Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car got keyed last night!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 04:00 AM
Level: Noob

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Car got keyed last night!!

Guys, I wanna cry right now. I just got my car about a week ago, a WDP 04, and it got keyed last night! It's along the entire driver side, from the rear side marker, alllllll along the accent line, up past the drivers door handle. I'm so pissed off you have no idea! My mom said she saw a lifted truck parked in the drive for about 30 sec last night, I have no idea who that was but I swear to god if I find them, their truck is getting ass fucked and I'm gonna beat that bro bitch like a red-headed stepchild.

Back to the real point, how much would it be to get the 3 panels repainted, the rear quarter, the rear door and the driver door? I don't know if I have comp insurance or not. If not, could I put it on, wait a month, then report the keying? Or would that be suspicious? :/ Please help me out here guys, this is the nicest thing I've owned in my life, and I have it for a week and some shit head has to fuck it up for me.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:48 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That sucks man.. I've had that happen to me before, so I feel your pain. Start by looking at girls you have pissed off recently and see if they have a man or friend with matching truck.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:55 AM

Haha I only have one ex, and she was a pastors daughter so I don't think that's the case :P
Although it might have been my friend's dick boyfriend, but he drives a Forte (FAGGET LOL). I could see him getting a ride over here, and why he would be jealous of my TL with that pussy car.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:08 AM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
gonna be pricey...not gonna lie. hopefully the scratches didn't indent the panel. you're probably looking at $3-500 per panel to repair and paint. to repair and paint a bumper its almost $500. replace and paint a bumper its going to be over $700.

take it to a body shop or two or three and get an estimate.

be lucky it wasn't your ENTIRE CAR that was keyed. it happened to a member here this past fall (jokerman). they essentially had to replace all his glass, repair every single panel, replace both bumpers and repaint the ENTIRE car. over $10k in damages (but the body shop was able to get accept the insurance at the max amt before it would be considered totaled.

in your case they would need to blend each panel with the rest of the car so the repair cannot be noticed. this is the part that takes time and a really good painter who knows what he's doing. dont' go cheap. you pay for what you get (dont' wanna find out later that the paint failed).
Old 12-22-2011, 06:14 AM
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I recently had an estimate to repaint 1 door and they told me as someone stated above in order to blend they needed to do the panels on either side to do it right. Estimate was $1200 to $1500 with no damage repair, just paint. Hopefully your insurance deductable is less than that.
Good Luck
Old 12-22-2011, 08:10 AM
Jokerman

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by CHISOX1
I recently had an estimate to repaint 1 door and they told me as someone stated above in order to blend they needed to do the panels on either side to do it right. Estimate was $1200 to $1500 with no damage repair, just paint. Hopefully your insurance deductable is less than that.
Good Luck
I really lucked out. They hit me hard. After all was said and done, the official cost to me and the insurance company was just over 9600. The body shop I was using worked with the insurance company to ensure my car wouldnt be totaled. If they didnt work together, then the cost with all the body work, replacement parts and paining was somewhere between 12,500 and 13,000.

Now about getting the insurance now, that can look suspicious. When i first got stationed in Illinois, I decided to change my insurance around a little. I lowered my deductible. A week later I was rear-ended by another military menber. We both talked to the isnurance company (we both had USAA). The day after the accident, some froud guy from USAA called me and asked me all of these stupid questions to determine if the accident happened before the policy change. I kept explaining to him no, then i told him that it didnt really matter when I changed the ploicy because, the accident wasnt my fault. he then said yes it does because it could be fraud. I told him whatever and hung up. They ended up fixing my rear bumper and placed it against the other driver.

Point is....... Be careful when chaning your policy. If you really enjoy your car, then you should keep full coverage.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:39 AM
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Mrtastygoody
Haha I only have one ex, and she was a pastors daughter so I don't think that's the case :P
Although it might have been my friend's dick boyfriend, but he drives a Forte (FAGGET LOL). I could see him getting a ride over here, and why he would be jealous of my TL with that pussy car.
We understand your frustration, but tone down the slurs....I personally dont appreciate them .

As for the reparation, you'll need an adjuster to come out and look at the car. If the key marks are too deep, it will be ALOT more than just painting over it. Good luck!
The following 3 users liked this post by Guiltyox:
Mrtastygoody (12-22-2011), PrissyJayne (12-22-2011), xander569 (12-22-2011)
Old 12-22-2011, 08:46 AM
Team Owner

Received 598 Likes on 416 Posts
That sucks. You're probably looking at $1500 or more. Make sure you are really picky about the work. It will not be easy to match the color with a car that is 7 years old. And I think white is one of the tougher colors to match.

Hell....I think all the WDP bumpers look like they are repainted because to me they never truly match the rest of the car.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:53 AM

Received 9,500 Likes on 6,171 Posts
What's a fagget?
The following 6 users liked this post by CLtotheTL32:
Aman (12-22-2011), av2600 (12-23-2011), Flipster23 (12-22-2011), Morrissey25 (12-22-2011), Mrtastygoody (12-22-2011), xander569 (12-22-2011) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-22-2011, 09:19 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts
Some prick at my apartment complex walked around the car and keyed every panel and slashed a tire. I made a police report and contacted my insurance. It was covered under vandalism but I'm not sure if my rates will go up or not. My total bill with the body shop after them working with me was 6k just to repaint the entire car. Good luck!
Old 12-22-2011, 09:48 AM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
Damn that sucks.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:53 AM
Mr. Detail

Received 198 Likes on 151 Posts
Whatever you do, don't cheap out on the repaint. It will look like crap.

