Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chipped Paint

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 08:13 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chipped Paint

Well, my mom took the car to the mall to do some shopping, and obviously some people just don't care and someone backed into the bumper. No dent thank god, but there was a huge streak of black paint and a couple gashes on mine. I cleaned off the other paint so now there's just some long chips. They go from 2 to 4 inches in length, but not too thick. I can see the black underneath the paint so its decently deep. I wanted to do the touchup myself instead of wasting money to get it painted. Any suggestions on how to do this the best? I'd go and get it painted but I'm 16 and I don't want to burden my parents with it since it is my car and I let my mom drive it, but if I need to get it painted professionally I guess I have no choice. I'll try to take pics and put them up later.
Old 12-22-2006, 09:43 PM
Dont Touch My Car !!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I got a gash on my rear bumper too...just a week ago in Chinatown NY. We visited my sis in NJ and decided to drop by my grandparents. We couldnt fine a spot on the street, so dad took it to a parking garage. But when dad drove outside the apartment, i went around my car for an inspection.

Everything look good, then i saw 3 small gash on the rear bumper. Probably from someone front plates. The gashes are deep down to the black plastic.

I cleaned up the gashes and blob on some touch up paint to fill it in and use some langka blob elminator to get rid of the blob....and repeated the process until the gashes are semi flush to the surface and carefully used a very small brush to put a final coat on.

THe blob eliminator will discolor the paint when u clean off the excess paint not the car paint. So that is why you put on a final cost, with out the blob elminator.

good luck
Old 12-22-2006, 09:59 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
Don't know if this link will be of any help to you

Fixing scratches