Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Canadian TLers

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 05:59 AM
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts
Residuals

The residuals change every quarter. As you getting later into the model year the residual drops. All manufacturers do this on their leases. Sometimes, the interest rates drop as well and it doesn't make that much difference. For example, I have a 48 month lease that started early last week and my residual is higher (50%) but so is my interest rate. It looks like the 4 year rate has dropped 0.4%.
Old 03-19-2004, 08:35 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey, have any of you had the memory seat issue fixed? My seats remember 95% of the time but there's that odd time when it doesn't. I mentioned to Acura that there's a bulliten while getting my oil changed and they came back with "no there isn't"

Are bullitens different for Canada and the States? Anyone else have experience with getting the seat thing fixed?
Old 03-22-2004, 07:42 PM
gjm
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just wanted to say hi to all the fellow TL's in Canada. I just ordered mine today. Anthracite Dynamic with the lid spoiler. I am looking forward to getting it in April. It is a little bit nasty out in the west to be driving it yet. Too many rocks on the roads still. It would break my heart to beat it up so soon.

I got the deal for about $800 off. There are not too many Anthacites in town yet so hopefully it will be a little more rare.

Cheers.
Old 03-22-2004, 07:45 PM
gjm
9th Gear

slntSam,

The TSB system in Canada is independant of the US. They operate on their own and deal with their own specific issues. They may communicate unoffically but if a TSB is posted in the US don't assume it is in Canada.

I dealt with this on a new MDX with vibration/exhaust drone.
Old 03-22-2004, 08:14 PM
Pro

gjm, are you sure about the TSB system being independant of the US? That kind of sucks. I was hoping that the TSB on the glove box fix was something that the dealership could look up for me and perform.
Old 03-22-2004, 11:14 PM
gjm
9th Gear

TorontoTL,

Yeah I am 95% sure. I don't think it means that the dealer will leave you hangin' dry but if you have the glove box problem I would suggest that you help them find their way to the solution if there is a US TSB.

I was shocked when I learned this from my dealer. It just doesn't make sense in my books but Acura US and Acura Canada do a lot of things different. Colors, features and TSB's.

I am very happy with my dealership, I hope yours listens to you and helps you out.
Old 03-23-2004, 04:30 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally posted by gjm
slntSam,

The TSB system in Canada is independant of the US. They operate on their own and deal with their own specific issues. They may communicate unoffically but if a TSB is posted in the US don't assume it is in Canada.

I dealt with this on a new MDX with vibration/exhaust drone.
I am looking to get an 04 MDX, and noticed @ Edmunds there were lots of complaints of the hum noise. Is it that bad and what did Acura do to fix the problem. I read they removed a hanger, but this hardly appears to be a fix. Also is the sound that bad. Some people really hated it and others said they could hear it but it did not bother them.
Old 03-23-2004, 04:46 PM
TL hacker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Getting my '04 TL 5AT Navi Silver/Ebony on thursday at Acura 2000 in Brampton for $41K
Old 03-23-2004, 06:16 PM
Cruisin'

Getting my '04 TL 5AT Navi Silver/Ebony on thursday at Acura 2000 in Brampton for $41K
Zeuser - that must be before taxes etc. correct?
I am paying about the same but when you add the taxes and the PDI etc. it comes to just over $50k.

CrazyNuts.
Old 03-23-2004, 07:28 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by Zeuser
Thats where I bought my 02 TL from. Who did you buy it from? Also, how could you possibly get this combo for that price, thats the non-navi MSRP.
Old 03-23-2004, 07:59 PM
Intermediate

"Getting my '04 TL 5AT Navi Silver/Ebony on thursday at Acura 2000 in Brampton for $41K"

The list is 44,000 ....right ?

Zeuser....speak to us!!!!!!
Old 03-24-2004, 04:52 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by webster
"Getting my '04 TL 5AT Navi Silver/Ebony on thursday at Acura 2000 in Brampton for $41K"

The list is 44,000 ....right ?

Zeuser....speak to us!!!!!!
Exactly, and I find it difficult to believe that the harder to get Navi model, would be discounted $3000, especially due to the fact it is a relatively new model.
Old 03-27-2004, 05:38 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by BLEXV6
Exactly, and I find it difficult to believe that the harder to get Navi model, would be discounted $3000, especially due to the fact it is a relatively new model.
Perhaps it is a typo and he meant 44,000 ??
It would be nice if he responded to his own comment?

