Sponsored by:

Canceled TL Order and went with ES330

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 02:52 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thedream21479
As opposed to buying a rebuilt Accord??
No, as opposed to having read the various threads and realizing that this point had come and gone.
Old 12-30-2004, 04:56 PM
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Dropkick1
i went in to try to get a courtesy fix. no dice since it was "an act of God". they kept bringing this fact up and i kept responding "I am absolutely not placing any blame on the dealership for the damage. I just wanted to see if you would help me fix it as a courtesy."
Wow, I never thought I'd hear that term again, "Act of God"... A few months ago, when I was flying to Germany, our delta flight that was bound for Atlanta, was diverted to Tennessee. We didn't make it to atlanta until midnight. (We sat in the the plane on the tarmack for like 8 hours. No food for the entire day, since you had to pay for breakfast, and nobody did, so there was none on the plane. Wouldn't deplane us in Tenessee, because of "laws and regulations"...

Anyways, when we made it to Atlanta, I missed all of the day's flights to Munich, and I couldn't get on the next day's flight, cause it was oversold. They said there was nothing they could do. They wouldn't pay for hotel, food, or anything! They said our flight was diverted because of high winds from a nearby hurricane. They said it was an "act of god", so they were not obligated to do anything. I told them that the previous year delta (same airline) diverted my flight to cincinatti, and payed for a hotel, shuttle, and food vouchers, because of a snowstorm. Their response was, "That was different. A snowstorm is weather related. We can reimburse you for that. But high winds from a hurricane is an act of god... Sorry" So I was ticked, because they told me to go to baggage claim to get my bags, but they never showed up. Finally someone said (an hour later) all international bound bags are being held in customs, so procede to check-in. So by this time, that line now went outside the airport. Took me 4 hours to get to the front. Just in time for them to announce, "No more hotels available in the greater Atlanta Metro Area"... Great... So I have no place to stay, nothing to eat, can't return my ticket, and will miss all my meetings in Germany... Money WELL spent.... Thank you Delta Airlines.
Old 12-31-2004, 02:09 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Yoda117
No, as opposed to having read the various threads and realizing that this point had come and gone.
Sorry about that! I missed that page earlier!!
Old 12-31-2004, 04:53 AM
mio
Police

Originally Posted by bgut1
I agree it doesn't handle like a sports car, its far from being as detached as a van. I thought the ride was fine. Coming from a Honda Accord I have no complaints. As I noted before, the ES and the TL are two completely different cars. If the car was so horrible as some of you make it out to be why is it Lexus' most sold car?
well, if u like it, just go for it~ at least "Lexus" is a good brand~

but btw: it is not most luxury sold car , it is just lexus most sold car~

It doesn't means it is the best, it means it is the most valuable car only in Lexus~

I don't disagree with you, but the ES is not the cheapest car they offer. The ES has a base MSRP of $31,975 while the IS has a base MSRP of $29,435.?
is300? I don't know the price in US, inCanada, (CAN DOLLARS) the IS300 Price from

$37,775.00 (Manual) - $39,450.00 (Automatic) and ES330 Price from $39,900.00##

that is almost same man~

and In Can, if ES330 gets a sport pkg or navi pkg, it will much more expensive (at least $5000 more Canadian dollar) than a TL...
From Lexus.ca:
ES330

APPEARANCE PACKAGE $4,000.00
In Dash 6-Disc CD Changer, Adjustable Pedals with Memory, Power Moonroof, P215/55R17 Tires, 17" Aluminum Alloy Wheels

LUXURY PACKAGE $6,900.00 (es330 total with this one is $45000, TL EVEN NAVI PKG IS ONLY $44800)
In Dash 6-Disc CD Changer, Adjustable Pedals with Memory, Rear Window Sunshade, Traction Control (TRAC), Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Power Moonroof, High Intensity Discharge (HID) Headlamps, P215/55R17 Tires, 17" Aluminum Alloy Wheels, Rain Sensing Wipers

