Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coverking leather seat covers??

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Coverking leather seat covers??

I pretty much know what to expect from this but I thought I would ask about these seat covers. They're fairly expensive at $500. I know price does not guarantee anything but I'm somewhat encouraged that they may look OEM and not like cheap seat covers since they're more than double the price of most covers. I have the black interior so they should not horribly stand out as seat covers.

Just wondering if anyone has ever used or seen these before. My leather looks like everyone else's with 100,000 miles. I've kept the interior looking new, replacing anything and everything that shows even a little wear. The seats look out of place in my interior due to the wear. I don't want to blow $500 on something that's going to make it look worse than it already does but these may not be too bad. Looks like the seating surfaces are real leather and the rest is fake leather. If you guys don't like them, I'll just buy the horribly overpriced OEM covers one seat at a time.

TIA.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:15 PM
Chapter Leader (Central New Jersey)

Received 220 Likes on 202 Posts
i would just go oem one seat at a time
Old 11-13-2010, 01:23 AM
Registered Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
IHC have you checked out leatherseats.com? Im getting my replacement leather from them ($1050) and its much better quality than oem.

With the air bags in the side of the seat the seat covers could hinder their deployment and could result in serious injury to you or you passenger.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:29 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 84 Likes on 79 Posts
x2 .... i have heard a lotta good things about leatherseats.com
Old 11-13-2010, 12:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by Toddy
IHC have you checked out leatherseats.com? Im getting my replacement leather from them ($1050) and its much better quality than oem.

With the air bags in the side of the seat the seat covers could hinder their deployment and could result in serious injury to you or you passenger.
Please post up some pics when you receive them and after instal if you can.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:34 PM
Team Owner

Thanks! I just spent 30 minutes over there going over the pictures and install. This is definately on my to do list in the next few months. Looks fairly simple and I have a ton of hogrings and the pliers from work. Interiors are my weakness. I flat out don't have the talent to do it well. I guess I can take the seats inside the house and spend an entire weekend if I have to. Again, thanks. These are cheaper than factory and I think there's no doubt the quality and appearance is much better. So many options from 2 tone, different color piping and stitching, suede.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:05 AM
Registered Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by I hate cars
Thanks! I just spent 30 minutes over there going over the pictures and install. This is definately on my to do list in the next few months. Looks fairly simple and I have a ton of hogrings and the pliers from work. Interiors are my weakness. I flat out don't have the talent to do it well. I guess I can take the seats inside the house and spend an entire weekend if I have to. Again, thanks. These are cheaper than factory and I think there's no doubt the quality and appearance is much better. So many options from 2 tone, different color piping and stitching, suede.
They will send you free samples of the different colors and types too. Im going to go with their Ectasy Black Leather with Suede Centers. The Ectasy collection runs like 600 more but it is some soft, thick leather.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:43 AM
OCD

Received 126 Likes on 43 Posts
I installed one of these kits on my acura legend about 7 years ago, still holding up good and the install is a DIY if your that kind of person, took me probably 30 hours to do back seats were the hardest lots of hog ties!

Make sure you get FULL leather kit I went with the cheaper method and got the mixed kit basically leather on all used surfaces and vinyl on the sides. Over time the two materials have faded differently and the vinyl is lighter then the leather parts

Name:  IMG_3109.jpg
Views: 3758
Size:  94.6 KB
Old 11-14-2010, 01:09 PM
under renovations....

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
My seats are looking like crap too. They look like there 5 years old already. They've gotten stained blue from jeans on the bottom and lower back portion. Plus they're cracked up. I hate my color first and foremost, I have the tan color for the type s. I wanted black and I was thinking of going all black on the seats and doors and rear decklid and leaving the top but right now that's too costly. I am interested in seeing how the leatherseats.com covers look after install. I also wanna install the drivers side heated seat element on the pass side for the back. For the life of me I can't unederstand why acura would only put the pad on the pass side botton and not the back like the drivers side makes no sense.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:26 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by CubanLynx84
My seats are looking like crap too. They look like there 5 years old already. They've gotten stained blue from jeans on the bottom and lower back portion. Plus they're cracked up. I hate my color first and foremost, I have the tan color for the type s. I wanted black and I was thinking of going all black on the seats and doors and rear decklid and leaving the top but right now that's too costly. I am interested in seeing how the leatherseats.com covers look after install. I also wanna install the drivers side heated seat element on the pass side for the back. For the life of me I can't unederstand why acura would only put the pad on the pass side botton and not the back like the drivers side makes no sense.
Supposedly the reason for not using the seatback warmer on the passenger side is due to the airbag. That's what Acura says but I'm not sure I believe it.

While you have the seats out, the carpet will be a piece of cake. I plan on replacing mine. It's not expensive and between the carpet and seats, you'll have 75% of your interior color change. If you don't feel like changing everything, two tone leather on the seats as you mentioned sounds like a very good idea.

I can't wait to do mine. Just ordered the leather arm rest cover yesterday as mine is finally showing wear. My interior is so new looking, the seats are really standing out.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:45 PM
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I dont know much about the after market seat covers, but I needed a replacement for the rear lower seat cover and acura wants like $500-600 just for the lower cover. Its not worth replacing the interior with oem for that price.. I found a lower seat(with cushion) on ebay and met up with the guy. The seat was in good condition. I got it for a steal IMO ($150.) I swapped them out and now I am going to try and sew in suede inserts.It was a B*** to take the cover off. IM wondering how difficult it will be to get the cover back on. Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
Vazquez732 (06-27-2011)
Old 11-14-2010, 02:26 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have used cover king twice in the past on my nissans.They are a very nice product and fit realy well.Just do not buy them from cover king directly like I did the first time and pay double what I got my second set for from jc witneys.Witneys makes for ordering process harder but it is a lot cheaper.