Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Compliments/stories thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 08:04 AM
Nismo TL yo!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Compliments/stories thread

Im sure there is another thread like this SOMEWHERE on Azine, but I havent seen one since joining, so I'll start a new one.

Basically just share any compliments you get on your car or funny stories that happen because you have a nice car.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:08 AM
Nismo TL yo!

So I'll start

Seems like ever since I got my rims and did my headlights, the car gets a ton more looks everywhere I go (even though the car <TL-s)

Anyway, I pulled along side the back end of a school bus a few mornings ago and I guess my car caught one of the kids eyes. I saw him do a double-take, then he left the window. 5 seconds later he was back at the windows with 4-5 other kids, all looking at my car. Made me smile...not something I usually do at 8am on my way to work.

I really dont considered my car modded really, just added/replaced oem parts, so I can imagine the stories some of you guys here get. Lets hear them!

Last edited by 6spdtl-s; 03-18-2009 at 08:11 AM.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:23 AM
A J35A8 EG civic is in

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
I always get looks from people in civics, etc during the winter when I have the Type-S wheels on. During the summer(when the 20s are on) when I pull into a parking lot there are people that start conversations with me right when I step out of the car. They just stare and say nice car. I get compliments all the time, but its also because I always keep my car clean. I get compliments from kids to senior citizens.

I remember one time this guy, probably in his 60s, came up to me and started talking to me about my car. We wound up talking for 45 minutes in a parking lot and I was surprised because I always had the notion that old people hate kids like me and what I do to my car, but I was wrong.

I also get the usual kids coming up to my car and staring at it when I go into any Dunkin Donuts where theres 50 kids in the parking lot thinking their cavaliers are quick.

And one that I will never forget is when I saw a person take a picture of my car when I was on the highway.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:26 AM
Under construction

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts
I had a women stop me at a gas station and ask how I liked my TL. She was an older women so I'm like huh?? how did you know this is a TL After I finished praising my car, she told me her husband is very interested in the TL I gave her the acurazine website so that her husband can take a look and told her it's an awesome buy Made me feel pretty good about the TL

BTW-She was driving an MDX so I'm pretty sure they knew enough to buy the TL
Old 03-18-2009, 08:29 AM
Chapter Leader (New England)

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
I got pulled over in Avon CT in my Accord and this is how it went.......

Officer walks up to window...

"Wow this is a REALLY nice looking car man!................listen the reason I pulled you over was for your license plate cover. It can't be tinted, I'm sure it's legal in FL but you're going to have to take it off for me ok??"

"No problem officer" and I give him my info.

Comes back about 3 min later.......

Have a great night Mr. Miller, and take care of that license plate cover for me ok?"

"As soon as I get home sir."
Old 03-18-2009, 08:31 AM
Retired!!! ON TOP!!!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
"Wow... nicer Bimmer"
Old 03-18-2009, 08:32 AM
Nismo TL yo!

Originally Posted by JMillerUA6
I got pulled over in Avon CT in my Accord and this is how it went.......

Officer walks up to window...

"Wow this is a REALLY nice looking car man!................listen the reason I pulled you over was for your license plate cover. It can't be tinted, I'm sure it's legal in FL but you're going to have to take it off for me ok??"

"No problem officer" and I give him my info.

Comes back about 3 min later.......

Have a great night Mr. Miller, and take care of that license plate cover for me ok?"

"As soon as I get home sir."
Now its time to make that TL as nice as your accord was....get on that.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:33 AM
Chapter Leader (New England)

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
lol......working on it.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:48 AM
Chapter Leader (Mid-Atlantic Region)

Received 269 Likes on 225 Posts
LOL wow, just so happen i got a compliment this morning

so this morning i had to go turn in my aunts tags for her old car since she sold it and on the way back i came to a stop light. I saw this clean white 07 335i bmw roll up next to me at the light. I had my windows rolled down 1/2 and she had hers rolled down 1/2 way too jamming to her music. It was this hot asian girl and asked me directions to where this shopping center was.. so i told her. After that, she was like " oh thank you so much! you have a really nice car btw" and i said to same to her. So we talked for a bit about how she wanted to drop her car as well, til the light came green, then she said " oh there goes the light! thanks again and nice talking to you!" and she waved good bye..