PREMIUM LUXURY PACKAGE $9,600.00
Mark Levinson Audio, In Dash 6-Disc CD Changer, Adjustable Pedals with Memory, Rear Window Sunshade, Traction Control (TRAC), Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Power Moonroof, High Intensity Discharge (HID) Headlamps, Wood Steering Wheel, Adaptive Variable Front Suspension (AVS), Adaptive Variable Rear Suspension (AVS), P215/55R17 Tires, 17" Aluminum Alloy Wheels, Rain Sensing Wipers

PREMIUM LUXURY PACKAGE WITH NAVIGATION $12,400.00 (es330 with this one is 52000,
TL navi is $44800, and TL has one of the best navi system. that is $7000 more)
Mark Levinson Audio, In Dash 6-Disc CD Changer, Adjustable Pedals with Memory, Rear Window Sunshade, Traction Control (TRAC), Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Power Moonroof, DVD Based Navigation System, Navigation Voice Recognition, High Intensity Discharge (HID) Headlamps, Wood Steering Wheel, Adaptive Variable Front Suspension (AVS), Adaptive Variable Rear Suspension (AVS), P215/55R17 Tires, 17" Aluminum Alloy Wheels, Rain Sensing Wipers

Just think about if u want to spend more money on a less options, less horsepowers,

less handling, less accelerations, bla bla bla... es330... think about if u wanna spend much

more money only for a good brand...

PS: everything is just my opinion or say suggestion, they all depends on u anyway...
Old 12-31-2004, 11:28 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mio
well, if u like it, just go for it~ at least "Lexus" is a good brand~

but btw: it is not most luxury sold car , it is just lexus most sold car~

It doesn't means it is the best, it means it is the most valuable car only in Lexus~

is300? I don't know the price in US, inCanada, (CAN DOLLARS) the IS300 Price from

$37,775.00 (Manual) - $39,450.00 (Automatic) and ES330 Price from $39,900.00##

that is almost same man~

and In Can, if ES330 gets a sport pkg or navi pkg, it will much more expensive (at least $5000 more Canadian dollar) than a TL...
From Lexus.ca:
ES330

APPEARANCE PACKAGE $4,000.00
In Dash 6-Disc CD Changer, Adjustable Pedals with Memory, Power Moonroof, P215/55R17 Tires, 17" Aluminum Alloy Wheels

LUXURY PACKAGE $6,900.00 (es330 total with this one is $45000, TL EVEN NAVI PKG IS ONLY $44800)
In Dash 6-Disc CD Changer, Adjustable Pedals with Memory, Rear Window Sunshade, Traction Control (TRAC), Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Power Moonroof, High Intensity Discharge (HID) Headlamps, P215/55R17 Tires, 17" Aluminum Alloy Wheels, Rain Sensing Wipers

PREMIUM LUXURY PACKAGE $9,600.00
Mark Levinson Audio, In Dash 6-Disc CD Changer, Adjustable Pedals with Memory, Rear Window Sunshade, Traction Control (TRAC), Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Power Moonroof, High Intensity Discharge (HID) Headlamps, Wood Steering Wheel, Adaptive Variable Front Suspension (AVS), Adaptive Variable Rear Suspension (AVS), P215/55R17 Tires, 17" Aluminum Alloy Wheels, Rain Sensing Wipers

PREMIUM LUXURY PACKAGE WITH NAVIGATION $12,400.00 (es330 with this one is 52000,
TL navi is $44800, and TL has one of the best navi system. that is $7000 more)
Mark Levinson Audio, In Dash 6-Disc CD Changer, Adjustable Pedals with Memory, Rear Window Sunshade, Traction Control (TRAC), Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Power Moonroof, DVD Based Navigation System, Navigation Voice Recognition, High Intensity Discharge (HID) Headlamps, Wood Steering Wheel, Adaptive Variable Front Suspension (AVS), Adaptive Variable Rear Suspension (AVS), P215/55R17 Tires, 17" Aluminum Alloy Wheels, Rain Sensing Wipers

Just think about if u want to spend more money on a less options, less horsepowers,

less handling, less accelerations, bla bla bla... es330... think about if u wanna spend much

more money only for a good brand...

