Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

canadian dynamic pkg owners add navi?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2003, 02:53 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
canadian dynamic pkg owners add navi?

has anyone investigated the costs and parts to add navi to the dynamic pkg. obviously Acura Canada didn't want to offer such a package because of the price point and the expected lower sales of the dynamic pkg.

Since the car is essentially the same, i wonder if most of the components and wiring etc is already installed and one only needs to replace the screen and add the navi dvd unit in the trunk. The voice recognition mic and associated bits may be another seperate component. Has anyone checked this out.
Old 11-01-2003, 03:43 AM
Instructor

I'd say it's pretty unlikely, doubtful if Acura would do it, and cost-prohibitive even if they could.
Old 11-01-2003, 06:30 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not likely. I tried to get a US TL a couple of years ago with navi, no luck, and actually investigated what you are talking about with Acura. Certain things have to be done at the factory level. Acura won't do it and if you try it voids the warranty. It would be better getting a navi and upgrading the dynamics features you want.
Old 11-01-2003, 11:26 AM
Intermediate

Sorry guys, i guess i should have been more clear it was late you know. I wasn't implying getting help from Acura. i've been down that road with honda/acura and I know they aren't too interested in changing their product even though they offer it in other domestic markets. I was directing the question more to all you pro-active guys out there who will take their own initiative and do it theirselves or have your mechanic / ice tech you have confidence in do it for you. We should all know by know how frustrating it is buying Japanese cars not becuase they are bad cars. On the contrary, they are great cars, but what they offer in their own domestic market (JDM) is for more then the Canadian market. Even the USDM is getting a few more things than we are now. That wasn't the case the the recent years. Coming from a past JDM enthusiast i've tried to get various options not avail to our market but was standard or options in Japan. Some with success, other time without. I have a feeling that because the car is vary similar that from a manufacturing/cost standpoint the required infrastructure may be already there and a component here and a module there would be all there is to it. As for warranty, well, one knows you must forego that from time to time when you customize / aftermarket your car. The saving grace is that you're actually using OEM parts that work in the same car with a different trim level.
Old 11-01-2003, 11:32 AM
Intermediate

you would think at first, getting the navi pkg and adding on the dynamic pkg would be less cost prohibitive, however, you are mistaken. Brembos are not a cheap item, followed by the LSD, which isn't cheap as well, not too mention the install. And if you are talking warranty like some of you are, would you like to forego the warranty on the ICE or the mechanical / drivetrain. I think the latter is more important.

Sorry to be so blunt but i just get a little tweeked when generally intelligent folk jump before thinking. Its ok to expect the not so enlightened to do so, but when people with more capacity respond without much though, it gets a bit dissappointing