Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Courtesy Acura of Sanford Florida= Thieves

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 12:59 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Courtesy Acura of Sanford Florida= Thieves

So I took my car in for general maintenance Last week, there were a few things not right with the car so they gave me a loaner car. I got my car back on Tuesday, and this morning I looked in my glovebox to get my sunglasses and both sets were gone. One set of Versaces and the other Ray Ban (Both approximately $500.00 in Value). So I call the service rep and he said that this isn't a common issue and i've left 2 messages for him to call me back on what he found out if the guy working on my car took it (obviously they're not going to fess up that they've taken it). I am curious to know if any of you have the phone number for a Client relations manager at Acura corporate that I can talk to, because i'm a bit pissed at my loss. So if any of you have the phone number that I can talk to I would greatly appreciate it, if not i'm just going to keep blowing up Rodneys phone number at Courtesy Acura until I get a response.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Ouch, that bites. I know my dealership warns it's customers not to leave valuables in the car. It's kinda your word against their's. Good luck get them back though......
Old 10-02-2009, 01:10 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
Why would you leave your car with strangers with a $1000 in the glove box?

Sucks? Yes, absolutely. But still .... .
Old 10-02-2009, 01:14 PM
Intermediate

Ya I guess it's kind of my own fault, but I've been dealing with this dealership for as long as i've owned the car (about 3 years) and have never had to take anything out of the car. Obviously i'm not going to leave them laying out in the console or anything, but it really sucks. I guess if I dont get anything out of it, i'll just have to strip my car before taking it in for service ;/
Old 10-02-2009, 01:18 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
I feel for ya, but I learned this long ago. Not as costly as yours. I just lost a brand new pair of tennis shoes.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Need an OEM lip kit on my

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
That sucks...I got my transmission replaced at the Sanford Acura dealership and left my iPod in there...it was still there.

You should have gave them the valet key...Or do the 3rd gen's not have a valet key that can't open the glovebox and trunk?
Old 10-02-2009, 01:29 PM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by LoveMyTL-S
Ouch, that bites. I know my dealership warns it's customers not to leave valuables in the car. It's kinda your word against their's. Good luck get them back though......
Regardless of any signs they may have posted or such, they are still responsible for any and all theft or damage done to your car. The reason is bailment.

When you leave your keys with the dealer, they assume a liability whether they believe it or not. It's just like a cleaner's or a valet parking lot. If you retain control (the keys), you have no recourse, unless you can catch them in the act. But if you turn your keys over to them, they assume temporary possession and therefore must endeavor to protect and keep your property whole. If they fail, they must make it (you) whole again.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:35 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JRhodes88
do the 3rd gen's not have a valet key that can't open the glovebox and trunk?
3rd gen's do have a valet key that cannot open the glovebox and trunk when locked.

Good luck catching the tech that did it. At the very minimum, your call will help red flag the service tech that serviced your vehicle so if it becomes a pattern, then it can be dealt with accordingly.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:58 PM
Anthracite

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
well... next time they wouldn't find it funny when you return the loaner car stripped of its tires, spares, jack, radio, bulbs... etc and tell them that it isn't a common issue; make sure you have sign up saying you are not responsible.

on a serious note, i really think a dealer should be on your (customer's) side, rather than that of the mechanics. mechanics are a dime a dozen, if one is going to be stealing shit, fire him and hire another... then he can wear your sunglasses all day long when he's out looking another job.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:06 PM
FTW

Received 84 Likes on 45 Posts
lesson learned. Never trust anyone except yourself.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:09 PM
Anthracite

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by lusid
lesson learned. Never trust anyone except yourself.
so... can i trust what you just said?
Old 10-02-2009, 02:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Originally Posted by tweeder82o
so... can i trust what you just said?
No and you can't trust me either.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:12 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
A: Its probably not your tech, they make too much money to risk job stealing items
Unless it was their last day and saw a bonus~
B: The wash guys have more access to the cars alone and make 10 bucks an hour if they are lucky--job loss risk--last day....
C: Sometimes cars get left unlocked and thieves wander the lot looking for the easy score
D: Stop calling the service writer- its Service MANAGER AND General MANAGER of the dealership time-

Write a letter to that person as well- that gets attention
If no reply from them, corp is 1-800-382-2238 x5 ask for a manager to call you back
Normally they handle customer service- warranty questions but real acura corp managers make the callbacks- operator only writes down info

This is why you never leave anything in your car ever!
At least they didnt break a window to get them~
Old 10-02-2009, 02:14 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Talk about a literal Stealership.. Let me guess the next conversation..