PS: everything is just my opinion or say suggestion, they all depends on u anyway...
Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know that I picked up my ES330 last night and had a fantastic experience. Unlike my "3" previous TL's the car was detailed to the T. The finish looked like glass and the inside was spotless. Instead of having to inspect the car out in the cold (like my Acura dealer) my Lexus dealer has convereted their service department into a heated inside inspection/car pickup area. A couple of other details that were considerably different from my Acura pickup:
1. Found one small scatch on the door molding. Lexus agreed to replace it without hesitation. When I found a scratch on my TL door handle the Acura dealer refused to fix it.
2. Little nice touches - History of Lexus leather bound coffee table book for free ($50 value), an ezpass cover with the dealer emblem, loads of key chains and a gift certficate to a local restaurant.
3. Surprised me with a lower interest rate for my loan - 3.63% vs. 4.25% for 60 months.
4. Allowed me to test drive the car before I took it to check for the hesitation problem which I am glad to say it doesn't have.
Now I understand these are 2 completely different types of cars, however if my Acura dealer made the buying experience just one tenth as enjoyable as my Lexus experience I would have been happy.
Old 12-31-2004, 02:36 PM
Intermediate

This is the most accurate thread here -- Acura dealers are very bad -- right up there with Toyota dealers. I hate mine....and go all the way to Pasadena from Los Angeles. It's funny i stumbled across this thread -- cause just the other day I decided that my next car would be a Lexus IS330 (the new one that is due next fall.....).....just for the dealer. And, I love the TL, it's great, but I need better service....
Old 12-31-2004, 03:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,671 Likes on 932 Posts
Originally Posted by pgriherd
This is the most accurate thread here -- Acura dealers are very bad -- right up there with Toyota dealers. I hate mine....and go all the way to Pasadena from Los Angeles. It's funny i stumbled across this thread -- cause just the other day I decided that my next car would be a Lexus IS330 (the new one that is due next fall.....).....just for the dealer. And, I love the TL, it's great, but I need better service....

As a Nissan customer, the Nissan dealers is a picture of dichotamy: Great sales people that are friendly and will give a good deal BUT service advisors that HATE your very existance on the planet Earth.
Old 12-31-2004, 05:44 PM
__

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know that I picked up my ES330 last night and had a fantastic experience. Unlike my "3" previous TL's the car was detailed to the T. The finish looked like glass and the inside was spotless. Instead of having to inspect the car out in the cold (like my Acura dealer) my Lexus dealer has convereted their service department into a heated inside inspection/car pickup area. A couple of other details that were considerably different from my Acura pickup:
1. Found one small scatch on the door molding. Lexus agreed to replace it without hesitation. When I found a scratch on my TL door handle the Acura dealer refused to fix it.
2. Little nice touches - History of Lexus leather bound coffee table book for free ($50 value), an ezpass cover with the dealer emblem, loads of key chains and a gift certficate to a local restaurant.
3. Surprised me with a lower interest rate for my loan - 3.63% vs. 4.25% for 60 months.
4. Allowed me to test drive the car before I took it to check for the hesitation problem which I am glad to say it doesn't have.
Now I understand these are 2 completely different types of cars, however if my Acura dealer made the buying experience just one tenth as enjoyable as my Lexus experience I would have been happy.
What and where is this Lexus dealer? (I am between an ES330 and a TL)
Old 12-31-2004, 06:06 PM
Intermediate

Ray Catena Lexus in Ocean Twsp., New Jersey. This is the third Lexus I had purchased from them and all were great experiences. PM if you want the name of my salesman.
Old 12-31-2004, 07:32 PM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Ray Catena Lexus in Ocean Twsp., New Jersey. This is the third Lexus I had purchased from them and all were great experiences. PM if you want the name of my salesman.
Congratulations on your new car. Your experience with the pick-up sounds just like mine at the Acura Dealer where this was my third purchase. My dealership just moved to a new location with new building etc. Delivery was in the inside, heated delivery area (not the shop) and it was a great experience. Free Starbucks and chocolate chip cookies always available. No coffee table book but that's only a $50 value if you would have purchased it. Yes, I drove the car before completing the deal.

