Sponsored by:

Color Mis-Match FIXED! ----- 2007 WDP Pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 08:52 PM
Couldn't be happier!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Color Mis-Match FIXED! ----- 2007 WDP Pics

...at least much better than before.

If you don't remember, I made a thread entitled "ATTN WDP Owners! Color Mis-Match?" almost a month again expressing the concern I had for my car's paint not matching. It can be found here for picture comparison: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...light=mismatch

Basically, I picked up a brand new 2007 WDP on 12/21 and noticed the tell-tale color mismatch that so many other WDP (and any TL) owners experience and live with. I was less than pleased about spending 35K+ on a car and not even getting one that was all the same color, so I inquired to the service manager at my dealer to see what they could do to rectify the situation. They told me that it would be no problem to match the color correctly and that they do it very frequently (especially on WDP's). I was quoted 4 days do to it and given a 2006 WDP TL loaner to drive in the meantime.

Many people said that it wouldn't get any better and if they resprayed it that it would only get even worse, but they were wrong. Gillman Acura on the north side of Houston seems like they know what they're doing.

Well... the 4 days rolled by in a flash and naturally the car wasn't ready, but I didn't want to rush them if they were going to get it right. Overall, it took 7 business days of their work until I could pick the car back up and I am satisfied with the results. I am very good at scrutinizing my vehicle and I can still notice a faint mis-match between the back/rear bumpers and the rest of the car, but it is MUCH better than it was before I took it in.

I got the car back about a week or so ago, but I didn't get a chance to take some pictures because of the weather until today.

What do you think? I'm satisfied with the match (although it could be a tad better) but overall it is much less noticeable than it was before hand.

Hopefully, this will give some of you hope that it IS possible to get your dealer to fix your paint. I'm thinking that since I found the mis-match so soon after I got they car, they were more willing to try and fix it. I think it was worth the time away from my car, plus I got to beat the crap out of a 2006 for a week and a half and keep the miles off of my car!
Old 01-21-2007, 09:02 PM
Couldn't be happier!

mods...

please delete... sorry
Old 01-21-2007, 09:03 PM
Dont Touch My Car !!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I had a mismatch door color...i was a very noticable in the day time. I notice this the next day when i bought my car. I took it right back and demanded a new one, since it bs they gave me a car with mismatch door color. At the end,,..thanks to people on here with some good advice........... i got a brand new 6 miles TL.

I think it common that the bumper doesnt match the rest of the car, since it plastic and the rest is metal.

Your pics are not showing..
Old 01-21-2007, 09:07 PM
Terminex

White color mis-match

I really hope for your sake that your car & the job the dealer did are outside of the norm. I say this because it is a known problem WAAAAAAAY beyond just Acura / honda cars. This is common on all white cars that I have seen. (have owned 4 white cars despite this:-)

The problem that I have seen is due to the following factors:
  • paint used
  • paint process used
  • climate
All of my white cars had the discoloration / yellowing of the bumpers over time. this is common and I do not expect it to change unless you get a car with Metal bumpers. The best thing i found to do is to ensure that I get them to repaint the bumpers about every 3 years. (this gets my bumper repainted right before the factory warranty expires on most cars.

Gool luck

(FYI - I would still be dealing with this issue like you if they had offered black interior as an option with the white exterior - Really DUMB IMHO that they do not)
Old 01-21-2007, 09:09 PM
Couldn't be happier!

go to the other thread!