:P
Old 03-18-2009, 08:50 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Couple months ago, the mailman stopped me and started asking me how I like my TL. Asked me all sorts of questions about how it handles, gas mileage, power, etc. I figured he must be jealous - "he's just the mailman" and probably can only afford a civic or something.

Turns out he just ordered a brand new top-of-the-line 08 TL-S Navi (one of the last remaining 08's).

I must be in the wrong line of work!
Old 03-18-2009, 09:08 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
When I had my old 04 TSX I was at the gas station and this young guy came up to me asking me about it. He was just staring at it. I could tell he really like the car. He was staring even while I pulled out.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:39 AM
A J35A8 EG civic is in

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by djwoody
Couple months ago, the mailman stopped me and started asking me how I like my TL. Asked me all sorts of questions about how it handles, gas mileage, power, etc. I figured he must be jealous - "he's just the mailman" and probably can only afford a civic or something.

Turns out he just ordered a brand new top-of-the-line 08 TL-S Navi (one of the last remaining 08's).

I must be in the wrong line of work!
USPS window clerks can make 70K a year. I would think that the mail carriers can make around the same amount.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:00 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by sunny201
USPS window clerks can make 70K a year. I would think that the mail carriers can make around the same amount.
No wonder the price of postage keeps going up and up! LOL

The guy at my local coffee shop drive through window asks me every time I pull up: "Is that the TSX?". I say, "No it's the TL" - he must have asked me the same question 6 or 7 times already! He obviously likes the car but can't tell exactly what it is from the drive through window.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:53 AM
Herro

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Twisdit

so this morning i had to go turn in my aunts tags for her old car since she sold it and on the way back i came to a stop light. I saw this clean white 07 335i bmw roll up next to me at the light. I had my windows rolled down 1/2 and she had hers rolled down 1/2 way too jamming to her music. It was this hot asian girl and asked me directions to where this shopping center was.. so i told her. After that, she was like " oh thank you so much! you have a really nice car btw" and i said to same to her. So we talked for a bit about how she wanted to drop her car as well, til the light came green, then she said " oh there goes the light! thanks again and nice talking to you!" and she waved good bye..

Did you get her number? If not, FAIL! Hahaha I'm just messing.

Well, I don't really have any stories to share except for a few "nice car" here and there.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:10 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
I was at a stop light last week and 2 college kids asked me to roll down my window because they really liked my car. They wondered if it was a Type S-which they hadn't seen many of.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:28 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,843 Likes on 8,574 Posts
Originally Posted by NBPacuraTL
Did you get her number? If not, FAIL! Hahaha I'm just messing.

Well, I don't really have any stories to share except for a few "nice car" here and there.
+2.. Fail.. lol.. You should have offered to lower the 335.. meet up in the parking lot.. exchange numbers.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:09 PM
Instructor

Like 2 weeks after I had gotten my Type-S I went to Mcdonald's one evening and was greeted by a guy in his early 40's to late 30's.

As soon as I pulled up I could just tell he was gawking at my car (Brand New 2 weeks ) when he noticed me notice him looking he simply said "Nice TL Boss!" His expression was even more filled with envy when he saw my stickshift and Navi.

He proceeded to ask me how I liked it and what I thought about the 09 models. When my food arrived I said good-bye and drove off, I saw him staring at my car as I left the drive-through window.(TL-S Quad exhausts are just so sexy!)

Felt pretty bad on the drive home since he was middle aged and working at Mcdonalds. While I was 22 at the time and was working in an Office as an account manager. But oh well, I work hard for my car and money so..it's not my fault that he's where he is in his life.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:00 PM
Unregistered User

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
^ ouch...

Well my elderly neighbor and I chatted one morning as I was driving by (and he was in his driveway) about our TLs. He has an 07 silver base no nav. One thing interesting he said was how he loves the handle and how he can take the turn into my neighborhood without applying brakes!

Every time I turn into my neighborhood I try to do that but am too afraid to spin out or lose control into some kid playing in the street. I'm also probably going much faster than he would be.

My other neighbors have also complimented me and one asked if my tints were factory after noticing them the day after I got them.

