3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car wash attendant scatched my car!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 09:55 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry Car wash attendant scatched my car!

Had my baby washed , Brushless, and they have a guy using brushes to wash the rear bumper , I pulled down the window and told the guy taking the money I didnt want him to touch the car with the brush , and he yelled to the other guy no brushes and the ass was brushing the bumper and I think he purposely
ran the brush down the bumper and scrathed it bad,through the paint. I noticed it right away on exit and dry and a I confronted the assHle , he oh course denied it and the owner showed me the brush and said it couldnt of been them. I want to scream.!!!
I tried scratch remover but did nothing. It's got to be painted. I was washing the car myself but now with the weather at 20 F its not possible. How much would it cost to have it painted ?:banghead:
Old 01-22-2004, 10:02 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Car wash attendant scatched my car!

Originally posted by zexi
How much would it cost to have it painted ?:banghead:
Well assuming the scratch is through the clearcoat and into the paint, it could be expensive to fix it correctly. You can try touch up paint and then have the area wet sanded to see if it blends properly. However, the way most top places deal with even small scratches through to the paint, is to paint the whole bumped, so as to not have a blemish or blending problems. With labor, that route will cost between $200-250, but hopefully it wont come to that.

I understand your :banghead:
Old 01-23-2004, 08:29 PM
Racer

Yet another problem with car washes - even the touchless kind!

1. Their harsh detergents strip your wax and damage paint,
2. Pads and brushes grind dirt from your and other cars into your paint,
3. High pressure "touchless sprays" sandblast your car with your own dirt, and can damage window seals,
4. The cheap towels are poly cotton and scratch your paint,
and now -
5. Surly attendants can scratch your car anyway!

Good Luck, Zexi
Old 01-23-2004, 08:32 PM
Three Wheelin'

car washes are a big no-no
Old 01-23-2004, 09:29 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My worst experience at the local car wash was a light scratch down the side of my Grand Cherokee Limited. I didn't notice it until I returned to my office. I immediately went back to the car wash. They denied that it could have happened there until they inspected their equipment and found that a support arm of some kind had come loose. Although they offered to have it repaired, I declined because I didn't want any paint work on a one year old car. Instead, I rubbed it out the best I could and lived with it. Bottom line: My SSM '04 TL won't see the car wash. It's enough trying to park it where some a/h doesn't dock his barge next to it.
Old 01-24-2004, 08:18 AM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
But what do you do in the middle of the winter when the car is covered with salt? It5s just to cold to do it in the drive way.
Old 01-24-2004, 08:24 AM
Pro

I have the same concern about car washes, but we don't have much of a choice in the winter when it gets as cold as it does. Every different option has it good and bad points. I'm not sure what the lesser of all the evils is. I had been using a self wash, but even with that you still get tiny marks in the clear coat and with a dark colour car I still found it hard to get the car dry without streaks. I was going to take my car to the touchless today, but then I've just read about their detergents being harsh and bad for the paint. Then again the coin op self wash probably uses similiar stuff since you blast it with water and soapy stuff.

So what is the bottom line for all you guys up north, how do you wash your car in the winter.
Old 01-24-2004, 09:14 AM
Racer

repainting the entiore rear bumper section and re-shooting the clear coast should be about 150-200.

Depends on where ou take it
Old 01-24-2004, 09:18 AM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by TorontoTL

So what is the bottom line for all you guys up north, how do you wash your car in the winter.
In my work building downtown, we have a car wash bay in the parking garage ran by one heck of a guy. He's been detailing cars for 30 years and he's dam* good. He'll hand wash your outside and vacuum/dust your inside all for $15 - and it looks 500 times better than any carwash joint will ever do.

He sees my car year-round every other week and then two complete details every year.
Old 01-24-2004, 09:50 AM
Instructor

in winter I use spray wand wash

I control the wand and how close it gets.its not perfect but it gets the grime AND salt used in CT off car,In spring through fall. hand wash car myself. CAR washes are no no 's
Old 01-24-2004, 10:02 AM
Intermediate

During the winter there is a place nearby that washes it by hand. Its a drive thru place that washes the car inside & dries outside (those guys deserve a medal being out in 10 degree temps). It's a little more expensive than the regular place, but I rest easier knowing there's no machine ready to gouge into my paint.

It's not perfect, but it's really the only option in this local. I'm sure not going out in this weather to do it myself & I can't bear to leave all of that salt on the car, so this seems like the best option.
Old 01-24-2004, 10:50 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just take a baseball bat to the attendant and then kick him in the ribs a couple of times while he's down!! The scratch will still be there, but you will feel a lot better!