Where are you Zeuser ??????
Old 03-28-2004, 06:56 AM
10th Gear

That would be only $420 over invoice and about $1600 better than the best deal I've heard of for the Navi. I see four possibilities:

1) Zeuser misspoke himself and is actually paying more
2) Zeuser is a close relative of the Acura sales manager
3) Zeuser is in for a surprise when when he picks up the car and is given the keys to 2003 CL
4) This is actually the price of the TL after Zeuser's trade-in of a 1974 Ford Pinto with roof racks (in which case he still got a helluva deal)
Old 03-28-2004, 08:46 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Are you guys running snow tires? I'm running Dunlop DS1's and I think this week is the week where I change them back to the stock summers.

I'm starting to see a few more TL's on the streets of Toronto now.
Old 03-28-2004, 05:58 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by PMF13
That would be only $420 over invoice and about $1600 better than the best deal I've heard of for the Navi. I see four possibilities:

3) Zeuser is in for a surprise when when he picks up the car and is given the keys to 2003 CL
4) This is actually the price of the TL after Zeuser's trade-in of a 1974 Ford Pinto with roof racks (in which case he still got a helluva deal)
Thanks for the laugh. Those are funny responses.
Old 03-28-2004, 06:31 PM
Pro

I didn't put snow tires on my TL this year. I really only had problems once in the laneway behind my house. It was after the huge snowstorm that we had in January. The laneway doesn't get plowed and I was trying to back into my garage. The snow was just too deep. Once I shovelled under the car a bit i was able to get unstuck. Other than that I haven't had issues driving in the snow.
Old 03-28-2004, 09:04 PM
Intermediate

I just picked up my 04 TL with Navi 5AT on Mar 26. Gave up my 03 Saab Vector 6 sp and throw it back to GM after 6 months in service. Quality was the bigger issues and got no time to visit dealership. I purchasd the car from Acura in Markam, ONT. The Chinese sales lady - Amy was very helpful and gave me a great discount, ~ 4.1% off. I think it was a good and fair deal. In fact, I was telling her more about the car than what she already knew, I was sold already before I even sign the contract. Got discount on extended warranty and backup sensor too (for my wife, really!)

I have heard a small noise rattle coming from the pass side seat, not sure where yet, but only at certain speed. Got my T68i working in bluetooth mode, and will try a R520 later on next weekend as well. Signal and battery strength are on the display.

I too have problem with this 6sp, especially when I "gun" out the car, I am fight with steering wheel constant and I can't do that every day with my suit on. 5AT is much more relaxing for daily run.

Does any one figure it out on the XM radio yet?
Old 03-29-2004, 08:57 AM
Advanced

Originally posted by flip_man
Does any one figure it out on the XM radio yet?
I don't have my TL yet, Flip (picking it up on Tuesday), but I *thought* that the XM radio wasn't included at all in Canada. XM radio service isn't available in Canada (yet), and apparently Acura decided that meant Canadians shouldn't get the XM radio.

Can someone else confirm or deny this?
Old 03-29-2004, 10:38 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by kadams64
I don't have my TL yet, Flip (picking it up on Tuesday), but I *thought* that the XM radio wasn't included at all in Canada. XM radio service isn't available in Canada (yet), and apparently Acura decided that meant Canadians shouldn't get the XM radio.

Can someone else confirm or deny this?

We don't have it because the CRTC has not approved XM for Canada. There was a thread somewhere about this and we get things they don't in the U.S.
Old 03-29-2004, 11:20 AM
TL hacker

No... it wasn't a typo. It's $41,780 before taxes for a '04 TL Navi.

I went through www.carcostcanada.com and paid $42 for their "1 car negotiation service". They referred me to Allan Garant at Acura 2000 in Brampton. Since the price was pre-arranged through carcostcanada the only thing we worked out was extras thrown in and the extended warranty.

Acura 2000 had 4 TL navis on the lot last week. I picked the Silver/Ebony one on the lot. I went in on Monday to talk to Allan and by Thursday I was driving away with my new TL.

No B.S. people, carcostcanada did in fact knock off $3000 of the price. Not too bad for paying them $42 for the service.
Old 03-29-2004, 08:54 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by Zeuser
No... it wasn't a typo. It's $41,780 before taxes for a '04 TL Navi.

I went through www.carcostcanada.com and paid $42 for their "1 car negotiation service". They referred me to Allan Garant at Acura 2000 in Brampton. Since the price was pre-arranged through carcostcanada the only thing we worked out was extras thrown in and the extended warranty.

