Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 03:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 90 Likes on 52 Posts
couple questions

I used to own 04 TL silver/black 6MT no-Navi, but I had to sale it because of multitude of problems with the car and some personal life issues. I ended up with a ’06 Accord coupe i4 5MT, but I know this is not a car for me and in few months I will be looking for either 06/07 TL 6MT with Navi. Because of this I have couple questions regarding a brand new car purchase.

I know for sure that I do not want to have black interior anymore (my TL had black interior) which kind of limits my options to technically only parchment as camel is only available with black and red (both colors are not on my shopping list)

My question is how rare Anthracite metallic/parchment 6MT/Navi combo is? Does anyone actually own such combo? I also like White Diamond Pearl, but every single TL has rear bumper color mismatch which really looks ugly especially with an underbody kit (any comments on this one).

Based on user’s experience, which Acura dealers in Chicago area are willing to make sale 6MT/Navi for invoice plus $100-200?

Any idea what to expect for’07 model year? I know ’07 will get revised, but I wonder if the revisions are going to be minor or major (like TSX) which month are the new model TL’s generally available? Is '08 or '09 a new model year? I think it is '09 as Accord gets reviesed in '08, but I am not sure.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:24 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I live in the Chicagoland Area and Purchased my 06 TL, AT, with NAVI at Arlington Acura in Palatine. I looked around at about 5 or 6 other dealers and they had the best price by far.

If you go there ask for Angel Rivera, he was very straight forward, and I was referred to him by another recent TL and RL RL purchaser so there were no games to play. I told him the price and wanted to pay, and he agreed. Let him know Vince with the Nighthawk Black TL referred you.

Don't tell him, because it may not help but you should be able to get the car for about 200-300 over invoice. That is what I paid. Let me know if you need any additional info.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can't speak for sales, but I will say - I had my TSX towed and serviced there when I was driving to Chicago. Arlington Acura in Palatine was excellent in terms of service
Old 01-24-2006, 08:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you consider getting Quartz interior?

I have a 06 Alabaster Silver, but when i planning to buy, i had my mine set on a WDP but lost interests because of the mismatched paint as you said but i think the 06 have better matching paint.

For 07 the TL will have a face lift, like the TSX did this year and i dont think its very major at all. If i were you i would wait for the 07, and if you dont like it, just snatch up a 06 before they're gone for around invoice. And yes the TL is expected to have a new model in fall of 08 as a 09 car, a year after the accord redesign
Old 01-25-2006, 09:22 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
1) The Quartz interior is nice (I have it on my WDP)...goes much better with WDP than parchment. However, I think Ebony replaced it for 06.

2) AM has just as bad color matching as WDP.

3) Some color matching is better than others. Mine is noticeably only to me and probably people on here (although not all of them...had to point it out to some at a meet once). You just have to check out the cars on the lot at that particular time.

4) As others have said, 07 will have a few cosmetic changes...no info on what those are at this point...have to wait until late summer.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:11 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 90 Likes on 52 Posts
I was looking at TL’s with gray (quartz) interior and I do not like them too much either; very boring and dull in my opinion. Although I am not big fan of wood, I really like the contrast between black dashboard and parchment/camel. It looks very luxurious and attractive. I kind of like wood/aluminium/black/patchment combination for some reasons and I really wished it was offered with silver exterior.

I am for sure no in rush to get a car, and will definitely wait till ’07 info is available before I decide what to do (perhaps different color combos will be available with ’07). I am hoping that Acura do similar changes like that did with TSX – perhaps they will bump up hp/tq numbers, tweak interior a bit, update Navi, perhaps key fob will be integrated (just like Accord), offer different rims (I would love to see A-spec wheels standard on ’07) and couple other things.

I just hope that the exterior changes will be for better, not worse like they did to TSX – which is not really attractive like the original one 04-05 model. Also ’06 Accord, although far better, I do not understand the idea of front lip spoiler – it looks ugly when added to ’06 because it covers almost the whole front bumper – very cheap look in my opinion.