This thread has shown that we can and do complain about anything. I'm sure you will be happy with your purchase just like lots of us are with ours. Happy New Year.
Old 12-31-2004, 09:10 PM
Burning Brakes

very sorry you didn't get the tl. i would never even consider the es. they are not comparable at all.
Old 01-01-2005, 10:10 PM
Cruisin'

Hope u love ur car as much as their service.
Old 01-01-2005, 11:58 PM
www.drippinwet.com

this is my 3rd acura (2 previous cl's) even though i work at motorworld i would have bought it from them even if i didn't work there, they are very good and go out of thier way to take care of people

the lexus is nice, just not what i would have bought
Old 01-02-2005, 03:30 AM
Licking Platters Clean

Really...........my salesman said no...I will call first thing in the AM ... Thanks!!!

This is what I've found with my local Lexus dealership as well. Friendly, nice bathrooms, but they don't know SHIT about their own cars. If they offer XM and your salesman didn't know it, that doesn't sound like a good dealership experience to me. That said, I don't disagree with what you are saying about Acura dealerships. I flew to Florida to buy my car and don't regret it one bit.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:34 AM
Licking Platters Clean

Originally Posted by mastertl
Bimmers dealerships send you flowers and gives you calls for the first 1 - 2 weeks of ownership. They also send gifts to new owners on Christmas.
They can afford to with the ass-raping they give on their grossly overpriced cars. Poor value, those are expensive flowers you pay for.
Old 01-03-2005, 11:17 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by JackSprat01
They can afford to with the ass-raping they give on their grossly overpriced cars. Poor value, those are expensive flowers you pay for.
I know I have both coupes, but:

Grossly overpriced cars? Lest not forget, they also have a MUCH higher resale than any Acura product- especially the CL/TL.

And in point of fact, I got my 2001 330Ci with Sport Package, Xenons, H/K Stereo, Moonroof, actual leather (not the fake pleather thats optional) 5spd for $29,500 back in December of 2001. The sticker on the car was $44,000ish.

As opposed to my 03 CL-S (non-navi) which I bought as a CPO'd vehicle back in March of 03 with 9,000 miles on it for $26,500.

The 03 CL is now worth under $20 grand street price whereas the 01 BMW is still in the mid 20s. And I won't have to beat someone with a stick or give them pleasure on the side to take it off my hands when I sell it.

Oh and the BMW dealership had my windows tinted for me as a surprise! I told my salesman that it was the first thing I'd do, and he had it done for me before I took delivery- no charge!
Old 01-03-2005, 11:22 PM
www.drippinwet.com

bmw for the last few years have put loads of dealer incentives into the cars to move them, nice cars though, - as far as the resale goes, thats why i lease, buy things that appreciate in value, lease things that depreciate, (not to start up the oh leasing vs buying wars - but it works for me, i don't put alot of miles on and always ended up trading about every 3 years anyway, so leasing is less expensive without the hit in resale)
Old 01-04-2005, 12:07 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by acura_service
bmw for the last few years have put loads of dealer incentives into the cars to move them, nice cars though, - as far as the resale goes, thats why i lease, buy things that appreciate in value, lease things that depreciate, (not to start up the oh leasing vs buying wars - but it works for me, i don't put alot of miles on and always ended up trading about every 3 years anyway, so leasing is less expensive without the hit in resale)
Most EVERY manufacturer has some sort of incentives. Whether it be reducing the price of the car or having ultra-low APR financing.
Old 01-04-2005, 03:22 PM
Hello!

