Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Charlotte,NC

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 07:59 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charlotte,NC

Has anyone has any recent experiences in at Hendrick Acura in Charlotte,NC?

I'm taking my car in for the first time on Monday about the paint on the rear bumper (WDP). Just wanting to hear some feedback on others experiences there, both positive and negative so I will have an idea of what to expect.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:33 PM
Instructor

I feel like I live there, but not many problems other than rattle issues but they fixed it. Talk to Wayne Mauldin, the zervice manager he will take care of you.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:15 PM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

Welcome Chrissy - Hendrick's generally a good dealer. Been going to them for a little over 3 years now. They are like most other Acura dealers in that they charge more than the Honda dealership. You do get rental cars (if you arrange beforehand) and donuts, juice, etc for free while waiting. If you want to try to save a few bucks on non-warranty stuff (oil changes) you can try a regular honda dealer and save about 50% of the cost. However, the ONLY Honda dealership I would recommend is the new one up near Concord mills.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:01 AM
Instructor

I'm going in tomorrow about the paint on my rear bumper of the WDP not matching the rest of the car. I hear that this is a common problem so I'm hoping they won't just brush it off because I want it repainted. The car has 300 miles on it! If they refuse to fix it, it may get ugly, but I'm trying to be positive.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:23 PM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,983 Likes on 1,336 Posts
I'm not sure if they may be able to help you with that problem. The only way I might be able to help you is to tell them Eric with the white/black supercharged TL said to have it fixed. They all know me up there...look for a Matt Smith. I'm sure he will chuckle.

...and welcome to the forum, good to see yet another Charlotte member!

...and my rear bumper mismatches too just like the entire nation of white diamond pearls, but its not that big of a deal to me. Maybe i'm just too laid back.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:29 PM
Race Director

I have always had a great experience with them. Im 18 but they dont treat me like it at all. For service you can print out a coupon for there website for a 38 dollar coupon for synthetic oil change which i think isnt too bad considering its 33 for regular oil at jiffy lube. They have always been friendly with me when it comes to warranty work and I didnt even buy the car from them so I think it should be fine. The thing that stands out to me is they are the only acura dealer around here so they could be really shitty but there not despite that fact.

btw congrats on the car and glad to see more people from charlotte.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:53 PM
Instructor

Thanks! I would really like to have it repainted because it's driving me crazy. I wouldn't expect WDP to be perfect but an improvement would be great. Does anyone know who they use for their body work and paint?
Old 04-15-2007, 09:04 PM
10th Gear

Been going to them for a long time now (1994 Vigor and now TL), and I have always had a great experience with them. I think they have a ding/den guys in house.

Congrats on the car and welcome to the forum....
Old 04-16-2007, 09:11 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Crissy78 - Hendrick's great, but I doubt they will help you with the paint mismatch. As Eric said, talk to Matt Smith...last desk on the left.

Trackrunner - thanks for the heads up on the oil change coupon...I'll be getting one here soon...saving a few bucks is always nice.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:39 AM
Instructor

Actually, they have my car now, they agreed that it looked terrible and acknowledged that it is an ongoing problem. They agreed to fix it. They were so nice and very professional. I hope my paint compares to the service I received today. So far, I'm impressed, we'll see how I feel when I get the car back. Plus they gave me a loaner. I was only there for about 20 minutes.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:55 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by Crissy78
Actually, they have my car now, they agreed that it looked terrible and acknowledged that it is an ongoing problem. They agreed to fix it. They were so nice and very professional. I hope my paint compares to the service I received today. So far, I'm impressed, we'll see how I feel when I get the car back. Plus they gave me a loaner. I was only there for about 20 minutes.
I told you they have been really good just wondering who did you get for service?
Old 04-16-2007, 02:58 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by chill_dog
Crissy78 - Hendrick's great, but I doubt they will help you with the paint mismatch. As Eric said, talk to Matt Smith...last desk on the left.

Trackrunner - thanks for the heads up on the oil change coupon...I'll be getting one here soon...saving a few bucks is always nice.
I agree matt smith is great he always remembers me when I walk in and is easy to work with. As for the website the coupons are great its just there not on there every month so you have to check. Even without a coupon for synthetic oil the total is still like 44 which is much better then jiffy lubes almost 70.