Acura 2000 had 4 TL navis on the lot last week. I picked the Silver/Ebony one on the lot. I went in on Monday to talk to Allan and by Thursday I was driving away with my new TL.

No B.S. people, carcostcanada did in fact knock off $3000 of the price. Not too bad for paying them $42 for the service.
correct me if I am wrong, list is 44,000-$4,1780=$2,220..and this is not $3000!...and if you add the 42 bucks on top, you are only looking at $2178 or about 5%. With only 8.5% as the total margin, wow! ...you can't live on these sort margin and make a living out of selling...even if you don't do much pre-sales service, there is the post-sales service when you pick up the car, at least 1 hour need it.

This a great deal nevertheless! Good job!
Folks, it is not $3000..am I right or wrong?
Old 03-30-2004, 09:15 AM
Cruisin'

correct me if I am wrong, list is 44,000-$4,1780=$2,220..and this is not $3000!...and if you add the 42 bucks on top, you are only looking at $2178 or about 5%. With only 8.5% as the total margin, wow! ...you can't live on these sort margin and make a living out of selling...even if you don't do much pre-sales service, there is the post-sales service when you pick up the car, at least 1 hour need it.

Your conclusion is flawed in that you are not aware of what the true dealer cost is for the TL - i.e. what the dealer pays Honda. I used to work for Honda and have friends that can still get me this information. Honda associates get to buy any Honda product at dealer cost. For the TL, the dealer cost is below the 40k mark, and I can guarantee you dealers aren't losing money. The big problem for Canadian Honda dealerships is being able to attain a decent quantity of their hottest selling products. Hence, it is more difficult to get a really good discount on a popular selling car like the TL, because dealers can only get so many - and to add, these cars have a tendancy to sell on their own even at the suggested retail price. And no, I do apologize, but it wouldn't be right for me to publish what the actual dealer cost is.

CrazyNuts
Old 03-30-2004, 10:26 AM
TL hacker

I stand corrected. It's $2178, not $3000. I was just rounding down, which I shouldn't have done because it's $41,780. I should've rounded up.

Sorry if it was a bit misleading.

Still, I got a pretty good deal. I went to several other Acura dealers and nobody wanted to budge from the $44K MSRP. Especiall since they all told me they were out of Navis. Sure they had plenty of base models but no Navis on the lot. Most told me they weren't expecting some until April or May. They were back ordered on the Navis.

Still, carcostcanada did find a good deal for me and I'm quite happy with the quality of their service. I'm also quite happy with Allan Garant at Acura 2000. Very professional sales manager and no BSing. Overall it was a good experience.

While Allan sold me the Navi for far less than he would from a customer ust walking in through the door, I think his deal with carcostcanada is paying off. His board was full of new TL deliveries for that week. So while he's selling them for less money, I think he's making up for it in quantity sold.

Some salesmen have a hard time selling just one car per week. Allan had at least 10 TL deliveries last week. And I'm not counting the other models on his board (MDX, TSX, RSX).

I think Acura has a winner with the new TL. They'll be selling plenty of them over the next few years. And I would definetly recommend carcostcanada to speed things up and get a great deal without the usual B.S. some dealers try to pull.
Old 03-31-2004, 02:37 AM
Club Abyss Member

Smile Taking delivery of my '04 TL on Saturday...

Hey everyone !.....first time Acura owner here .....i am buying a '04 TL automatic in abyss blue with ebony leather....i also added in some A-Spec accessories such as the rear lip spoiler,side skirts,front chin spoiler,18" wheels and Michelin pilot sport A/S tires,,,,should look pretty cool.....looking forward to posting on this site !
Old 03-31-2004, 07:35 AM
Pro

Hey Cdn04TL, congratulations, you should be very excited. You are going to love this car. Mine is also the ABP with ebony and I absolutely love this car. Good choice of tires from what I've read about the Michelins. I'm planning to change tires eventually.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:07 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Cdn04TL
Hey everyone !.....first time Acura owner here .....i am buying a '04 TL automatic in abyss blue with ebony leather....i also added in some A-Spec accessories such as the rear lip spoiler,side skirts,front chin spoiler,18" wheels and Michelin pilot sport A/S tires,,,,should look pretty cool.....looking forward to posting on this site !