There have been a rash of vandalism issues in the Dallas area, usually turns out to be bored high school kids.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:39 PM
UA7 NBP TL-S

Received 83 Likes on 57 Posts
damn! that sucks..
you got any pics of the damage?
Old 12-22-2011, 02:35 PM

I can get some pics here in a second. Sorry for the raging last night guys, I was pretty pissed off. :P Let me go take a few and I'll post them in about five minutes. BTW, my front bumper must've been repainted before cuz it's a way different color than the rest. Maybe they'll give me a full paint job?
Old 12-22-2011, 02:37 PM
Team Owner

Received 598 Likes on 416 Posts
I can get some pics here in a second. Sorry for the raging last night guys, I was pretty pissed off. :P Let me go take a few and I'll post them in about five minutes. BTW, my front bumper must've been repainted before cuz it's a way different color than the rest. Maybe they'll give me a full paint job?
I think that's what I see when I look at all the WDP's.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:45 PM

It's such a pretty color; and apparently impossible to match. Lol.
Here's the damage!

Rest of the pics wouldn't show up in the lighting, the other parts of the scratch are kinda light. These are the worst two parts of it; first picture is on the rear quarter.

Last edited by Steven Bell; 12-22-2011 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Merged Posts.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:16 PM
UA7 NBP TL-S

Received 83 Likes on 57 Posts
oh trully sorry
the paint on the bumpers will always be different from body color cause of different material
Old 12-22-2011, 03:39 PM

Good news! I went by State Farm a few minutes ago, it's fully covered and I actually have 0 deductible! (: Think I'll get the whole thing painted, or just the damaged panels? It'd be pretty great to have it all redone; whoever did the bumper before must've been mentally incompetent, it's chipping everywhere from the tiniest rocks. Also, should I go with the Insurance Co.'s recommendation, or check out more shops? If anyone knows some in my area, that'd be great.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:45 PM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
Good news! I went by State Farm a few minutes ago, it's fully covered and I actually have 0 deductible! (: Think I'll get the whole thing painted, or just the damaged panels? It'd be pretty great to have it all redone; whoever did the bumper before must've been mentally incompetent, it's chipping everywhere from the tiniest rocks. Also, should I go with the Insurance Co.'s recommendation, or check out more shops? If anyone knows some in my area, that'd be great.
Kudos on the $0 deductible! More than likely the panels will be repainted with some blending in. Doubt they'll repaint the WHOLE car. It's up to you to use the insurance's preferred shop or an independent one. I've had some issues with my last insurance's preferred shop. Either way there should be no problem in repainting the car, especially doing it the right way. You don't HAVE to use the insurance's shop you can pick your own. Some people like to just have insurance cut them a check and handle the rest on their on (picking the shop, etc).

What I've learned is sometimes when using the preferred shop, different insurances whatever the amount they approve, thats usually the amount they'll stick with EVEN if it costs more. That's when they start cutting corners. But your car doesn't have collision damage, you just need a repaint. Just make sure it looks good and it's done right, oh an another thing is if you use the preferred shop you should get a life time warranty for as long as you own the car.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
Good to hear bro, I was gonna suggest one of those magic scratch removers but I'm glad your insurance is taking care of it
Old 12-22-2011, 07:25 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
lifetime warranty can be given from a non-preferred shop as well (as long as you own the car and as long as the shop stays open). the insurance shops...its covered by the insurance company for the life of your ownership of the car. so if the preferred shop you went to closes, you can still go to another preferred shop and the insurance will cover the work.

in terms of what shop to go to...up to you. figure out a shop that does work to your liking and is highly reputable, and you should be taken care of well. i'm leary of insurance shops, but that's me.

i doubt the insurance will cover painting the entire car. if you want it all to really match pay the difference and you can have the whole car painted. one half of you car will have swirls (the non injured side) while the repainted will be nice a smooth. you may want to consider getting the rest of your car detailed appropriately with a detailer that specializes in paint correction to get the rest of the car unswirled. just a thought.
The following 2 users liked this post by TLtrigirl:
Acura_Dude (12-22-2011), Mrtastygoody (12-23-2011)
Old 12-22-2011, 08:04 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Sorry to hear about this-thank God for $0 deductible.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:10 PM
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
sorry to hear... good to hear on the 0 deductible. at least it'll take care of those fingernail scratches behind your door handles.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:20 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you want to get the whole car repainted, talk to the shop you wind up using and ask them how much more they will charge you to paint the entire car. It may not cost you to much more money.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:43 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
Don't forget to collect for depreciation, too. A car with many panels repainted might not go for as much as a car with all original paint. My car got sideswiped almost three years ago, and while the paint-match looked perfect to my eyes after the repair, I'm starting to notice a tiny difference between the repainted portion and the rest of the car when looked at in the right light.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:03 PM
Early Shifter

Received 65 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by RaviNJCLs
I think that's what I see when I look at all the WDP's.
Especially the WDP rear bumper....
Old 12-22-2011, 10:12 PM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
Originally Posted by TLtrigirl
lifetime warranty can be given from a non-preferred shop as well (as long as you own the car and as long as the shop stays open). the insurance shops...its covered by the insurance company for the life of your ownership of the car. so if the preferred shop you went to closes, you can still go to another preferred shop and the insurance will cover the work.

in terms of what shop to go to...up to you. figure out a shop that does work to your liking and is highly reputable, and you should be taken care of well. i'm leary of insurance shops, but that's me.

i doubt the insurance will cover painting the entire car. if you want it all to really match pay the difference and you can have the whole car painted. one half of you car will have swirls (the non injured side) while the repainted will be nice a smooth. you may want to consider getting the rest of your car detailed appropriately with a detailer that specializes in paint correction to get the rest of the car unswirled. just a thought.
Thanks for adding this extra info.