We are comparing apples to oranges here. Yes the ES and Tl are in the same class but the companies are on 2 different wavelengths.
I am happy with my Acura dealer(not 100% satisfied)as I don't compare them to the bigger, better brands.

Did anyone go to the Lexus event? I went to one in Atlanta Lexus had near every luxury car/coupe there. The food was incredible as the service. It was nice getting back in my TL, but it was cold saying I have an "Acura".

I have yet to get a Acura loaner when my car is in servie. I went to lunch in a new ES 330 loaner when my co-worker took his Lexus in for service.
Old 01-04-2005, 04:16 PM
Racer

Sorry about that! I missed that page earlier!!
LOL! No sweat! Just in the mood to razz a bit.

Now I read the post about picking up the ES330, and it sounds like bgut had a great experience. Lexus does treat their customers really well... for the most part (if they think you can't afford the car, they do get snotty with you... but show me a dealer who doesn't).

It sounds just like what I got at Montogomeryville Acura. The weather was good, so we did the checkup outside, but other than that it sounds about the same. The really nice part for me was that I found some cosmetic defects about a week after I got the car and they took care of it without a second thought or any complaints.

I am currently dealing with an issue from an improperly installed remote start (they damaged the collar for the steering column, and it doesn't fit right anymore). Since this was not done by the dealership, I am stuck with a $90 bill, but the dealership I was at (West Chester Acura) went so far as to print up an invoice with a detailed explanation and fax it to the installer so that I don't get stuck with the bill.

More and more I am finding that while individual manufacturers may put more stock in good customer service than others, it seems to be the dealership's own philosphies that make or break a customer's opinion of the brand.

Best wishes with your ES330 (see if you can get a larger air intake to give that thing a bit more pep )
Old 01-04-2005, 07:04 PM
Drifting

Congrats on your Camry purchase. I kid I kid....well kind of. Best of luck with your car.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:09 PM
Racer

The thing I hate about Lexus loaners is that the have HUGE:

COURTESY CAR PROVIDED BY (FILL IN NAME) LEXUS

God, I hate that. Makes it harder to beat the hell out of the car because someone from the dealer or another motorist can report it. Sheesh, that's 1/2 the fun of a loaner.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:54 PM
Hello!

Originally Posted by mobilezen
Congrats on your Camry purchase. I kid I kid....well kind of. Best of luck with your car.
Another Accord owner calling out a Camry owner. Wait, I'm an Accord owner!
Old 01-05-2005, 02:57 AM
mio
Police

Originally Posted by LessisBestmakingendsmeet
Another Accord owner calling out a Camry owner. Wait, I'm an Accord owner!
ROFL! ACCORD is still in the top 10 best car of the year 2004 in
"car and driver" or whatever...anyway, a famous and popular magazine~
where is Camry~ ... but not in top10 best doesn't means it is bad...
Camry is a very good car too, it is suitable for old ppl~ coz the car is super
quiet and comfortable... (but u got quiet and comfortable, u lost sporty and young feeling.)
the reason why ppl calling Camry = ES330 is because they got the
similar style, like the nose, the headlights, bla bla~... and the most important reason is they got same
engine and same HP !!! Camry is 3.3l v6 220 hp ES330 is 3.3l v6 225hp...
that is not worth to spend so much money only on a good brand but nothing different under the hood...
And BTW: I didn't see any relations between Accord and TL... the style is totally
different, the engine is similar (accord is 3.0L, tl is 3.2L,) but the horsepower is
different... accord is 240hp, TL is 270hp...
PS: TL and ES330 are totally different... it depends on what kind of
driving feeling u want, u want comfortable quiet or sporty powerful, younger...
Old 01-05-2005, 11:55 PM
Racer

I have an unrelated question. Why the hell do new Honda Civic's have laser cut keys with built in transmitters whereas our Acura's do not?
Old 01-06-2005, 12:12 AM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
I have an unrelated question. Why the hell do new Honda Civic's have laser cut keys with built in transmitters whereas our Acura's do not?