I like your colour choices, then it should look something like my car....
http://www.pbase.com/albertanf1/family_cars
Old 03-31-2004, 11:31 AM
TL hacker

ACURA MEET IN TORONTO

See this thread for meeting details: http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showt...242#post736242
Old 03-31-2004, 11:34 AM
Team Nighthawk Water Boy

Which dealer did you go to? How much are/did you pay for the A Spec
Old 03-31-2004, 05:23 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Zeuser
I stand corrected. It's $2178, not $3000. I was just rounding down, which I shouldn't have done because it's $41,780. I should've rounded up.

Sorry if it was a bit misleading.

Still, I got a pretty good deal. I went to several other Acura dealers and nobody wanted to budge from the $44K MSRP. Especiall since they all told me they were out of Navis. Sure they had plenty of base models but no Navis on the lot. Most told me they weren't expecting some until April or May. They were back ordered on the Navis.

Still, carcostcanada did find a good deal for me and I'm quite happy with the quality of their service. I'm also quite happy with Allan Garant at Acura 2000. Very professional sales manager and no BSing. Overall it was a good experience.

While Allan sold me the Navi for far less than he would from a customer ust walking in through the door, I think his deal with carcostcanada is paying off. His board was full of new TL deliveries for that week. So while he's selling them for less money, I think he's making up for it in quantity sold.

Some salesmen have a hard time selling just one car per week. Allan had at least 10 TL deliveries last week. And I'm not counting the other models on his board (MDX, TSX, RSX).

I think Acura has a winner with the new TL. They'll be selling plenty of them over the next few years. And I would definetly recommend carcostcanada to speed things up and get a great deal without the usual B.S. some dealers try to pull.
Did you purchase or lease ?
Old 03-31-2004, 09:26 PM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Welcome to the TL Family!!!! Just want to know how much you paid for the body kit and rims?? I bought mine w/only $350 off which included the front/side/rear/lip spoiler. I am still waiting for lowering springs and apparently no one carries them yet here in Vancouver :smackhead So what are your next plans for the car?? Hey maybe I'll see you on the road!!
Old 04-01-2004, 03:32 AM
Club Abyss Member

Thanks for all the compliments everyone....yes i like your choice in colors as well Albertanf1 !.....the price of the A-spec body kit including the 18" wheels was as you probably already know around $ 4700.....the michelin tires list for around $ 475 each.....the bottom line is that i traded in my current ride and my dealer and i came to an agreement on the difference.....it did'nt matter how much of a discount i got on the TL or how much they gave me for my trade in......i was very pleased with the final numbers and i highly recommend North Shore Acura and my Acura specialist RK......
Old 04-01-2004, 05:34 AM
TL hacker

Originally Posted by webby
Did you purchase or lease ?
Lease. But it still would've been the same price if it were bought.

Honda Canada Leasing still estimated the residual at %50. So my residual will be less than what other people might have but I'm still paying for %50 use over 4 years just like everyone else on HCL leases.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:35 AM
Racer

is the A-SPEC package available in canada?
if it is, do dealerships sell it seperatly......thinking about getting the A-SPEC suspension..
Old 04-02-2004, 07:05 PM
10th Gear

Just drove by at Acura Main in Hamilton and counted 10 TL's.....shortage of TL's????
I do not think so....take your pick.
Webby
Old 04-03-2004, 04:43 AM
Cruisin'

Hi peeps, im from Montreal, I'll be picking up my TL some time next week I hope if it's ready. 5at black/camel interior with Navi, and aero kit. I will post pics as soon as I get it home.
Old 04-03-2004, 06:17 AM
Pro

Anyone here have the memory seat module replaced yet to fix the amnesic memory seats? I've been told that the Canadian dealerships still don't have any module for their customers with this problem.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:12 AM
1st Gear

XM ready stereo in Canada

Does anyone know if the stereos in the 05 TLs are XM ready? And if yes, can you purchase a package that will utilize the factory stereo?

Thx
Old 06-10-2005, 02:58 PM
GQS
Team Anthracite

Originally Posted by calgarytl05
Does anyone know if the stereos in the 05 TLs are XM ready? And if yes, can you purchase a package that will utilize the factory stereo?

Thx
No, XM is not included with the units in the 05 TL, they are not "XM ready" and it cannot be added on (according to my dealer). The only way would be to get a separate XM receiver and add an FM transmitter to it.

Or I guess you could get an audio unit from a junked US model TL.
Old 06-10-2005, 10:45 PM
Pro

We just picked up our 05 AM 5AT about a week and a half ago and boy are we loving it! Will post pics soon after wash and wax...

Quick Reply: Canadian TLers