Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Courtesy Acura of Sanford Florida= Thieves

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 07:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,000 Likes on 1,421 Posts
Originally Posted by HIS TL
I only deal with Angie or Steve. This time it was Angie and ya I totally agree with you, Brian is a total asshole and I don't know how he still has a job at Acura. Ill ask who the tech was and find out his name but they already asked the guy who worked on my car of he "saw" my items and he said no. There might be a good chance it was one of the people who cleaned out my car but who knows :/. It's just irritating when people take your shit you know?

So it was Angie that told you it happens or Brian? If it was Angie, that's very much unlike her. If it was Brian, no surprise... How he has a job there, I don't know. All I can say is call up the dealer and ask to speak to client Relations woman. I spoke to her about Brian when I had a bad experience and she said "it was unlike him." Voice your opinion and make a difference!

It's very irritating when dealers do this, but find out who the tech was and I'll have my buddy talk to him...
Old 10-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by csmeance
So it was Angie that told you it happens or Brian? If it was Angie, that's very much unlike her. If it was Brian, no surprise... How he has a job there, I don't know. All I can say is call up the dealer and ask to speak to client Relations woman. I spoke to her about Brian when I had a bad experience and she said "it was unlike him." Voice your opinion and make a difference!

It's very irritating when dealers do this, but find out who the tech was and I'll have my buddy talk to him...
Ya, It was Angie who I dealt with this time. She just transferred me to rodney immediately when I told her. I got a message from Steve (who I also deal with often and he's amazing), I think he said he's the service manager which I didnt know that was his title. I'm going to call him and talk to him Tommorow and see what he has to say, i'll keep you guys on the heads up of what goes on. I'll definitely find out who the tech was and i'll let you know also tommorow.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:23 PM
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by HIS TL
I've heard of that place. I think i'm going to check them out for my maintenance on my car next
yup yup.. they are good and when u wait you can look at all the NSXs there lol

Tell Nabil (the owner) that RJ with the white TL with the greddy exhaust sent you =)

Good honest people there.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:01 AM
2011 BMW 335i

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 01tl4tl
A: Its probably not your tech, they make too much money to risk job stealing items
Unless it was their last day and saw a bonus~
B: The wash guys have more access to the cars alone and make 10 bucks an hour if they are lucky--job loss risk--last day....
C: Sometimes cars get left unlocked and thieves wander the lot looking for the easy score
D: Stop calling the service writer- its Service MANAGER AND General MANAGER of the dealership time-
LOL My friend works for an Acura dealership as a lot attendant/car washing and thats about what he makes ($10 a hour)...HAHAHAH! He says they have never thought about stealing something from someone's car, he's usually pretty honest and has admitted to worst things before so I believe him. That's my local Acura dealer though, I dunno what bad habits your dealer might have. My friend did tell me sometimes the cars are left unlocked accidentally, and if this is the case at your dealer too it is very possible that some random person wandered the lot and stole whatever out of your car. Have them check security cameras and see what they find there.

By the way, it seems ridiculous that we can't trust our dealers and have to strip our cars to protect our valuables but if your sunglasses were stolen from your glove box, ultimately its no one's fault but your own. You could have locked your glove box and given your dealership your valet key. In any event GL resolving this to the best of your interest.

Last edited by carlos9827; 10-06-2009 at 02:05 AM.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:52 PM
8th Gear

you just cant trust anyone these days....my friend's radar detector was stolen out of his civic si when it was at the dealer getting some body work done. and they didnt even own up to it!!!!
Old 10-12-2009, 08:39 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 166 Likes on 140 Posts
i thought prada and versace glasses were for girls?
Old 10-12-2009, 12:54 PM
I MAKE NO SENSE

^ They have product lines for guys too...
Old 10-12-2009, 01:47 PM
B A N N E D

Sanford has been good to me, im sorry man!
Old 10-12-2009, 07:16 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,787 Likes on 1,436 Posts
Originally Posted by bzyrice
yup yup.. they are good and when u wait you can look at all the NSXs there lol

Tell Nabil (the owner) that RJ with the white TL with the greddy exhaust sent you =)

Good honest people there.
First Class Automotive is the only place (in Orlando)I will take my car (S/C'd CLS-6) for service. I replaced the inner and outer lower control arm bushings on both sides and drove 30 miles for them to do the alignment. I asked Nabil if I could watch the alignment process and he personally walked me back and had no problem with it.

He showed me an NSX that was having some kind of A/C work performed on it. He stated the owner drove the car down from Atlanta because the quote at the stealership up there was so outrageous. It was cheaper to drive it down, repair it at First Class, and drive it back to Atlanta.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:37 PM
Hello!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bearcat94
Why would you leave your car with strangers with a $1000 in the glove box?

Sucks? Yes, absolutely. But still .... .
Yeah, I agree
Old 10-15-2009, 10:30 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you should ask the security guard, he probably took them.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:28 PM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Steven Bell
I keep quarters in the coin dispenser (for washing the car)...just in case. I had my oil changed at the dealership. When I went to wash the car immediately thereafter, all the quarters were gone.
Here is a Toyota dealership caught on video doing exactly that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6TV3ciX6pQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSbqF0_TmFI
Old 10-19-2009, 08:11 PM
Intermediate

I appreciate you guys response! So after going back and forth with a client relations manager by the name of Kathy (very sweet lady), She kept giving me the same answer: " we're still looking for it, haven't seen anything ". So I told her last week to just give me corporate's number so I can escalate this issue. She gave it to me and after I got off the phone with her, Courtesy acura blew up my cell phone and my office phone trying to get in touch with me, I was with a client at the time so couldnt take the call. So I checked my vm after I was done and Kathy advised me to call Angie (my service rep, who is one of the couple awesome reps there). When I spoke to Angie she told me she spoke to Walter who I think is the main manager there at Courtesy Acura and she informed me to bring in the receipts and they will cut me a check. So they have taken care of the issue for me and I am happy, I was there just this past weekend taking my RSX in and Steve did an awesome job as usual! So i'm content now that I can get my $ to get my glasses back . Like I stated i've been taking my TL, RSX, & TSX there forever, and have never ever had issues like this, but I will continue taking my cars there but stripping everything out of them !
Old 10-19-2009, 08:15 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Thuneau
Here is a Toyota dealership caught on video doing exactly that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6TV3ciX6pQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSbqF0_TmFI
This is a bit rediculous