Civics probably get stolen 10:1 when compared to the TL.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:16 AM
[]( O)( O)% []D[][]V[][]D

my brother has that key on his accord cpe 6mt...ever feel how cheap they are???
Old 01-06-2005, 12:33 AM
TLuv2drive

I had the same experience so I know exactly what your talking about 'bgut'. The dealership in my town treated me like garbage too. Too bad the Acura execs can't see this thread!

But in the end, and after countless of testdrives (Lexus IS300, Audi A4, Infiniti G35, BMW 330Ci, Saab 93), I just had to have the TL. I ended up in West Palm Beach, which is a 2.5 hours drive from Orlando to make the buy. It was all worth it!!!
Old 04-01-2005, 09:21 PM
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
the ES is just like a camry!
Old 04-01-2005, 09:39 PM
Cruisin'

Unfortunately, success seems to breed contempt for the customer in some dealership personnel. Most Acura dealers are doing quite well and are not having to work very hard for customers right now. I do wish more people would simply avoid the poor dealers and go to a more respectable one. I realize this takes time and often a fair amount of travel time, depending on where you live.

I hope you don't expect the same level of handling and performance from the ES that you had with the TL. It's just not there. The ES has some very good attributes, they just aren't my thing. I hope it suits you...

Sorry you had such a poor experience with an obviously unresponsive dealership.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:43 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by actright
the ES is just like a camry!
the same can be said about the TL being like an accord. this is the way car manufacturers are going when building cars. sharing platforms reduces cost and will increase profit margins.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:45 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Lightbulb

His deal was done before X'mas... Good luck to his new car...
Old 04-01-2005, 10:40 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by caball88
the same can be said about the TL being like an accord. this is the way car manufacturers are going when building cars. sharing platforms reduces cost and will increase profit margins.

I think the TL is a little more distinctive from the Accord than the ES vs Camary. In both styling as well as driving experience. The TL is a more noticable difference.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:49 PM
Licking Platters Clean

OMG, who exhumed this thread? I have a TL and an Accord...love them both so there!

Call my TL and overpriced Accord and I'll thank you for the compliment.
Old 04-02-2005, 07:45 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by caball88

While it is true, TL and Accord share some common parts & systems, there are far more differences than many other shared platform models, Camry/ES included.

The old TL was much more similar to the Accord.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:11 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts
Sorry you had a bad experience. I would agree that dealers are a hit-miss proposition. Both the Acura dealer I purchased from and the Lexus dealer I test drove treated me well. The ES is a great car, just a little too unexciting for me. It didn't give me the "got to have it" feeling that is an important part of my car buying process. But heck, I just turned 50. I'll be 54 when the lease is up on this one and who knows, 4 years might change my tune. Anyway, congrats.
Old 04-02-2005, 06:31 PM
E-Xtraordinare

The Mercedes dealership has been great to me. They sendme free shit every month like I've received key chains, blankets, AMG/Maybach/Mercedes-Benz hats, and an AMG and regular Benz emblem crusted golf shirt.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:41 PM
Hello!

Originally Posted by mchester
While it is true, TL and Accord share some common parts & systems, there are far more differences than many other shared platform models, Camry/ES included.

The old TL was much more similar to the Accord.
So you have a link or proof to back up this riduculous claim? We DO know the Camry is made in Kentucky, the ES 330 in Japan. We DO know the Accord AND Tl are built side by side in Ohio. How comforting.
Old 04-02-2005, 11:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 85 Likes on 37 Posts
Smile

Man that truely sucks ass ! ! ! I have dealt with 2 Acura Dealers here in the greater Seattle area, and both were great. Maybe you should look into reporting that dealership to Acura, Im sure they would love to know about this. Good luck man.
Old 04-03-2005, 12:10 AM
Intermediate

I REALLY love the way Acura Of Lynnwood treated my wife and I (Like a KING AND QUEEN !).
Sorry to hear about your exp., but I'm glad that you found what you wanted.

Quick Reply: Canceled TL Order and went with ES330