Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Curry Acura TL Party

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 09:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Curry Acura TL Party

Has anyone else here recived an invitation to the acura tl party at curry acura in scarsdale ??
Old 10-07-2003, 12:02 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
**** curry.... its a ****ing ripoff.... i had to intern there for senior year HS.... larchmont is much better.... i live 5 minutes from curry.....
neways, if u r considering a 04, try larchmont first
Old 10-07-2003, 12:09 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Jaydef
**** curry.... its a ****ing ripoff.... i had to intern there for senior year HS.... larchmont is much better.... i live 5 minutes from curry.....
No doubt.....i would never buy any car there....the two times i tried to get a deal there they tried to jerk us. So as a result they lost me and my brother as a customer. I only buy from Westcheter Acura.....its where i got my TLS and where im gonna buy my 04 6 speed.But im still goin to the party at Currry.....lol.
Old 10-07-2003, 08:42 AM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
to add to what everyone else has said.

curry acura sucks big ones!
i wouldn't even wipe my a$$ with
their coupons, that's how much they
suck.

be careful that the free food doesn't
give you ptomaine.

Acura of Westchester in Larchmont is much better. I'd rather go to Bedford Hills or even across the river to Park Ave Acura before I go to Curry Acura.
Old 10-07-2003, 09:34 AM
Advanced

I never bought a car from there, and dont think I will. To make a long story short. The sales rep. was trying to sell me the 2004 TL $3000 over MSRP.
Old 10-07-2003, 09:47 AM
Instructor

I'll trump all of you.

If Curry Acura is the same ownership as Curry Honda in Atlanta, then...

I took my S2000 there for some minor body work. The wife drove over a plastic carton and damaged the front fascia. When we picked it up, my wife had trouble attaching the seat belt. It finally latched, but felt very gritty. So, a couple of days later she notices that the top is "glittery". Sure enough, it is glittery as well as the interior. Answer - broken glass ! I called the service manager and asked him if he anything to tell me. I told him that I felt like my car had been in a "Ferris Bueller's Day Off Ferrari" scene. He then proceeded to tell me that they hid the fact that they broke the driver's window while trying to prevent the car from being stolen from their lot! I was livid ! They reported the theft to the police but didn't say word one to me. It was a joke since there was a sandwich baggie full of broken glass found in the interior.

So what they they do for me? Absolutely nothing. The driver's window still rattles to this day. I wrote a letter to HOA to no avail. You will not find me buying toilet paper from those jerks.

rw
Old 10-07-2003, 09:50 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by NsX Pilot
No doubt.....i would never buy any car there....the two times i tried to get a deal there they tried to jerk us. So as a result they lost me and my brother as a customer. I only buy from Westcheter Acura.....its where i got my TLS and where im gonna buy my 04 6 speed.But im still goin to the party at Currry.....lol.
No Sh%t! I live in NY and had a deal with them on an '02 TL-S. I was driving 3.5 hours to pick it up - got there and the details rapidly changed.:thefinger

How is Westchester to deal with? Are they willing to deal on your '04 TL?
Old 10-07-2003, 09:51 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by Jaydef
Will Larchmont deal on the 04 tl's yet? How is there service dept?
Old 10-07-2003, 10:49 AM
Racer

Larchmont's Acura of Westchester has VERY REPUTABLE AND KNOWLEDGEABLE service technicians.

Ask for Ashley to work on your car (he's by far one of the best Acura/Honda mechanic that I've come across).

Once again: F' Curry Acura
Old 10-07-2003, 11:23 AM
Three Wheelin'

Ok i think we get the point ....we all know that curry acura sucks......but if your gonna vent start another thread so more people can chime in.Yes Acura in larchmount is great ....they were at one time the largest volume dealer in the usa.....i dont know if they still hold that title.But anywhere you may go there is still a chance you will find a bad salesman there .......but i knew what i wanted and i was just looking for the right price and the manager whom i spoke with gave me that price.......just hope he will be willing to deal the same way on a 04.
Old 10-07-2003, 12:02 PM
an Acura has-been

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 10-07-2003, 12:06 PM
Racer

NsxPilot
didn't mean to get outta hand with it that's why I put the jab in at the end.
I don't think that there's a need for a vent thread.

I was actually trying to answer Airdog's question about the service dept. That's why I was telling him to ask for Ashley who is the one technician I can vouch for for.

I don't have any input on the sales end because I only buy from Northeast Acura in Albany, NY.

But you're right as far as sales is concerned. Once you know what you want and you find the right place then you'll get what you want.
Old 10-07-2003, 01:09 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by nyctl
NsxPilot
didn't mean to get outta hand with it that's why I put the jab in at the end.
I don't think that there's a need for a vent thread.