Stealership: "Sir we can't be held liable, but we'll throw in a few free oil changes and a brake pad service, that's over $1000 value!"
Old 10-02-2009, 02:16 PM
Team Owner

on bailment- I would agree its the shops liabilty to return the car itself as was dropped off for service- no new damage
but items inside the dealer has no knowledge or proof of...

OP could call their insurance co, they might be considered property theft or maybe your homeowners covers them- you never know!
Old 10-02-2009, 02:22 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,962 Likes on 14,481 Posts
The few times I've dropped off my car for anything I've either taken it out...or i do a mental inventory of everything and check it when I get it back...ipod...glasses...work phone...etc. I also turn my sub to "off" when i turn it in so they don't notice the aftermarket stuff in my trunk.

Sorry this happened to you...may end up being an expensive lesson!

Good luck!
Old 10-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Burning Brakes

maybe u removed them before bringing it in i've balmed ppl for that and the real culprit was me lol
Old 10-02-2009, 04:10 PM
TL=True Love

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
sry to hear. im kinda suprised cuz doesnt the dealership want customers for life??? if there service crew has a bunch of theives, they can expect a huge decrease in customers...
Old 10-02-2009, 09:57 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
I keep quarters in the coin dispenser (for washing the car)...just in case. I had my oil changed at the dealership. When I went to wash the car immediately thereafter, all the quarters were gone.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:24 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Our glove boxes have locks on them....

This is what they are for.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:53 PM
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
man that sux.. i once saw my old car driving around town after dropping it off at a dealership. OOOH was I MAD.. but they took care of it.. this was classic honda ..

Sanford Acura has always treated me well with my TL. but I no longer take my car there. I take it to First Class Automotive now. THey are certified Acura Techs there. It is across the street form Fashion Square mall.. They willl take 10% off any dealer quote you get. Only difference is that they wont wash your car. lol
Old 10-02-2009, 11:03 PM
Banned

damn, versaces? i would go back and yell "search pockets" with my 6" 357 magnum showing on my hip and my semi-auto colt ar15 in my hands if someone stole my versaces
Old 10-03-2009, 01:16 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm anal. So if I left my sunglasses in there I would have been stressing about it until I picked the car up. Andif they werent there when I got back I would have made a scene at the dealership until I got what I wanted. But still, I suggest that's what you do. Go in there and make a scene until you get what you want.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:27 AM
DoublYouDP

Originally Posted by JRhodes88
That sucks...I got my transmission replaced at the Sanford Acura dealership and left my iPod in there...it was still there.

You should have gave them the valet key...Or do the 3rd gen's not have a valet key that can't open the glovebox and trunk?
I wish that I could give them the Valet key cuz i'm sure they won't find my key hole on my door LOL
Old 10-03-2009, 08:27 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I remove anything & everything of value from the car when I leave it with the dealer....sunglasses, change, phone, etc...

Call it an expensive lesson learned.

BTW, guys shouldn't wear Versace sunglasses.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:52 AM
Under construction

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts
I don't leave anything in the car either. But seriously, the glove box?!? Why the f*** would they need to open that up??
Old 10-03-2009, 03:56 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
A better question is why the fuck would anyone spend $500 on sunglasses... Unless you're a multi-millionaire.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:13 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Babnik
A better question is why the fuck would anyone spend $500 on sunglasses... Unless you're a multi-millionaire.
Lol, i'm not a "multi-millionaire" but I definitely make good money in what I do and I do enjoy buying things that I like.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:16 PM
Intermediate

Ya honestly I have 3 Acuras, my TL, RSX, & a TSX. I've always dealt with Courtesy Acura and have never ever had a negative response to them, but this is the first time i've ever had this happen to me and the matter that it was handled by Rodney (the initial guy I spoke to) was not a professional matter. As a update to this i've gotten a call from the service manager after doing a brief phone survey for me to call him in regards to my "stolen sunglasses". So i'll be calling him to see what can be done.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:18 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 1fsthatch
maybe u removed them before bringing it in i've balmed ppl for that and the real culprit was me lol
Lol, you know what ever since I bought the glasses i've never removed them from the car. They've always remained in my glove box so I have access to them, and when I noticed they were gone I knew immediately that it was from the time I got my car back from the dealership.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Ramrodthrusterpuppy
I remove anything & everything of value from the car when I leave it with the dealer....sunglasses, change, phone, etc...

Call it an expensive lesson learned.

BTW, guys shouldn't wear Versace sunglasses.
Honestly like I said i've dealt with this dealership for as long as i've had my TL and before with my old car (integra). So I never thought of them jacking peoples shit.

