Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

curbed wheel by the dealership

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
curbed wheel by the dealership

I just picked up my manual WDP 06 TL from the service department. It was in for an oil change and 3rd gear notchyness. I just waxed the car last weekend so I know there was no damage to the wheels, I am extremely anal about not curbing my rims. I have the 18" aspec wheels that I got gouged for from the dealership. I am the only one who drives the car so I would know if I creamed the rim. Anyway I called the dealership once I got home and saw the damage and I got the old call the service manager back on Monday. I bought two 06 TL's from them less than 3 months ago (one for the wife) and I am hoping they dont think I'm the kinda guy thats gonna come in after he shanks his rim and blame it on the dealership. We shall see on Moday, if I need to come back on here and flame them or not.

By the way the 3rd gear notchyness, they couldnt recreate it. I brought up the syncromesh solusion and one of the mechanics said they know about it and yes it does smoth out the shifts but it voids the waranty because it's not made for the bearings????????

Old 09-08-2006, 05:53 PM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
Damn! That's not just a blemish, either. The idiot that did this knew it, and it chaps me to think they'd just try to let it slide.

I wouldn't call on Monday ... I'd show up in person. Ask for the dealership's Gen. Mgr. if the Svc. Mgr. isn't available or tries to weasel out.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:10 PM
Racer

i noticed you are from philly.

which philly dealership do you go to?
Old 09-08-2006, 06:25 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jsong83
i noticed you are from philly.

which philly dealership do you go to?
The dealership is in the northern suburbs. I'd rather not say who the dealership is until I find out what there going to do for me on Monday. It'l be flame time or everyone should go to this dealership. In any case whoever curbbed it should have sacked up.

When I went to pick up the car the first day they had installed the rear wing and some how dropped a wheel on the left side of the trunk, this caused a nice dent and a broken tail light. they owned right up to that one because I guess it was hard to miss.

Anyway I have faith they will make it right, if they tell me to go pound then I have lost all faith in the service industry.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:52 PM
Racer

northern suburbs. that pretty much narrows it down to 2 and one of those 2 is my dealer. haha
Old 09-08-2006, 07:01 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jsong83
northern suburbs. that pretty much narrows it down to 2 and one of those 2 is my dealer. haha
Dude I'm just looking for a little honesty, like I said they fixed the trunk no problem and the service guy's were excelent. I just want to see if they are going to sack up to this and get me a new wheel/tire. I'm thinking they will, but to quote Mike_TX... "The idiot that did this knew it, and it chaps me to think they'd just try to let it slide."
Old 09-08-2006, 07:07 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
Damn! That's not just a blemish, either. The idiot that did this knew it, and it chaps me to think they'd just try to let it slide.

I wouldn't call on Monday ... I'd show up in person. Ask for the dealership's Gen. Mgr. if the Svc. Mgr. isn't available or tries to weasel out.
Hey Mike, sorry to hear about Dallas and all, I think they make an oitment for the T.O. fungus your gonna come down with.

E A G L E S !!!!
Old 09-08-2006, 07:15 PM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Call BS on the "Syncromesh Voids Warranty" Claim

My DEALER (Pohanka Acura, Chantilly VA) put it in at my request.

I did pay for the Friction Modified fluid (bought it from their Chevy store next door), but the Acura service department cheerfully poured it in for me. This was over 5,000 miles ago ... and not a "notch" since
Old 09-08-2006, 07:19 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 90 Likes on 75 Posts
Well, my dealer has damaged my 06 twice. first time, they backed into a wall, or ran a tire into the rear bumper. The last time they tore a whole in my aspect bumper. They fixed it both time, mainly, cuz I noticed the damage before I left the lot. I always take my car to the side and wipe it down with quick detailer dafter service.. Easy to find damage that way. I tell the dealer to inspect my car, and I do not want not one scratch on it. I also tell them I will check my car complely before I leave. Needles to say it made no difference the last time. Make sure you bring the damge to the attention of the general manager of the dealership. I have a special service manager I am to call now. What difference this will make when I bring it back, only time will tell. I have purchased both RL and TSX from my dealer.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:22 PM
Advanced

I feel bad for you, but this is a war you may lose. They will just say that there is no proof that you didn't do the damage your self.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:26 PM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
Originally Posted by damntl
Hey Mike, sorry to hear about Dallas and all, I think they make an oitment for the T.O. fungus your gonna come down with.

E A G L E S !!!!
Nah, there's no cure for TOitis. It's always fatal. Jerry Jomes has just shown his stupidity again, I'm afraid.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:32 PM
Racer

not to stray off topic but TO is my boy. if the eagles were smart, we should have just paid him so he would shut up.

i love the eagles to death but they gotta be the cheapest team in the league along with new england.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:55 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Smittymac
I feel bad for you, but this is a war you may lose. They will just say that there is no proof that you didn't do the damage your self.

He's right, unless you brought this up to them before you left the lot after what ever service you requested to have, they can just say you did it and its not their fault....Always inspect the car before you leave the dealer's parking lot next time
Old 09-10-2006, 01:46 AM
My username is lame

dam.. this sucks. im not sure if they would replace them for you. Usually people who works at dealers dont care, once you leave, its your problem.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:52 PM
Not a dude.

I hope I'm not stating something too obvious, but be really careful driving on that tire. I had a blowout not to long ago and it was a very scary experience. My tire had a minor flaw in it, nothing as bad as what your picture shows. I ignored it, saying to myself, "oh I'll get another 10,000 out of these babies" and WHAM. I'll never do that again.

Pics at
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...hlight=blowout
Old 09-10-2006, 06:55 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

may be a tough one since you didn't notice it before you left, hopefully things work out for you
Old 09-11-2006, 08:12 AM
Intermediate

Great news the dealership called me this morning and immediately offered to replace the wheel and tire. thats right I didnt even have to call them. Now that’s service.

I will now take a moment to gush over how great this dealership is.

DAVIS ACURA in Langhorne PA is without a doubt the best Acura dealership around. I have bought 2 TL's from them in the past 4 months and I would definately go back and get more.

There service department is second to none and big props to the service manager Steve Pulli for making this happen.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:24 AM
Cruisin'

Great for you.

My first oil change/tire rotation was at a Honda dealership. They gouged a rim pretty bad (like an air wrench slipped), and like you I had detailed the car a week before and was quite sure it was fresh from their work. I noticed it after I got home, called them, and they had the rim repaired. I didn't know that work could even be done. The repair was flawless. Almost a year later, I still can't tell that rim from the other three.

Obviously the tire must be replaced asap. It's mighty big of them to replace both tire and rim with new. They're probably eating $400 or so. But hey, they caused it...
Old 09-11-2006, 03:39 PM
Advanced

Good shit
Old 09-13-2006, 07:26 PM
My username is lame

dam thats freaking crazy(the wheel blow out) but good stuff, the dealer replaced your tire for you.