKAhappy
Wow...this is where I bought my 05 MDX and 06 TL. Never had any problems. But you did the right thing in reporting it to ensure that they admit damage. As an employer, they are responsible for their employees so they are not off the hook. Now, if they don't provide new or comparable rims...you need to get a lawyer involved or file a suit in small claims court.
im asking for 500 for one rim. what you think?
Old 09-25-2008, 07:47 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
NY's worst?

Having a hard time weighing in if manhattan is worst that paragon... But honestly they are just as bad

Curry Acura has treated me well
Old 09-25-2008, 07:50 AM
My baby's ride...

im asking for 500 for one rim. what you think?
If 500 is the cost of a new rim, your day's pay and aggravation you had to endure, that's fine. Most likely they will only fix your rims to same condition as your other 3 rims and hope you go away. Don't let them off the hook though and be persistant. Good luck.

Quick Reply: a day at paragon acura. please read