Another neighbor commented how I have the cleanest car in the neighborhood when he saw me cleaning my car (after a series of snowstorms) and if I could clean his new FX too.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:11 PM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

a young cop pulled me over on foot not to long ago just to ask me questiong about my car... 1st thing he says is " dont worry you not in trouble i just want to ask you questions about your car" lol
Old 03-18-2009, 04:49 PM
New shoes on my

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Twisdit

Reminds me of a stop light I was at the day I installed my exhaust. My windows were half rolled down, and so where the 330i next to me, and the chick in it was smokin hot, early 20's, and I looked over to check her out, and the light turns green and she guns it. We get to the next light, she revs, and it was on...lol. We get to the next light, and I was like "hey nice car" and she rolled up her windows...LOL
Old 03-18-2009, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by mglax13
Reminds me of a stop light I was at the day I installed my exhaust. My windows were half rolled down, and so where the 330i next to me, and the chick in it was smokin hot, early 20's, and I looked over to check her out, and the light turns green and she guns it. We get to the next light, she revs, and it was on...lol. We get to the next light, and I was like "hey nice car" and she rolled up her windows...LOL
lol.. good story.. no game.. 1 of 2 things.. please add if you have another theory.
1. She figured that you'd rather check out that POS 330i than her.
2. She was pissed b/c your Acura beat her Bimmer to the light.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:17 PM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
lawlz at this thread.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
I got a compliment from a die-heart bimmer lover. We went for a ride when I first got the car and he said, "Hey this is not what I expected from this car. I really like it, no BS. It rides so smooth and its got power when you need it." I realyl didn't expect that from him but it made me feel good. Still my next car is gonna be a 535 (I hope)
Old 03-18-2009, 06:39 PM
SSM Sport Shifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1) had a Scion Driver staring @ my ride when I stopped at a corner store.
When I walked in he asked what kinda car it was because it sounded
nice when I pulled up. He heard my CAI whistle.....

2) I had a 300Z pull up next to me thinking I was gunna race him. LOL
He slowed down to my speed & I saw him & his pass look over @ my ride...
(I saw he had boost from the pods inside his car &
the loud exhaust) He dropped behind me about 4-5 cars & then I heard
him punch it. He sped by me SCREAMING!!! That f*#ker was fast!!!
I doubt he was jealous but he sure was eyeing me

Last edited by Jays_04TL; 03-18-2009 at 06:44 PM.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:07 PM
Unregistered User

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
DYK that you can get delivery on your new Bimmer in Europe and go on a 14 day roadtrip through the country before they ship your car to the states? It's actually relatively cheaper too than purchasing here.

Just thought that was pretty cool. The first car I loved was the M5 and someday maybe I'll get one. I just need to get over the idea that a car you drive can be that expensive...
Old 03-18-2009, 07:12 PM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
wtf...how come i don't get any compliments? i guess mine's just...ugly -_-
Old 03-18-2009, 07:14 PM
Nismo TL yo!

Originally Posted by chairguru22
DYK that you can get delivery on your new Bimmer in Europe and go on a 14 day roadtrip through the country before they ship your car to the states? It's actually relatively cheaper too than purchasing here.

Just thought that was pretty cool. The first car I loved was the M5 and someday maybe I'll get one. I just need to get over the idea that a car you drive can be that expensive...
yep, its called european delivery. I'd love to do that.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:06 PM
Drifting

whenever i go to a meet(not from here) people check my car out but then they see my friends...and its game over, but people do talk to me alittle LOL.

i went to mcdonalds with a few friends, when we were leaving this kid had his camera out recording a video LOL

off topic but funny:

we took out my friends clk63 black series to break in the slicks, awesome time, anyway, if you think your TL gets crazy looks, you should see people STARE at this thing when it goes by. we power braked it in a dave and busters parking lot and everyone that passed by stood there and stared. atleast 10+ people took pictures of it within an hour time span.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:21 PM
Wiggy Wiggy Wiggy

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
I've had 2 gas stations incidents.

One was "what kind of car is that".

Another someone came up just started shooting the shit about TL's, my 3G and what not.

Weird thing is my car is/was somewhat low key.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:32 PM
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
6spd - have you been getting compliments at work? only recently people have been complimenting me on my car..unsure why...well WE all know why
Old 03-18-2009, 10:22 PM
Safety Car

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by 6spdtl-s
So I'll start

Seems like ever since I got my rims and did my headlights, the car gets a ton more looks everywhere I go (even though the car <TL-s)

Anyway, I pulled along side the back end of a school bus a few mornings ago and I guess my car caught one of the kids eyes. I saw him do a double-take, then he left the window. 5 seconds later he was back at the windows with 4-5 other kids, all looking at my car. Made me smile...not something I usually do at 8am on my way to work.

