3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clear bra installed yesterday, truck dumped on me today!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 07:15 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post
Clear bra installed yesterday, truck dumped on me today!!

Ok so I guess I'm a pretty lucky dude. Yesterday, Jeremy from Invisguard came by and installed the Venture film on my WDP, covering the full bumper, 24" hood, mirrors, headlights, trunk area and door edges. So this morning I'm heading to work on the highway and a construction truck totally dumps all kind of dirt and rocks right at me! My whole front is COVERED in this crap. Thank goodness I had the clear bra installed or I'd be screwed, especially since I just bought this car last week and haven't had a chance to wax it yet!!

Btw, Jeremy did an AWESOME job on the install. Really cool guy, reasonable price and he knows his stuff.

The entire front bumper, mirrors and part of the hood are covered in this!! Good thing I had the clear bra installed yesterday

You can barely see the lines in sunlight. Venture film is the way to go for WDP!!

Yes, there is a line there. But you can hardly see it!
Old 01-05-2006, 07:24 PM
Chief

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for everything. Thanks.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:29 PM
Instructor

$595 for the whole deal.
Old 01-06-2006, 10:11 AM
Cruisin'

For those of us living in AZ, CA, NV, and NM, getting a clearshield mask is the best investment for our cars. I did all the paperwork for an 06 TL 5AT w/Navi WDP on 12/29. Salesman said I could take it home and when the accessories that were not in stock (A-Spec body kit) came in, bring the car in and they would install everything at that time. I told him I was not driving the car off the lot until all the accessories were installed. All accessories were installed 1/04/06 and I had the clearshield installed the next morning. Driving a new car off the lot knowing the front end is protected....Priceless!! You have to really look for the clearshield on WDP...it's almost invisible. I would recommend getting the clearshield behind the door handles also. Rings on fingers (like my wife for instance) may scratch the car when they grab the door handle to open the door.
Old 01-06-2006, 10:17 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Is it just me or are the pics big red X's?
Old 01-06-2006, 11:55 AM
I slow down for COPS

[QUOTE=Gdog]For those of us living in AZ, CA, NV, and NM, getting a clearshield mask is the best investment for our cars. [QUOTE]
Sorry, dude, but it applies to the entire USA.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:08 PM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by chill_dog
Is it just me or are the pics big red X's?
No, that's what I'm getting as well.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:45 PM
Team Anthracite Webmaster

can't link yahoo photos like that.

use www.imageshack.us
Old 01-08-2006, 08:40 AM
Intermediate

Okay, this and a few other threads have me sold on getting this done. Question: How well does the film fit into the "ACURA" of the front bumper? Anything special that I need to make sure the installer does? Any other tough spots to warn the installer about or inspect afterwards?

I'm using a 3M "certified" installer found on the 3M dealer locator page. He is getting a pre-cut kit for the bumper, hood, fenders, mirrors.

Thanks;
Old 01-08-2006, 10:26 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by rkphillips
Okay, this and a few other threads have me sold on getting this done. Question: How well does the film fit into the "ACURA" of the front bumper? Anything special that I need to make sure the installer does? Any other tough spots to warn the installer about or inspect afterwards?

I'm using a 3M "certified" installer found on the 3M dealer locator page. He is getting a pre-cut kit for the bumper, hood, fenders, mirrors.

Thanks;
If he's using the standard template the kit will actually cut around the "ACURA" on the front very nicely. Someone posted a close up of this and you can see the film outline around it. Don't remember what post it was but if you do a search you should find it.

Here's a link to the TL Template where you can see how it cuts around the "Acura" in front.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:08 AM
Instructor

For those that couldn't see the pics, I've rehosted on photobucket. Let me know if you can see them now.

Old 01-08-2006, 11:22 AM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
Those worked. Thanks.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:23 AM
I slow down for COPS

Thanks;
Check with them if they are getting the kit as someone is shipping it to them. The other option is that they cut their own kits. It is an indication how many they do or also how much experience they have.

If you get an experienced installer you will not have to point out any difficult places to them, it will all be perfect since they know what they are doing. If you get a butcher, stay away from them as no matter what YOU do or point out, it will never be perfect. I would personally do more research, see who they do cars for. Google their name or phone number, see what comes up on the web about them, any good or horror stories from previous customers, etc.

Good luck, Mark.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:42 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...ind_Installer/

You can use that link and find authorized 3M people in your are that are certified to do the installs.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:59 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks;
You didn't say whereabouts the country you're in. Providing that info would probably generate recommendations from other members. As ajeetm mentioned, the film is cut around the Acura logo on the front bumber. If you have Aspec front lip, that area is a little tricky also because of the working surface area. If the installers has been doing this awhile, he should have no probs. As Mark said, do research on the installers, look at their protfolio and go from there. Good Luck.... and post some pics after the install.
Old 01-08-2006, 01:06 PM
Intermediate

I'm in the Lehigh Valley Area of PA - Allentown / Bethlehem / Easton. The installer that I've been talking with is Ultrashield of East Penn. I found them on the 3M site.

Thanks;
Old 01-09-2006, 01:28 PM
Cruisin'

[QUOTE=mark 3M bra man][QUOTE=Gdog]For those of us living in AZ, CA, NV, and NM, getting a clearshield mask is the best investment for our cars.
Sorry, dude, but it applies to the entire USA.

Mark, my bad. It's the best investment for a car anywhere.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:48 PM
I slow down for COPS

Originally Posted by Gdog
Mark, my bad. It's the best investment for a car anywhere.
Gdog, I thought I have to keep you in line