I also think its pretty obvious hendrick is a good dealer I mean look around charlotte theres a billion MDXs, TLs, and TSXs. Also the RL which they claim doesnt sell well but I see them a lot down here.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:05 PM
Instructor

The guy I had was at the first desk on the left, It may be the guy you are talking about. He looks to be about my age, 28. He was really nice and they were fast with helping me.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:10 PM
steve a

I bought my car used at another dealership, but researched the car and discovered it originally was purchased at Hendrick. As the car is still under warranty until July '07, I took it in to have the headlight looked at as it had moisture in it. Also, wanted to have them check the brakes as they had a very minor vibration when braking at speeds over 60. I was delighted with their service. They treated me as if I bought the car new from them. Replaced the headlight. They also put resurfaced the rotors and put brake pads on it front and rear at no charge! All covered by warranty. Picked it up washed. Darrell was my advisor. Will take it back there in a week or so for the 30k service. Great experience.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:29 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Glad to hear they took care of you...your paint mismatch must've been worse than most (mine's noticebable, but not horrendous). I (and my parents) have been completely satisfied with Hendrick for years, both sales and service. They may be the only game in town, but they certainly don't act like it.

First desk on the left...don't know who it is now, but it used to be Chris Tolley...really cool guy...he was who I worked with until he left to be a cop. Last I heard, he's stationed at the Wilkinson station, which is near my office. I wouldn't mind running into him again, but not if he's pulling me .
Old 04-17-2007, 11:35 AM
Racer

yay, charlotte people. i went to Hendrick Acura this past Saturday and test drove a 06 TSX, very nice. not 100% on 06 TSX or 05 TL....or even asking price at that matter. my budget is roughly $400-$425/month, with a possible $1000-$1500 down payment.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:11 PM
9th Gear

The guy I had was at the first desk on the left, It may be the guy you are talking about. He looks to be about my age, 28. He was really nice and they were fast with helping me.
His name is Robert Elms. I had my oil changed/tires rotated this morning and he was my advisor. He must be new, since I don't recall seeing him there before. I will probably go back to using Keith. I was just in a hurry this morning and Keith was busy.

I have been using Hendrick for quite some time now. They performed the major services (engine related) on my 1990 Integra GS from around 1996 (when I officially moved to Charlotte) until last May, when I purchased my new TL. For the most part, I have been pleased with their service. I do recommend finding one Service Advisor, developing a relationship (so to speak), and continuing to use him whenever possible.

Good luck w/ the WDP issue. Mine is noticeable at times, but not bad enough to complain.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:53 PM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

Originally Posted by JimiThng
yay, charlotte people. i went to Hendrick Acura this past Saturday and test drove a 06 TSX, very nice. not 100% on 06 TSX or 05 TL....or even asking price at that matter. my budget is roughly $400-$425/month, with a possible $1000-$1500 down payment.
I think your budget dictates your car. $400/month with only $1,500 is only enough to RENT (Lease) a car. Not to buy one. Unless you have your own business, leasing is foolish so...You should buy a TSX
Old 04-17-2007, 06:20 PM
Instructor

Smile

Originally Posted by IntegraTL
His name is Robert Elms. I had my oil changed/tires rotated this morning and he was my advisor. He must be new, since I don't recall seeing him there before. I will probably go back to using Keith. I was just in a hurry this morning and Keith was busy.

I have been using Hendrick for quite some time now. They performed the major services (engine related) on my 1990 Integra GS from around 1996 (when I officially moved to Charlotte) until last May, when I purchased my new TL. For the most part, I have been pleased with their service. I do recommend finding one Service Advisor, developing a relationship (so to speak), and continuing to use him whenever possible.

Good luck w/ the WDP issue. Mine is noticeable at times, but not bad enough to complain.

Yes, that's him, he was very helpful. My bumper looked terrible and they agreed. It was very yellow against the rest of the car. The front didn't look that way. They called today and it's going to be a couple days, but I'm okay with that as long as it looks better.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:05 PM
Instructor

Well, my car is still being worked on. I'm getting a little nervous, as they told me this morning they had gone through 21 paint cards before finding the right color. We'll see.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:01 PM
Racer

i purchased a 05 SSM TL with 28,xxx miles, A/T, non nav 2 days ago for $25,xxx out the door with Free lifetime oil changes!!

Originally Posted by ndabunka
I think your budget dictates your car. $400/month with only $1,500 is only enough to RENT (Lease) a car. Not to buy one. Unless you have your own business, leasing is foolish so...You should buy a TSX
Old 04-22-2007, 12:12 PM
Race Director

Just thought I would let you know saturday I went in for that free car for your car month inspection and I heard someone mention "faulty color." Thats all I heard and im not excately sure what they said but I instantely thought hmmm I bet its the car from acurazine. However it could have been another one. Good luck wit the new bumper.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:16 PM
Instructor

It probably was mine, they've now gone through 27 paint cards trying to find a close match. From the way they acted, I'm sure mine is not the only one they've heard complaints about, I wish I had gone with black because the Silver Loaner I have has a similar mismatch.