Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Club

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 02:29 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Club

Does anyone use The Club? I purchased the Club Premeir which is the best and most costly club around.

Does it mess up the wheel at all.. anyone else use the club or club Lx?

On my old car it damaged the steering wheel (that was a juky wheel though) but in the neighborhoods I park in, any kind of theft deterrent is a good idea.

Mike
Old 11-12-2003, 03:03 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stopped using it because if they really want your car they will take it no matter what you have protecting it....besides they will cut the steering wheel and remove it.
Old 11-12-2003, 03:06 PM
Pro

Originally posted by ABLUETYPES78
stopped using it because if they really want your car they will take it no matter what you have protecting it....besides they will cut the steering wheel and remove it.
I realize the club is not going to STOP anyone.. as I said it is a DETERRENT.

If you are next to a BMW with no club, and you have one, they may take the other car.

In NY when I am there, EVERY car has a club.. If you don't you are just at a disadvantage.

A theif may not want to waste the extra time and effort to cut the wheel when the car nearby he doesn't have to... Time is critical if they want to steal your car...

I know what you mean.. if they want to they will take it...

But anyone using the club and does it mess the steering wheel up?

Mike
Old 11-12-2003, 03:14 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by ABLUETYPES78
There was a piece on 60 minutes a year or so ago. It took them 8 seconds to remove the club by cutting the steering wheel. Isn't the included immobilizer about the best these days?
Old 11-12-2003, 03:28 PM
Instructor

Hi Mike,

I have a 95 Civic and it damaged the color of the steering wheel. I notice this occurring in the summer. I then put a small towel over the steering wheel airbag to prevent this from happening.

I still use the club in my old civic in bad areas or at the airport. If they want my car they are going to have the equipment to steel my car. MOST of these robbers are not the brightest individuals.
Old 11-12-2003, 03:29 PM
Pro

Originally posted by bollywood21
Hi Mike,

I have a 95 Civic and it damaged the color of the steering wheel. I notice this occurring in the summer. I then put a small towel over the steering wheel airbag to prevent this from happening.

I still use the club in my old civic in bad areas or at the airport. If they want my car they are going to have the equipment to steel my car. MOST of these robbers are not the brightest individuals.
I wonder if it would damage the Acura wheel though.

8 seconds is 8 seconds more than it will take without a club... and one less tool.
Old 11-12-2003, 04:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,614 Likes on 2,193 Posts
I haven't bothered with a Club since I started using alarms five years ago. I think the only car thieves who think the Club is a deterrent are the kids just looking for a joyride. A professional who really wants your car will take the extra 8 seconds to take your car.
Old 11-12-2003, 04:30 PM
Racer

with an alarm and lojack I will not be using a club
Old 11-12-2003, 05:31 PM
Pro

Originally posted by neuronbob
I haven't bothered with a Club since I started using alarms five years ago. I think the only car thieves who think the Club is a deterrent are the kids just looking for a joyride. A professional who really wants your car will take the extra 8 seconds to take your car.
Well the joy riding kids or amatuer car theifs are around here just as much as the professional car theifs!

I only use the club in certain areas.

You can't "see: LoJack and alarms are not perfect. I want deterrents.. if you are in DC or NY everyone has a club.
Old 11-12-2003, 05:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
if your worried about it put a small piece of felt on the club where it contacts the stering wheel
Old 11-12-2003, 05:36 PM
Pro

Originally posted by fsttyms1
if your worried about it put a small piece of felt on the club where it contacts the stering wheel
Felt.

That sounds good!