Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DAmn! Racoon >:(

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 12:57 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DAmn! Racoon >:(

Mods move this if its in the wrong area.

Man this morning as I make a right turn to get into the main road. i see a racoon dart across from me from the right. My First instinct is to sverve and move to the right as i was far right lane on a two lane street bymyself, thinking the racoon saw me and will stop in its tracks but no it kept going to the left, and of course i hit and ran over it.

i would have stop and check the damage. but i was already late for work and i couldnt have see the damage as it was still dark. so i kept on going, prayed for the racoon. when i stop and park at my work, damage for the most part was minimal. but that damn racoon as its last act of revenge took my front license plate and bracket with it.

other than that. it has some small spider cracks right where the license plate goes so its no biggie but i dont know if they came from the raccoon. or the previous owner.

Carlo
Old 10-30-2007, 01:21 PM
A J35A8 EG civic is in

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
Yea I hate those, Ive had soo many close calls, but thank God I havent hit any.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:33 PM
Instructor

I cut a Jack Russel in half right in front of the family that owned him; yes it was literally in half-or maybe 1/4 and 3/4- anyways his midsection and intestines were smiling at me . I felt so incredibly bad and spent 15 minutes appologizing to a grandfather and his grandson. I was thinking about sending a card until I walked back to my car and saw my new aspec front lip cracked and hanging. I do not know if that got more stares or the blood spray all the way down my passenger side. Everytime I look at my poor aspec and, subsequently, cracked bumper, I wonder, do all dogs go to heaven?
Old 10-30-2007, 01:58 PM
nnInn

Received 1,084 Likes on 646 Posts
I wonder why he took your tag and holder? He probably left it in the street.

Raccoon
Old 10-30-2007, 02:45 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
you left the plate there... PETA gonna come after you bro
Old 10-30-2007, 02:59 PM
Cruisin'

i know oh well my defense it was dark and i thought it was a rock. haha

Carlo
Old 10-30-2007, 04:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Old 10-30-2007, 04:30 PM
Intermediate

I would have a tough time looking at an ex-racoon ... glad there was no pics

Or Jack Russel for that matter
Old 10-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Cruisin'

haha once i drive back from work today i'll double check for remains and my plate. if you guys want pics i'll pm you haha

Carlo
Old 10-30-2007, 05:21 PM
E55>>>TLS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Drunken Monkey
Mods move this if its in the wrong area.

Man this morning as I make a right turn to get into the main road. i see a racoon dart across from me from the right. My First instinct is to sverve and move to the right as i was far right lane on a two lane street bymyself, thinking the racoon saw me and will stop in its tracks but no it kept going to the left, and of course i hit and ran over it.

i would have stop and check the damage. but i was already late for work and i couldnt have see the damage as it was still dark. so i kept on going, prayed for the racoon. when i stop and park at my work, damage for the most part was minimal. but that damn racoon as its last act of revenge took my front license plate and bracket with it.

other than that. it has some small spider cracks right where the license plate goes so its no biggie but i dont know if they came from the raccoon. or the previous owner.

Carlo
thats nothing....last year i was coming home from work and i turned onto my street and a peacock came running out of nowhere and like you, I swerved but that stupid thing hit the side of my front bumper and cracked it hardcore. I had an IS300 back then. So as I parked my car in my garage w/ the bloody bumper, I hear an ambulance coming and wouldn't you know it, it was for the peacock! So it was ok. I can't believe someone would keep a peacock in there home.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:40 PM
Instructor

Yeah I had a close call too. Driving late for work one early morning and half asleep on I-295 in Jersey, I was doing the speed limit of 65. From the middle of the highway (the grassy part that separates the highway) a deer darted from the left side .... stopped right in the middle of the road and of course out of the three lanes .... in my lane.

I tried stepping on the brakes but I was too close I was gonna hit it .... I tried swerving to the left but there was a car ... so I swerved to the right nearly hitting the deer .... just by a few inches ...... The car handled well and with me leaving thread marks on the road.

I looked back in my rear view mirror, the deer was still standing there and all the cars behind me stopped.

I was like .... adios amigos ... wait for that thing to move hahaha ... then I sped away coz I'm really late for work but this time I'm wide awake.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:52 PM
Pro

You're very lucky it was just your front license plate and bracket. Less than a month after buying my CL two years ago, I hit a raccoon going about 45 - 50 mph. It really messed up the front bumper near the foglight / side in front of the tire. This black part was hanging off, and it cracked part of the bumper. I was able to repair it myself, but I was pissed.

Luckily, I have not seen any raccoons since buying the TL in August, haha
Old 10-31-2007, 08:27 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I live in the city like no houses tall buildings only... and the other day I walked out my house... there was a raccoon rigth next to the trash... it hissed at me.... (totally unrelated)

ps. Hope it all goes well when you cover that scratch up good luck
Old 10-31-2007, 11:45 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by dejavecu
I cut a Jack Russel in half right in front of the family that owned him; yes it was literally in half-or maybe 1/4 and 3/4- anyways his midsection and intestines were smiling at me . I felt so incredibly bad and spent 15 minutes appologizing to a grandfather and his grandson. I was thinking about sending a card until I walked back to my car and saw my new aspec front lip cracked and hanging. I do not know if that got more stares or the blood spray all the way down my passenger side. Everytime I look at my poor aspec and, subsequently, cracked bumper, I wonder, do all dogs go to heaven?

if your town has a leash law then the owners of the jack russel are responsible for your damage. If you feel like be a dick (like i would) then contact them and the law and get your aspec fixed or replaced on their dime.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:11 PM
bmw motorrad

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by stillhere153
I live in the city like no houses tall buildings only... and the other day I walked out my house... there was a raccoon rigth next to the trash... it hissed at me.... (totally unrelated)

ps. Hope it all goes well when you cover that scratch up good luck
There are raccoons all over Central Park, close to where I live... talk about a "green area" that's totally isolated from true woods and forests! Where in the city do you live?

Drunken Monkey, sorry 'bout your plate and raccoon problem
Old 10-31-2007, 01:35 PM
Cruisin'

Update. haha i stopped by last night and found my plate but no dead raccoon and no remains must have been cleaned up. haha i picked up the plate and i put it on my wifes lap she was grossed out haha. saw little blood splatter on the plate. , but nothing to gross.

I plan on getting a new bumper anyway for show, and keep this bumper as battle scar commuter bumper.

Carlo
Old 10-31-2007, 05:46 PM
Advanced

i feel your pain, i was driving at night cruising at 100km and a racoon ran across the road.

Old 10-31-2007, 10:57 PM
Pro

Just as an FYI....

DON'T!!!! Don't try and miss the stupid animal... there are a good number of people who have been killed hitting something trying to dodge an animal...

Better a dead racoon or dog... or even deer than YOU...

But, I know it is easier said than done as I have made the swerve a few times myself..