I was actually trying to answer Airdog's question about the service dept. That's why I was telling him to ask for Ashley who is the one technician I can vouch for for.

I don't have any input on the sales end because I only buy from Northeast Acura in Albany, NY.

But you're right as far as sales is concerned. Once you know what you want and you find the right place then you'll get what you want.
Thanks for the info. I am a few hours from Albany - I am interested to know why you are happy with Larchmont but do not buy your vehicles there, instead you go to NE Acura. How are they on dealing on cars?
Old 10-07-2003, 04:32 PM
Banned

curry made me pay for new brakes and get my rotors surfaced at 12,000 miles.

i had problems with them also. i do only go to them since they are close.
Old 10-07-2003, 07:03 PM
Racer

long response to Airdog

First, I went to grad school in Albany. My first Acuras I bought in the Albany area but not from Northeast.(my vigor, my friend's 95 Legend GS, my other friend's 96 TL, another's 94 Vigor and my wife's 96 TL) They serviced them as if they were "theirs." I developed a good relationship with them as a result.

This transferred over to their sales dept as I met a few of the salespeople and due in part to a bad interaction with one salesperson who took it upon himself to be discriminatory to me and my friend when we went for a test drive.

Long story short, the other salespeople informed us that the owner personally dealt with that salesperson and he was relieved of his duties.

I personally met the owner who was a down to earth and knowledgeable person. When the CL type S was first coming out, he saw me in the dealership, asked me if I test drove it yet, I told him no as I heard that he had the only one available. He tossed me the keys and told me "See in a couple of hours." Now mind you this is the owner of an Acura dealership with no other competing dealership in at least 90 miles.

I've referred others to them. One guy couldn't get a deal on an 03 MDX in the metro NY area to save his life. Northeast treated him right and he had his MDX that following week.

I bought my 02 TLP from them last Nov and still go there for service but I've since moved down to Rockland/Westchester area so I had to find a closer service area (for the wife's 96 TL). Acura of Westchester was the best substitute for me. That's why I recommended them for SERVICE. The tech I mentioned proved to be among the best.

If you're looking to go to NEast then let me know and I'll give you the name of the sales rep to talk to.
Old 10-07-2003, 11:22 PM
Banned

i got a new 01 TL (wood dash opt) from Larchmont. Zero down, 440 a month....(36 mo)
my dad DID get his new 02 CL-P from curry for 25,500 tho... i think thats a pretty good deal

my mom checked out the bone stock MDX at curry. zero down, 580 a month!!! 36 mo. she ended up getting an A6 3.0 for 490 (42 mo).. MUCH better deal if u ask me, when the retail for th A6 is well over 5k more than the MDX
Old 10-07-2003, 11:27 PM
Banned

when i was internnig at Curry, i had to move a CLS6, which was EXTREMELY rare at the time, had I/H/E pulleys, etc... NEWAYS.
my boss took a wad of like 200 bucks, and put it halfway under the floormat to see if i would take it. what a douche bag. I had to intern senior year for 3 month in order to graduate, which he knew. it was like he was trying to get me fired, which wud cause me NOT to graduate from school..... i moved the car, then tossed him his $ back
Old 10-08-2003, 07:23 AM
Instructor

Re: long response to Airdog

Originally posted by nyctl
First, I went to grad school in Albany. My first Acuras I bought in the Albany area but not from .........................
If you're looking to go to NEast then let me know and I'll give you the name of the sales rep to talk to.
Thanks for the feedback. My local dealership has NO CONCERN for the customers after the cars are sold, and refuses to deal - even as of a 2 months ago they still wanted MSRP for ther 2003 TL's.

Please send me the contact at NE Acura if possible. Drop me a mesage. Thanks again.
Old 10-08-2003, 05:40 PM
Racer

Airdog
Sent you a PM
Old 01-05-2004, 01:33 PM
Advanced

Westchester wasn't willing to deal anything off MSRP. Larchmont wanted $1000 off. Curry gave me $1500.00 off (04tl, nav, auto)

I havent had any bad experiences with them yet. I dont know about their service department.
Old 01-05-2004, 03:44 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally posted by csrx
Westchester wasn't willing to deal anything off MSRP. Larchmont wanted $1000 off.
Is "Westchester" the same as "Larchmont"?
Old 01-06-2004, 11:04 AM
Advanced

Originally posted by rets
Is "Westchester" the same as "Larchmont"?
You're right, they are the same. I was thinking Open Road, but typed Larchmont.