I really dont considered my car modded really, just added/replaced oem parts, so I can imagine the stories some of you guys here get. Lets hear them!
HAHAHA why are you posting your LIES in here? These people may believe you but I know better!
Old 03-19-2009, 11:49 AM
2008 Acura TL

Received 197 Likes on 183 Posts
Oh no she DI'INT!
Old 03-19-2009, 03:51 PM
Nismo TL yo!

Originally Posted by playa4real
6spd - have you been getting compliments at work? only recently people have been complimenting me on my car..unsure why...well WE all know why
I get a few, mostly from the group I work in since they've been in it.

Do you work at HS? I forgot, I know it was someone on here.....

And Carrie, you are just jealous of my extra gear, stop hatin.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:05 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,239 Likes on 703 Posts
Originally Posted by Jays_04TL
2) I had a 300Z pull up next to me thinking I was gunna race him. LOL
He slowed down to my speed & I saw him & his pass look over @ my ride...
(I saw he had boost from the pods inside his car &
the loud exhaust) He dropped behind me about 4-5 cars & then I heard
him punch it. He sped by me SCREAMING!!! That f*#ker was fast!!!
I doubt he was jealous but he sure was eyeing me
What he did is called a ricer fly-by, and was mad you didn't race. Only douchebags do it.

I only get the usual nice car compliments, mainly at work. I did see a guy take a picture of my car while on the road, and another guy ask how I did a quad-exhaust setup on the TL, but that's it.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:06 PM
Blanka

my favorite...driving through town last summer saw a young kids facial expression...

looked something like this:

Old 03-19-2009, 10:27 PM
All About Trance

Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
I had one chick ask me how I had liked my car when I was stopped at a stop light a couple of years ago. After I had answered her questions, she said that she was looking to upgrade to the 3G from her Integra. Another time was when a chick had driven by my complex and saw me cleaning mine and had told me that I have a nice car. She had wanted to know how much I had paid for it afterwards.

Then a couple of weeks ago, I had parked my car away from everyone else at the end while I went inside to grab something to eat. I saw a dude in a 2G TL swing around the corner of the building and nearly broke his neck trying to look at it. That brought a smile to my face.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:17 AM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
lol i had a different type of compliment... one time it was late at a diner and there was only 2 cars in the lot when i pulled in. on my way out there was a 07 nbp type s parker one spot away from me. lol plenty of parking but i know it was done on purpose... made me
Old 03-20-2009, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by thcmagik
lol i had a different type of compliment... one time it was late at a diner and there was only 2 cars in the lot when i pulled in. on my way out there was a 07 nbp type s parker one spot away from me. lol plenty of parking but i know it was done on purpose... made me
You know I never thought of that being a compliment but come to think of it.. I've had a Lambo, Ferrari F430, '09 Lexus LS and a GT-R R35 park next to the whip.. although I parked next to the GT-R.. lol.. I have proof of most of these too..

and if I see a nice 3G.. I park next to it.. otherwise I park at the end of the lot or hug a corner spot.

btw.. that's an effed up avatar.. not cookie monster!..

Last edited by Majofo; 03-20-2009 at 07:40 AM.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:05 AM
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by rodneyc77
"Wow... nicer Bimmer"
LMAO! I get this comment at least once a week.

Originally Posted by mamitaxchula
my favorite...driving through town last summer saw a young kids facial expression...

looked something like this:

Hahaha! Great post! That's pretty much what I see from people who can appreciate a modded car. I'll never get tired of it.

One notable experience was when I was driving down a local 2 lane road when a 7th gen Accord pulls up beside me and honks his horn. I roll down my passenger window and he starts screaming out "mumba clat! that car is fucked up!" I was like "huh?". He said "it fuckin' sick, bredrin... SICK! Sickest TL I've ever seen!"

At first, I thought he was gonna pull out a gun and shoot me, because he looked and sounded pissed (and insane), but after listening for a few seconds I realized he was complimenting me. I don't speak Jamaican too well
Old 03-20-2009, 11:48 AM
Nismo TL yo!

just had a guy in a riced out ford focus give me a thumbs up while out at lunch....I didnt take that as a compliment though seeing as where it came from.

Quick Reply: Compliments/stories thread