I <3 my Versaces lol they were the shit, now someone else is rocking them
Old 10-03-2009, 09:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,000 Likes on 1,421 Posts
Originally Posted by HIS TL
So I took my car in for general maintenance Last week, there were a few things not right with the car so they gave me a loaner car. I got my car back on Tuesday, and this morning I looked in my glovebox to get my sunglasses and both sets were gone. One set of Versaces and the other Ray Ban (Both approximately $500.00 in Value). So I call the service rep and he said that this isn't a common issue and i've left 2 messages for him to call me back on what he found out if the guy working on my car took it (obviously they're not going to fess up that they've taken it). I am curious to know if any of you have the phone number for a Client relations manager at Acura corporate that I can talk to, because i'm a bit pissed at my loss. So if any of you have the phone number that I can talk to I would greatly appreciate it, if not i'm just going to keep blowing up Rodneys phone number at Courtesy Acura until I get a response.

Let me guess, your service writer is Brian? He's a total dick, the next time go to Angela or Steve. Rodney is a good guy, don't blow up at him, he'll try to make things right. Find out the name of the name of the tech that was working on the car, I'll have a friend who works there "talk" to him about it.

Next time you go to courtesy, go to Angela and ask the a tech named LUIS only work on the car. BTW skippy in the service drive is a good guy as well, Justin at the payment counter is a really good guy as well, I mean good to the point where you could hand them your Credit Card to keep for a few days and they wouldn't use it.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:35 AM
Team Owner

have you called your insurance company yet- this is what we have it for--losses!
Old 10-04-2009, 07:21 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by HIS TL
Lol, i'm not a "multi-millionaire" but I definitely make good money in what I do and I do enjoy buying things that I like.
Amen to that and good for you! Your money, your wants.... I support that attitude 100%.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:24 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by PagnasTL
damn, versaces? i would go back and yell "search pockets" with my 6" 357 magnum showing on my hip and my semi-auto colt ar15 in my hands if someone stole my versaces
Funny you should say that. I had to go to Pohanka Acura in Chantilly nine days ago to get a small part for my "other" TL (the wife's). You can bet my Glock 23 was on my side in full view. But then again, it is most always anyway so the dealership visit was no exception.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:27 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 01tl4tl
on bailment- I would agree its the shops liabilty to return the car itself as was dropped off for service- no new damage
but items inside the dealer has no knowledge or proof of...

OP could call their insurance co, they might be considered property theft or maybe your homeowners covers them- you never know!
This is a good point. Bailment may only apply to the vehicle and not its contents, but a check with your state's laws would clear that one up. The only sure way would be to have the service writer examine with you, the car's contents and note that he did so on the service order. Other than that, do as most everyone else has said (I also do this). Remove everything you do not wish to see stolen from the car before taking it in.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:16 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by csmeance
Let me guess, your service writer is Brian? He's a total dick, the next time go to Angela or Steve. Rodney is a good guy, don't blow up at him, he'll try to make things right. Find out the name of the name of the tech that was working on the car, I'll have a friend who works there "talk" to him about it.

Next time you go to courtesy, go to Angela and ask the a tech named LUIS only work on the car. BTW skippy in the service drive is a good guy as well, Justin at the payment counter is a really good guy as well, I mean good to the point where you could hand them your Credit Card to keep for a few days and they wouldn't use it.
I only deal with Angie or Steve. This time it was Angie and ya I totally agree with you, Brian is a total asshole and I don't know how he still has a job at Acura. Ill ask who the tech was and find out his name but they already asked the guy who worked on my car of he "saw" my items and he said no. There might be a good chance it was one of the people who cleaned out my car but who knows :/. It's just irritating when people take your shit you know?
Old 10-04-2009, 08:21 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 01tl4tl
have you called your insurance company yet- this is what we have it for--losses!
I'm an insurance agent lol trust me I know this. But theft claims go big against you. It's almost like having a major speeding ticket on your record, reason why I don't want to put a claim against my HO policy.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:25 AM
2011 ZCP E92 M3!!

i left my car at the body shop after my accident and the stole my $480 PRADA sunglases too...i feel your pain man
Old 10-04-2009, 06:11 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bzyrice
man that sux.. i once saw my old car driving around town after dropping it off at a dealership. OOOH was I MAD.. but they took care of it.. this was classic honda ..

Sanford Acura has always treated me well with my TL. but I no longer take my car there. I take it to First Class Automotive now. THey are certified Acura Techs there. It is across the street form Fashion Square mall.. They willl take 10% off any dealer quote you get. Only difference is that they wont wash your car. lol
I've heard of that place. I think i'm going to check them out for my maintenance on my car next

Quick Reply: Courtesy Acura of Sanford Florida= Thieves